***OFFICIAL Infiltration 2.9 Release Discussion Thread, v2***

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Nothing has been frozen. If something is found during the beta sessions it'll still be fixed. We're not expecting there to be anything, but you never know. So beta sessions continue while we wait for the backend matters to reach the point where we can send off the master CD to press. At that point of no-return we announce it's gold. ;)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2001
England
FieldMedic said:
You mean this logo ?
argologo.gif

Maybe in the unconscious of the sentry studio logo designer , is the answer

Lol, thats the company I work for!!!! Quality.

I think this is the first time I've strayed from Inf OT in a while, can't wait to get my hands on this game....

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
ok... ive got a couple of questions that i wanna ask:

-is there going to be an inf lite for 2.9?
-are the M16A2 sights ever going to get fixed?
-do you throw the new flares in first person like a grenade, or do they just fly out of your screen?

had a couple more, but ill post them later...... and no, i havent been bothered to find the 'search' button on my screen :p

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
-No.
-Maybe? What's broken? They get the job done, that's for damned sure.
-No 1st person animations. That would add more to the delay, but little to gameplay.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
i want gold dammit!!!!!
gimme gold gimme gold

"No more blah, send cd." , my mum says so.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaRGGGGGGGGg

Last edited:

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
I think Dr J meant whether the top of the M16A2 rear sight would be fixed for 2.9, since the Inf one is a semi-circle with a square line on the top of it. The Minimi rear sight IIRC from screenshots I've seen doesn't really have that problem.

LIGHTFIGHTER

11B3H AFA MEMBER
Jul 9, 2002
MOTORCITY
Visit site
the site is functional..........the problem is that the INF-player is too far away from the rear sight, his nose should touch the charging handle in-order to obtain the correct sight picture

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
i wasnt saying that it was dysfunctional...... its just that the M16 rear sight doesnt look too much like a circle at the moment.... i know that there have been heaps of posts about it, but.... just had to ask even though ive seen the 2.9 pics... but doesnt matter, you can shoot with them :)

and.... what? no inf lite o_0 ?? ahh! :p

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Freon said:
maybe it's because the MINIMI is using a skeletal mesh? I don't know much about that

That is leading logically to the following questions :)
What is a skeletal mesh , and in what it is different to the kind of model used for the old M16A2 ?
Thanks for any infos on that.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
I thought all the term skeletal mesh meant that the model could use the (very basic) skeletal animation that UT patched supports...the Minimi does use skeletal animation according to the Inf team.

Anyway, I wish the M16A2 had a better rear sight like the Minimi but oh well.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I remember from a long time ago that an Advanced Model Support was available , giving more possibilities to model makers , and to use their model you had to download an install that AMS too yourself (just an umod).

One of the first time i heard this 2 words "skeletal animation" was at the time AMS was released , but i never tried to understand what it was.

So does INF2.9 has the AMS features in it with the install by default , or do we need to download of this AMS , as several advanced models needed ?

Last edited: