***OFFICIAL Infiltration 2.9 Release Discussion Thread, v2***

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

get_carter

Aug 6, 2003
scope system

Scoped weapons now move around the soldier's field of vision like other weapons. Personally, I think this has balanced the use of scopes. It's now more difficult to aim, and the weapon/scope movement is more accurately represented to how it would feel IRL. Before you could take a scoped weapon, which took up a ton of the screen and be very accurate, moving it wherever you wanted. Now your true FOV is taken into account as you aim the weapon. The soldier can't just stand their and twirl around without some adjustment. Very cool.

MunkE

Complete ****ing loon
Apr 26, 2000
the bad side of Hell
asuka.norfair.org
Barring catastrophe, I should expect my CD anywhere between next week and mid-December(my optimistic and pessimistic guesses), right? I'm trying to get my life organized enough that I can give this game some proper TLC...y'know, get that school thing out of the way...

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
MunkE said:
Barring catastrophe, I should expect my CD anywhere between next week and mid-December(my optimistic and pessimistic guesses), right? I'm trying to get my life organized enough that I can give this game some proper TLC...y'know, get that school thing out of the way...

LOL. Yes you will have it by mid-December ;)
Not much longer now...

Mike

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Hrm. One modification I'd make to this, so that files with spaces are chown'd properly, and files perhaps named YourBase too...

Code:
find / -iname '*your*base*' -exec chown us:us '{}' \;

edit: added * in middle so it matches 'your base' 'yourbase' 'your house is my base', etc.

;)

Mike

Last edited:

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Hey, Mr. full-throttle-headshot-with-hipped-psg-find-every-map-exploit-playing-inf-24-hours-a-day forums just like he inf's: like a cheatin, aimbottin newb.

Okay, that didn't make any sense, but you get my point ;)

Mike

Aegis

More INF, less chit chat
Dec 29, 2002
Herndon, VA
Visit site
whats up?

So, any hope of seeing this thing before christmas?
have not seen any new info on the site since Nov1, was wondering if theres anything new?

Also wanted to ask, and if its been asked and answered before, fine, but im asking now: If over half the ppl are'nt "buying" a CD, why are we all waiting for the downloads to become available "after" the CD is shipped?

follow up question: Is everything ready for the release to be available for download? or is there more work to be done?

-Aegis

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
The CD/download-thing has been discussed and decided in a rather ugly fashion. A flame retardant suit is recommended if we are getting into that again. Buttom line is, there will be no download available until after the CD's are shipped.

As for a progress report, I recomend you check out the "GOLD"-thread. That's as good as it gets, at least until the official "It's out!"-statement is given.

Wait... it's still not available... not even the CD's are shipped yet?

I here by suggest this game be put into the guniess book of world records for being the most delayed game ever. Unless anyone can beat it. It's been so long it provoked me to make my own single player mod with multiplayer.