No more TDM!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
i dont have any need of any kind to contradict you
unless your talking sh*t

that leaves that i dont get it
so spell it out for me and we'll see if thats true

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
39.gif

I agree, it is imperative for Infiltration to switch from being reality-enhanced deathmatch to being a mission-based realism combat simulator.

Problem is, most of the cool maps are TDM... they need to be revamped for the new game-modes. The official ones will, of course, but I mean the really good third-party ones, like Angelheart's stuff.

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

Master of your Disaster.
Nov 22, 2000
www.engr.orst.edu
team death match is what you make of it ,
if you have a little bit of imagination and can communicate well
with others you can have some real fun with complete strangers.
I cant count how many times i have proposed a plan on a pub server
and the response was GUNG HO. Espeacially from ex military people.
They can appreaciate team work and like the idea of haveing a plan,
Seize a bridge and hold it, take away a crucial bldg in hostile area
be back up and flank protection, ah i could on and on.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
i cant get bored stiff of it, i enjoy each and every game. I guess thats just a difference in personalities or something, but i've been playing inf online for around 2.5 years DAILY, TDM... haven't stopped and dont see myself stopping. What about u benny?

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

Master of your Disaster.
Nov 22, 2000
www.engr.orst.edu
Nah not anytime soon Gnat, too much fun trying to get the better of you
and others that I have been playing with over the last couple of years.
I miss GPK!

But yeah it TDM is what you MAKE of it. If fragging doesn't give you
the high that it once did , go play DIABLO 2 or Everquest
for a while . You'll be dieing to pull a pin of a grenade or to snipe someone
while there runnning full speed.
I tell you what i have been enjoying is useing the "MA DEUCE"
on some of these maps. Man, its like haveing a full auto ROBAR.

I was told as a boy if you are bored it means YOU are being boring.

TheChronoTrigger

[UMC]FrozenFlame
Aug 10, 2001
California
homepage.mac.com
oh I'd like to point out that I use the sig and never use semi-auto, I prefer to let loose a burst by aiming at their crotch then with the recoil the second bullet hits their lowertorso then third hits their upper torso or head, works pretty well, I usually can take a person out with a single click, I use full auto or burst in CQB

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
thats what i did 2 (but with m16)
befor 2.86
dusnt work so well now as then change the burst for m16
and with more leaning and stuff i need precision rather then a quick set of bullets that will miss anyway

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
The M16 works fine on burst for me, but I use it without a scope
or any other attachment. It´s an assault weapon, not a sniper rifle. That`s actually the one thing I would like to bitch about - load-outs. OK, it`s on the pubs since I`m quite new yet.
Funny how there`s eight guys, and three have assault rifles
with scopes while three have Robars. The remaining two have
a un-scoped rifle and a shotgun, respectively.
Oh, the snipers all have a SMG as sidearm instead - or even together with a pistol. Actually, one of the Robar guys carries
a SIG551 as sidearm:)

How about some team limits on loadouts? Not that you can`t
agree on such anyway, I was in a pistols only match today.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Ya damn straight. I've been saying this forever( I don't check this forum much). There are alternatives ya know. Like AS and DOM. I think people are just too institutionalized to TDM. They'd go into a seizure without it. I'm all for something different. Whether it be a new map, or new gametype, I'm all for it. Unfortunalty, neither seem to go well with online INF. I dream of the day where INF has DOM servers, and new maps online. And I will continue to dream...
Jaymian

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I can't find anything 'fun' in TDM.
The few matches I've played on-line had people just rushing off without even thinking about what to do.
In gametypes like CTF you know what they are going to do without having to spent ages talking about what you should do.

preventing the enemy from taking the flag has always been more rewarding to me then simply killing them.
There's no real objective achieved if you win or loose.

Even if my team looses in CTF I can always think about the few captures I have prevented. In TDM I've got nothing that positive to get out of a match my team lost.

Feb 26, 2001
England
Originally posted by [L]-Lestat
Example Urban Terror for Q3, Docks map: Blue spawn. All it takes is for one person to stand on top of a building overlooking the blue spawn with a G36 and a couple of nades and red win hands down. Not a chance of fair gameplay.

Sorry Ron... Its just too.. too tempting.

I wouldn't do it in Inf as I like that game.. :)

You got a job with billy boy then?

- On scopes - People will stop using them when they become useless at close range. Also new loadout should fix the "Mr. EveryGunInTheGame" types.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
If anything the addition of objectives would at least eliminate the wander-around-cause-I-can't-find-the-last-guy syndrome that takes up almost 40% of all the game time.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
if you're the last one on your team, then simply surviving the match feels like you've won even though you lose the round.

In an objective-based game hiding won't help as you will feel like you lost if you don't prevent the enemy from accomplishing their objective.