Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
whatever dudes.

my girlfriend is way hotter.
just look at the way she pretends to lick pussy and then proceeds to chug beer while wearing the greatest T-shirt ever.

244r43o.jpg

2r39xr7.jpg

Thrash knows what I'm talkin' about.
ST LOUIS represent

actually while I'm here taking pics from my facebook, I'll post this too:

16hthci.jpg

"hey, it's Tom Green." I got stuck behind the camera, so all he did was sign my coaster. but he'd rather pose with women, I'm sure.
we found him at a bar in South Florida while taking a mini-vacation there back in June.

Last edited:

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Been a crazy month for shooting weddings...I've totally stopped shooting landscapes and I miss that.
Anyway, just doing the first editing of shots from a wedding on Saturday...there were some pretty challenging lighting situations at the end with fireworks and the cake...and then the father of the bride setting off flares. I've been using the D3 for 2 years now, and I'm still blown away by it's metering and ability to shoot without a flash in situations like that.

Also, I did some posed shots with the bride. I normally just do documentary style wedding shots, but the bride used to be a model and wanted to do some poses before she walked down the aisle. We had 10 minutes working the light in a room off to the side of the chapel before the ceremony, and at the end of it, with the bridal march clearly audible through the doors, I said I liked the ceiling and she volunteered to climb onto a table, wearing 3 inch heels and a 6 meter long veil train to do some shots.
They came out a little Alice Through The Looking Glass-ish.

Here are some of the shots...Like I said, I'm just doing the first edit and haven't finalised the lack yet, just playing around with different styles, so there's a look of consistancy in the processing.

Apologies for posting so many....I don't post particularly often, just dump a whole load of shots at once. Also, apologies for not commenting much on the work that people put up here. I keep up with the thread, and really enjoy a lot of the stuff that's posted here.
@Thrash. That's a lovely shot of your gf, but you should never say
Thrash123 said:
the pic doesn't do her justice
because then it's your fault as the photographer ;-)

Anyway..

raquelbruno0278.jpg

raquelbruno0373.jpg

raquelbruno0398.jpg

raquelbruno0483.jpg

raquelbruno0557.jpg

raquelbruno0678.jpg

raquelbruno0710.jpg

raquelbruno0753.jpg

raquelbruno1197.jpg

raquelbruno1551.jpg

raquelbruno1661.jpg

raquelbruno1820.jpg

raquelbruno2248.jpg

raquelbruno2392.jpg

raquelbruno2407.jpg

Last edited:

Israphel

Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
What a beautiful place to get married in! *___* Lovely photos, as always!

Thanks so much Igoy :) Yeah, it was a beautiful place, the chapel had windows all along one side so it was full of light. A really welcome change from some of the dark churches I occasionally have to shoot in.
It's an old farm just outside Lisbon (there are loads of places like this and they rent them out for weddings and stuff). It's also nice to have the wedding and reception in the same place...saves on driving and stress.

Rambowjo said:
That looks like an expensive wedding.

I'm not sure if it was that expensive. There were around 60-70 people there (the previous week I shot a wedding with over 200), and one of the biggest expenses at a wedding is catering (I know this from experience of my own wedding). Also, they did everything in the same place, so there's no car rental or stuff like that.
On the other hand, I read somewhere that Portugal is the place where people spend more (as a proportion of their income) on weddings than anywhere else in Europe. It really is a business here.

007MIKE said:
Is she cutting the cake with a sword.. if so that is awesome!

Good stuff. I like that you are applying a similar set of processing for all your wedding shots. Gotta watch that outdoor white balance though. Their skin isnt that dark

Oh yeah, it's a sword :D
He's a Policeman, and had a guard of honour from his colleagues as they left the church. They borrowed a sword to cut the cake.

I mistyped my original post..I actually should have said "There's a LACK of consistency in the processing..." I only shot this at the weekend and I'm still playing around with different settings. There's a lot of different lighting situations (harsh midday light, late evening light, exterior shadows, internal shots with electric lights, internal with the window as a light source, night-time shots, and then that goddamn flare) so I want to get a look that works with all the images.

