OFP Coop

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
OFP's movement is why the game is dead to me. I give SWAT4 a pass because mirror-on-a-stick.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It is bad? In my opinion it is one of the better movement systems.
And SWAT3? I just love the 3 stage combat movement (slow walk, fast walk, run) my dream for INF, though I would like to be able to use them all at the same time (not only each two, depending on the combat mode).

I got to play a bit Ghost Recon (Original) today with the HX5 mod (made by a Blackfoot developer by the way, harntrox). I found a good server with the admin playing (though no dedicated, watch out for "Tactical Platoons") and boy... was that f.ing awesome.
The maps are just godlike in design (we did lots of desert irak afghanistan stuff, which became my favorite, even if I am a jungle guy, but the jungle maps are also awesome, which makes me even happier because of Gound Branch).
Used the L7 (british FN MAG aka M240) with a high magnification scope, what an absolutely awesome sound, goes off like a... f.ing machine gun.
We played some sort of assasination game type, neutralize a leader and extract. Simple in concept, but interessting to perform.

I installed and tried Operation Flashpoint, but somehow it doesn't get to me (as it didn't the last couple of times I tried). I love the concept of it, but the uglyness is destroying (Ghost Recon is pure visual pleasure compared to it) and it acts awkward and all this. The insertion on the VS server may be interessting, but the way it is done ingame is unrelistic (you dont have a marine flying a helicopter, parking it in the woods and kicking some with his mates).

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
I installed and tried Operation Flashpoint, but somehow it doesn't get to me (as it didn't the last couple of times I tried). I love the concept of it, but the uglyness is destroying (Ghost Recon is pure visual pleasure compared to it) and it acts awkward and all this. The insertion on the VS server may be interessting, but the way it is done ingame is unrelistic (you dont have a marine flying a helicopter, parking it in the woods and kicking some with his mates).

Well that is usually done so there is less scripting. You can make a entire battlefield if you want with everything done realistically but yeah that takes allot of effort.

Vixen.cat

Sep 20, 2005
zeep

Nice vid, it made me giggle like I was running laps in the Special Olympics. I recall that little haystack thing having similar problems in OFP too, though not anywhere near that screwed up.

Last edited:

GoldenNugget

Jul 15, 2005
I've just started playing ofp coop and there's a good group a guys who run the CIA (comrades in arms) server. It runs FDF and a few other addons and it's pretty serious coop gameplay which is really nice. You need a password which you get get from a member on their forum though, but that filters out most of the annoying people.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=46112
http://www.ciahome.net/node?page=1

I'll check out that vet server which seems interesting.

Oh as for the movement, I also feel that it's kinda clumsy in a way. Some of the animations are slow and rushing into a room for urban combat is horribly awkward. Other than that I love the game.