Official NC UT2004 demo thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
OK, only a few more hours to go before the demo comes out as I type this. I know there will probably be one we'll be directed to on the main BUF page, for "Epic's eyes," but we can still have a thread of our own. :D

Anyways, discuss:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
we all need to dnld and play the new demo so we can report all the little **** that sucks about the game, and then they`ll fix it like they did 2k3. :)

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
no silly, they intentionally put bugs in the game so you buy patches and you constantly away the next genesis of hte game expecting it to be better... that's how franchises string you along. look at starwars...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Cactus said:
no silly, they intentionally put bugs in the game so you buy patches and you constantly away the next genesis of hte game expecting it to be better... that's how franchises string you along. look at starwars...
or everquest or any other mmorpg

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
I just hope they put back some of the elements of the original 2 games, Unreal and UT...larger, more impressive map areas, greater variation of character choices, that sort of thing...and I hope the vehicle support isn't disappointing. Maybe it will be worth learning to map for...

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
it's terrible... absolutely terrible... i mean, the eratic movement of the enemy AI white bar, the slow pace of gameplay, the power ups activated by firing the weapon in a certain angle... and what about hte weapon... only one... and only one player can fire at the same time... i could swear my opponent was using cheats because when my shots hit him, he merely absorbed them and fired back at me... and when i dodge his shots for 3 times, i lose the game...

poor design and execution...

Attachments

• pong.gif
    pong.gif
    9 KB · Views: 21

Ictus

Just Eggs
May 30, 2001
Raliegh, NC
www.worstkind.com
Cactus said:
it's terrible... absolutely terrible... i mean, the eratic movement of the enemy AI white bar, the slow pace of gameplay, the power ups activated by firing the weapon in a certain angle... and what about hte weapon... only one... and only one player can fire at the same time... i could swear my opponent was using cheats because when my shots hit him, he merely absorbed them and fired back at me... and when i dodge his shots for 3 times, i lose the game...

poor design and execution...

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH, had me goin for a second you sonofabitch!!

but i digress, DEMO TASTE GOOD! rankin is probably the best DM map i've seen since UT1 days. Of course I dont NEED demo since I already have full ut2004 ( :D) but it was fun to play demo online.

I love saying demo without the. Anybody who says 'the demo' should be banned.

Its demo

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Congrats to Hourences, our homegrown forumer/mapper for getting his maps into the demo and the game, even though he's outgrown us and doesn't visit anymore :p