The shot you've highlighted, well the flare was spontaneous...I was set up to shoot candle light and the artificial lights on the outside of the building when the guy let the naval flare off. It was an "Oh ****!!!!" moment cos I didn't want to miss the cutting of the cake. These flares have the brightness of the sun, so of course the camera wants to radically underexpose...and it's at night, so I risked losing everything except for a bright white and red spot. I set exposure comp to plus 1.5 and put the flare behind her back...the WB was on auto. As it is, I still had to push the exposure by a stop in post, as well as bringing out the shadows. Like I said though, the shots are a long way from finished and I haven't touched WB yet. I'm not sure whether to leave it with the red glow and shadows, or convert to black and white (I've tried it and it looks cool, but it's a shame to lose the red, which was such a part of the moment).

Pine said:
Ah, rich people and their rich people weddings. Israphel, your stuff is fantastic as always.

Thank you Pine:)

I dunno if they are that rich. She's an air-stewardess and he's a policeman. Neither of those jobs earn that much in Portugal...but like I said to Rambowjo, Portuguese really like to blow out on their wedding. I've noticed that the biggest weddings are often from the people who appear to have jobs that make me wonder how they can afford it, while the smaller low key weddings I've shot are often with people who have quite decent jobs. That's by no means a hard and fast rule, but a friend of mine who has a string quartet and plays a lot of weddings has observed the same thing.
I've lived in this country for 12 years now, and I really don't get so many things about people and money here.

Last edited:

Israphel

Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
I'm sorry, those are great photographs, but I had to do a double take on this one. Thankfully it wasn't what I thought it was.

Pine's right (well partly). She really does have a baby's foot between her teeth.
I'm curious about what you thought was actually happening when you decided it "wasn't what you thought it was" :D

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I went out and did a track shoot with an old friend I haven't seen in a while. She has an interest in becoming an athletic model and I haven't was intrigued by her concepts. I haven't shot track in years and if i was going to do it again i would have to bring out the studio lights. All shots are using a 3-4 point lighting system. One of those lights is of course the sun.

This was not an easy shoot! I had 2 different light sources each with different color temperatures and the track itself was providing a lot of red/orange fill which caused her skin to look redish. Not much I could do about that. It was extremely colorful regardless.

1. This shot seems to be everyones favorite.
_MG_7464.jpg

2. Maybe I overdid it with the colors.. but she really is in fine shape! The ground is level, not sure why she isnt. :p
_MG_7448.jpg

3. This is an excellent start. Even with the studio lights at max her skin was still overwhelmed by red. Looks much nicer in B&W. Probably the least powerful shot in the bunch but she likes it.
_MG_7488.jpg

4. A simple and probably typical athletic portrait looking tough and full of attitude.
_MG_7547.jpg

5. The second most popular shot. Here is the story behind it: I had the lights set up at 1/4 power on two of the Einsteins which where positioned to the right and the sun to the left. Lucky for me I am able to sync up to 1/500 with to my 7d. It says 1/250 in the manual but it seams to work with these lights so I'm not complaining. 1/500 is fast enough to freeze some of the action but not fast enough for track. The Einsteins at 1/4 power produce a flash with a light duration of 1/2200. That is plenty fast to freeze the action, however to the left of her I had the sun. The sun is a constant light source which limited me to my cameras shutter speed. Basically the left side the this shot was frozen at 1/500s and the right side is at 1/2200 hence the blurring of one side and not the other. Will need more powerful lights next time or I will have to wait for a day when the sun isn't out.
_MG_7566.jpg

6. A fun shot which also suffers from the problem described above. I can see how some may like it because it adds a little motion blur to the scene.
_MG_7574.jpg

When the shoot was over I noticed just how sunburned I was. I didnt think I was out there that long but it turned out to have been 4 hours. The track ground just enhanced my experience. Saw myself in the mirror later that day and though I looked like a human torch or possibly a lobster man.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Amazing action shots there man.
Most impressive stuff, I think motion blur is okya in certain scenarios and the two shots you've shown with it are good examples of it.
It's there but everything important is totally in focus... Unless you were doing a promotional shot for Nike trainers or something it's good stuff. :)

