No one's playing JB2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Because everybody thinks JBIII is better than JB2003/2004. Maybe something about historical value, or the laziness of the people to go and buy something new, dammit!!!

... and because nobody makes new maps for it. Kind of vicious circle, I'd say.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I think its partially because the lockdown is still normal JB- that and a lack of new content. many of our best mappers are continuing to map for UT99 and not 2k4.
I think we've improved jailbreak in almost every way... We should move the lockdown to 2k4 and get some more maps out there.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
ZedMaestro said:
Jailbreak 2004 is currently dead. I don't see anyone on the JB2004 Mothership at all anymore, or any other servers. Why?
I still see the servers.

However, if you say people don't play JB2004 that much, you are right.
I think we must start to bring life into it, starting with the Motherships Wednesday Lockdown.
Let's agree on being there on next wednesday lockdown at 21.00 CET !!!

If you want me to kick your ass sooner, just let me know ;)

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
1. AntiTCC is the most annoying piece of sh- I mean software... I have ever seen. Not that it would be bad, and it sure does protect against cheaters, but I'd really love to kick the arse of any server admin who uses it since I just find it an annoying piece of software.

2. Yes, switching the Parole and the Lockdown might be a good idea, though I'd prefer to have the Parole on Saturday. The exception is this Saturday/Sunday, since we are switching times (daylight savings trick) and will be *forced* to live the same hour twice... :D
That must be funny with birthdays... "When was your child born?" "The night the time changed, at 2:18 AM." "First or second time 2:18?"

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
tarquin said:
What is the current situation with lockdown & parole?
Is the lockdown page still accurate? ( http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html )

If Sunday nights is a more popular time for people to play, perhaps we should consider switching the two slots round and play 2004 on Sundays?

We have already talked about that idea over in this thread ... and I think now is the time to switch dates and promote it on our frontpage. Who's up to this?

Btw. shall I remove AntiTCC from the Mothership? Any other protection to use? Or none at all?

Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Sexmachine said:
Btw. shall I remove AntiTCC from the Mothership? Any other protection to use? Or none at all?
The biggest anoying thing about AntiTCC are the In Game checks. The ones which happen when you are die and your PC just stops responding for a couple of seconds, and then showing the big yellow message "You have died. AntiTCC is verifying ... blablabla". Is it possible to keep AntiTCC but disable this check (or lower the frequency of it)?
I don't like the idea of removing the protection completely...

Btw. I got "caught" and kicked by AntiTCC for using an "illegal" voicepack. ;)

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, maybe reduce the checks or something. I haven't played enough on the Mothership since AntiTCC was put up to say, but I've played on plenty of other servers running AntiTCC and I've never had any problems with it. On the other hand I've had many very enjoyable games ruined when someone using cheats started playing. When I play online I always try to find an AntiTCC server when a good one is available.

Then again I don't download custom skins/models/voicepacks either. I don't see what the problem with that is though, you just can't have them installed when you play on a server that doesn't have them. That's like server admins complaining that mods modify the server packages - it's just the way the game works.

Sunday JB2004 lockdowns definitely sound like a good idea. I'll do my best to be there this Sunday, and I'll see if I can't get a few of my friends here to join me as well.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Sexmachine said:
... and I think now is the time to switch dates and promote it on our frontpage. Who's up to this?

Let me know what Sunday is the first new 2004 Sunday lockdown and I will write a news post.

(Can anyone think of a good picture to go with this?)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
many of our best mappers are continuing to map for UT99 and not 2k4.

That's rubbish. I don't know of any of the regular mappers that have started any new maps for JBIII, only finished ones that were almost finished anyway.

I would probably be going on a mapping spree for it but I'm concentrating on modelling for my own planned mod project at the moment (and of course, I have lots of mapping to do for work aswell, even after hours...)

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
If we promote this Sunday's lockdown with a "news" post on the front page and get BU to do a quick news post about it, we just might bring in some numbers and give things a boost.