1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PCZone UK - *new* UT2007 details + images

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Selerox, May 27, 2005.

1. EL BOURIKO

EL BOURIKO New Member

If I (EL BOURIKO) feign death and someone believes that he just killed me, Will this someone get the message "YOU KILLED EL BOURIKO" on his screen, and will his score change to fool him completely too. If not, I can try to feign death as much as I can, only idiots will believe I am dead!

2. Deapblade

Deapblade New Member

Half the world is made of idiots so that isn't a problem. ;)

It looks to me like the gun wil shoot a laser.

3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Hey thanks for these infos. I like them , and yes , that weapon looks bad ass. More than all the rest.

4. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Nope. Feign Death doesn't say anything that you got killed or score change. An alert player will know you're merely faking and will pump Flak into you for a SURE kill. :)

5. Israphel

Israphel Sim senhor, efeitos especial

Once again, thanks Sel, it must have taken a fair while to type that out...dedication above and beyond the call of duty...

BU salutes you :tup:

As for the game....it just sounds ****ing awesome!!!!

6. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

4,119 words

Hehe, thanks :) It took about 3 hours in total, because I'm not a very fast typist :eek:

7. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

lol. The only moment in which Feigning Death is not so stupid is when there is more than one player near you: You can feign your death in this moment and people could think that another player killed you... :D

8. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

Thank you soooo much for that transcript! Well worth the time you spent. :p

As for the weapon thingy, it does kind of look like it could be an AVRiL, or a sniper-type weapon, or perhaps that canister gun thingy? Although that doesn't explain the scope-type thing. :(

9. Xipher

Xipher I didn't break it, you did

In a fast pace game I don't know how often I actually would watch to make sure, but as a sniper I wouldn't have a problem poping him again :D

10. .:42:.

.:42:. New Member

nice work

11. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

the most interesting bits in that article are the bits about AI (note that it still won't be 'real' sentences for the voicecommands, probably more like the AirTraffic Controllers use in real-life) and the commander-mode which might be like having a 'real' commander in the field instead of some 'godlike' non-entity (idiots TK'ing each other to become commander would be problematic though).

btw :
    This month's pc-zone benelux didn't mention anything about UT2k7 other than its existence
    I'm sure we'll see the same article as soon as it is translated ...

12. Unreality

Unreality New Member

i wonder what effect feiging death would have when driving a vechile :p and for one when you go feign death and fall off something still in ragdoll you should take damage... duh but what if epic misses that :p

13. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

At least I hope it will be...

It will more than likely be disabled while in vehicles :)

14. Guille (Skaarj)

Guille (Skaarj) Powered by the UnrealEngine

wow!!!!! beautiful pics!!!!!!!

15. FireCrack

FireCrack New Member

From what i gather thre doesnt seem to be a limit on the number of commanders, it seems like the commander jsut stands in a room with a few tv screens, mabye an ovehead map, and relays infromation to his teammates on the field.

16. Kriegs-Maschine

Kriegs-Maschine New Member

I'm sure at 100% that its not a sniper. It's way too big/heavy to be a sniper, believe me... and I'm almost very sure that its the Avril since the design is almost the same as in UT2004 and it have a "rocket thing" for the avril missile and it does have a scope like UT2004's Avril. lol am I the only one to have noticed the Avril does have a scope... not just by locking ur targets, but on the model. Else if its not, it could be the Ion/Target Painter. Anyway the gun looks so high-quality and nice.

17. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

Yeah, model looks nice, less "random crap" tacked on the side though it looks rather bulky. I hope they scale the models down a bit or at least have a "small weapons" option.

18. beefsack

beefsack the authority in beef

thanks a lot selerox! your hard effort made it possible for me to see and read :D here in japan we dont even get western game magazines, let alone an english one :p cheers!

19. Kriegs-Maschine

Kriegs-Maschine New Member

Nice magazin scan :D
    But strangely... I really 100% don't remember about "faking dead" in UT99...

20. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

Nicely done Sel :tup: :)