How do you pull off the effect in shot 4 where the horizon appears to be well above her head? I've seen it done a lot and it's a slick angle I think but i've yet to try anything liek it as of yet myself.
Off the top of my head I'd assume it's long'ish distance on a zoom? Maybe slightly elevated? it's a really nice effect and suitably frames your athletic model in a colourfuly apropriate athletic background. :)

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I went out and did a track shoot with an old friend I haven't seen in a while. She has an interest in becoming an athletic model and I haven't was intrigued by her concepts. I haven't shot track in years and if i was going to do it again i would have to bring out the studio lights. All shots are using a 3-4 point lighting system. One of those lights is of course the sun.

This was not an easy shoot! I had 2 different light sources each with different color temperatures and the track itself was providing a lot of red/orange fill which caused her skin to look redish. Not much I could do about that. It was extremely colorful regardless.

1. This shot seems to be everyones favorite.
_MG_7464.jpg

This is really nice. I agree with everyone else too, this is the best shot of the shoot. Fantastic use of the flash too.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
It's there but everything important is totally in focus... Unless you were doing a promotional shot for Nike trainers or something it's good stuff. :)

How do you pull off the effect in shot 4 where the horizon appears to be well above her head? I've seen it done a lot and it's a slick angle I think but i've yet to try anything liek it as of yet myself.
Off the top of my head I'd assume it's long'ish distance on a zoom? Maybe slightly elevated? it's a really nice effect and suitably frames your athletic model in a colourfuly apropriate athletic background. :)

Funny you should say that, I was going for the athletic wear advertisement style look. With some assistance, more time and a few more lights I think I can really expand on what I learned from this shoot and step it up a bit.

The effect you see in shot 4 was achieved by using a 200mm lens and taking the shot from where the track begins/ends the straight away. I may have been on my tip toes in order to get that extra height. It also helps to be taller than your model.

Hello Summer

I'll never get over the bazaar look of overcrowded beaches. You go to the Oregon coast and you will maybe see 10 - 30 people at max around you. Its not uncommon to be on the beach and be alone for miles.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
With my fresh sun burns still causing me problems I took off to the Oregon Coast where it was much cooler. For those who are not familiar with the Oregon coast I will explain. The entire coast line is public. This means that there are no public beaches. It is also very cold and windy for most of the year. It starts to warm up around June peaks around late august and early September and then it goes back to being way too cold and windy. The sand isn't as pretty as other coast lines. It tends to be on the light brown side rather than being white or grey colored. Still, its a great place to go if you need to get out of the hot big city weather.

We lucked out on this trip because the temperature was 70f and we barely had any wind. I wish we had more blue skies but I did the best I could with the weather we had.

Much like the track shoot, I used a 3-4 point lighting system. One of those lights being the sun of course. We met a lot of people along the way and took some photos of a few dogs and kids posing with my model of the day. I ended up collecting email info and sent the photos off last night. It adds a little bit of magic to people when you include them in your photo shoot even if its just for one or two shots. Its also good advertising and it leaves them with something to talk about to their friends and family. :)

1. Taken from a look out point at Cape Perpetua. Most folks enjoyed watching us.. but we did have a party pooper who thought we had ruined their entire coastal trip by setting up a studio at the the look out point. Can't win everyone over. :p
_MG_7681.jpg

2. Used the 11-16mm lens to capture this. I just love the effect of having the sun directly behind the subject. I wish I took more photos using the ultra wide angle. I only took 4 shots and I had a really nice keeper.
_MG_8036.jpg

3. This is the models favorite shot. Its a common pose and shot. Nothing too special about it.. but regardless it is a great shot with an excellent pose. The glimmering ocean in the background gives it some magic.
_MG_7865.jpg

4. Being my first beach swimsuit shoot I wanted to make sure that we had some variety of poses in the shots.
_MG_7715.jpg

5. I almost didn't include this shot, but the uniqueness of the pose was the reason why it made it in the final cut. It also turned out to be the models 2nd favorite shot. Glad I put it in the mix.
_MG_8062.jpg