New Corrupt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Something along the lines of used but maintained. I figure Liandri Robotics Corporation's premiere prototype and show piece would have a repair budget. So no giant gouges or bulletholes but scrapes and minor dents and such.
Xan_Inprogress.jpg

Also there's xan without the helmet. ;)

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Hey me too! Heh He's always been a powerful looking character and I think he takes to the overbeefy treatment of the current gen unreal characters well.

Bring it On he says:(yet again still mainly material blocking, needs detail and grime and decals)
Xan_BringItOn.jpg

I'll release an SDK eventually, but its going to be a while. I was thinking that it was kinda good people weren't into skinning as much due to all the effort since this is actually one of my poorer unwrap jobs. :(

Good news though is that I'll be releasing this pack in the next 36hrs or so. I'll keep working on it after that, to get it complete, but Its gotta be some form of done before the end of the current MSU phase or I'll have to shoot myself or something.

PS: Vital stats as pictured Just under 12000 triangles, and 2 2048s with 4 maps each. (Dif glow spec normal).

Polygonally lighter weight than the Epic Corrupt, heavier than your average Iron Guard.

Further edit:
I'm glad you guys are liking this. I've been feeling like it and my skills are really mediocre lately.

Also it will have a custom physics asset so those leg armor plates flap properly when he runs.

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
well to be honest the skin could use some more contrast, and there's that odd dark edge of shading that needs to be split on the leg around the knee

Bofrazz

Skilled Skinner
Oct 7, 2004
leilei:
Are you slow? He's just begun to lay down base colors in this image. If you notice the under structure isn't even painted at all. What part of "Work in progress" did you miss?

On a more constructive note, I really like what you've done with you're emissives. The placement of those lights really ballances and unites the head to the body. As for the ole bulk factor, I'd have to agree with you on that one. This armor design has all ways out bulked the other combatants. While Your model does that, I don't think you pushed it too far. It "feels" about right.
Lookin' good.

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Xan_InGame.jpg

in game. Is playable. Though the photobucket crop seems to have de-rezed it a bit.
Doing a damage pass, maybe some more dirt. Oh and adding decals since he's quite plain at the moment.

BoFrazz: thanks man. I looked at lots and lots of tanks while working out the armor. Glad it made it to that kinda level.

The dark edge shadowing is something I've been trying to get rid of. Its some odd combination of a bad vertex normal or 3 and some odd normal map interpolation.
Its gonna stay in for at least the next few days, and I'm hoping to kinda hide it/play it off with the assorted roughness to the skin.
Edit: Fixed it. Just needed to invert the green channel.

Last edited:

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
ITS DONE! finally finally done done, uploading to the MSU submission page now.... one hour to go on the upload. lol

Final pack weighs just over 270mb uncompressed, about 220 zipped.

2 full characters, Xan and Tensor. Team skins, custom faction, faction pic, portraits, .. standard pack.

The handy, and expensive, part is that the interchangeable parts aren't just armor panels or a bolt on piece, or backpack like some packs have. They're fully separate pieces, that are still designed to work together.

The pack isn't finished though. I have 3 more "male" characters I want to make for this faction, and possibly a few "female". I'll get back to modeling n such after a breather. I've got some finals and last coursework to do this weekend, and a quick character art test/preliminary thing to do for this one company. No its not epic, no I'm not even guaranteed a job after it, but hey, its a foot/finger in the door sort of thing...

Man I get rambly after this much time awake. Worked from about 5pm wednesday to 7pm thursday, slept till midnight, and worked from midnight till.. now, minus a few hours for errands and C&C. So.. that might be a new record for me. 4hrs sleep in 50 hours time? Ahh but its all worth it.

Yes I'll have more pictures for you soon, in about an hour after my upload finishes. :)

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
lol you poor guy, no need to have gotten both. The second one has the exact same content as the first, it was just cooked for the pc so it was compacted.

But sure, ok I'll add a readme.. I never read the things, I always felt they were superfluous for model packs, but hey, I'll keep with the trend since apparently they're somewhat useful.

I've got some alterations to the pack coming, so I'll put it in next (and hopefully final) update.

Edit: and man.. the textures lose a lot in game. :( See these renders from maya.. Same model, same textures.

Xan_Render.jpg

Tensor_Render.jpg

Last edited:

Morpheus300

7ry 7urning 7he Safe7y OFF!
Mar 15, 2009
Umm... I think I may have downloaded the beta... The Corrupt on my PC sound like Iron Guard Males and Gib like humans. Did I download the Beta or do anything wrong installing them?