No more TDM!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
INFwar is very fun IMO. The spawn camping can be a problem though. But its part of who can drive who into their spawn and keep them there so it still involves skill. BC is right though, there should be some maps better suited for infwar.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
The important difference between TDM & the CTF-based 2.87 game modes, with limited reinforcements (lives), is that unlike TDM, 1 side has to go on the offensive if they want to win the match. Both teams can't just sit back & play a game of out-camping the other side, as happens in high-stakes TDM matches (as I've seen in the ILCR for instance). One team has an objective they must accomplish, and have to get their asses moving to do it, and put together a tactical offensive to defeat the defensive position of the other side. So I totally disagree these game modes will be nothing but TDM with "some dumbass layer of something else to try to fool people into thinking they are playing a real mission objective game". :rolleyes:

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
i actualy dont really care
as long as i can play inf
TDM in clanmatch is REALLY great and i'd hate to see that go(try it sometimes yurch&fur you may like it, then again... with your prejudices against it...)
on the publics it CAN be a bit boring but i like it most of the time
i do it mainly to train for the clanmatches but i do still injoy it

i'd first have to see how the ctf stuff works out but i'v never been a big fan of CTF
and with 1 team having to complete a objective and the other just having to hold out i forsee some REALLY unbalances matches(and if the inf team gives the defences black skins by defualt im gona come over there and kill somebody)
hope im proven wrong thou

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Bias, bah. Ive played TDM on clanmatch, not much more than a really careful version of it.
TDM is also the reason for those long countdowns.. think about it :D

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by yurch
Bias, bah. Ive played TDM on clanmatch, not much more than a really careful version of it.

try using some teamwork then :rolleyes:
and a stratagie
multipal plans of attack
plan LOF overlap, have a rearguard
rush once in a while just for the fun of it(well not just the fun of it but because then you can get behind the enamy and do a pinser manover)
do some "stuped" things sometimes, just to try and catch the other team offguard (unpredictabilaty is the key!)
if your just playing more carefull your doing something wrong IMO

another thing
what is war but one big TDM match?(ok oversimplifyed but you get the idea)
and as this is a infantry simulator (thats what everybody seems to think anyway) TDM is what should be played

since we are not specialy forces our orders will never be much more complicated the liberate that town or destoy enamy resistance in that area

infantry men dont get orders as complex and the ones in AS-cubandawn or Chita46
and thats just normal AS
with EAS it can only get more complex(thats what im hoping for anyway)

a capture and bring back mission (like the new CTF) is on the border of infantry/specialy forces altou it would still be a unusualy order to give to infantry

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
My clan always uses teamwork. :p
Theres no need to give us a lecture on TDM, countess. We are all well aware of how it plays. Mostly because we can't play anything else.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
I hate TDM primarily for one reason. RL missions are never, go find the other guy and kill 'em dead! That is usually an over all objective, but from within small squad tactics, it is usually, support, hold, push, cover, ambush, infiltrate:)D).

I'll support yurch's cause once INF can hang wit' it, dig ska?

Troubleshooter

Aug 5, 2000
The Netherlands
TDM: the main reason i aint playing Infiltration.

Assault-"spawn-in-teams-like-in-DoD-and-RTCW"-destroy-capture-secure-hold/conquer town/hill/pillbox-type-of-missions is why i play RTCW and DoD.

its fun it makes you feel like your fighting FOR something. spending 10 minutes (and 4 lives/soldiers) to get around a corner (thats why i like Bullecourt) maybe fighting for territory like RL soldiers ( if a x amount of soldiers crossed a line the enemys reinforcements(spawn) area get pushed back and this goes on until the enemy is pushed out of a city/town/installation or until time runs out for the attackers, a bit like some UT assault missions only the "mission" is to push the enemy back/hold em off.)

HOLD ON: death penalty idea: since peeps always want good scores: lower there scores on the scoreboard when they die but are still able to respawn in a DoD/RTCW style. i wanna bet people will be more carefull then,or perhaps increase there respawn-time as a penalty (default 30 seconds, dying 2 times increases it by 15 seconds or something if reinforcements can come every 15 seconds. so you die and your timer starts ticking you cant reinf untill your timer runs out and THEN you have to wait untill reinforcements are arriving) <--thought it up 2 minutes ago VERY BETA :D :B

infiltration still feels to much like a CT VS T killemall type of game in my humble opinion. almost like whole army divisions are made out of 8 soldiers :D

pardon my english but im in a hurry. any question? ask nicely :p

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
i use semi all the time for m16 (and i switch to burst for CQB)
any sig user uses semi if he wants to sniper
if you got lag semi is the way to go

seems to me you wana burry TDM verry close to the surface :p