Need Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Guys if you could please over the next week or so while I concentrate on modifying UT2Vote for the WhiteList, I need you to answer the many questions mainly at Atari and here at BU as there is just noway I can do it all.
People seem to be very impatient and I suppose I cannot blame them.
Epic have sure screwed the works up here.

Why did they not warn us, give us some time to fix things.
I think it was very shoddy and unprofessional the way Joe Wilcox handled this lot.

Currently I have password complaints and ClanMatch complaints:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=411746&perpage=5&pagenumber=6

I'll see if I can find the password complaint.

Thanks in advance :)

tuco[HaH]

InstaGib Player
Jul 2, 2004
Hamburg, Germany, Europe
hah-clan.org
It looks like they gave Wormbo time to adjust his AntiTCC so that it can be whitelisted. As if lagging mid-game crap, having to wait minutes for checks so that you can join servers etc. is NOT ALTERING GAMEPLAY. :lol:

Well, I'm exaggerating, but only a bit :(

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
the password issue...i never saw this on any of the betas...when you added the webadmin interface did this possibly introduce these issues?

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
the esc-key, i noticed that behaviour in b5 or 6 i guess. at the time you implented the disconnection if connecting to another server via serverbrowser.

it's only in clanmatch and i thought, it should be that way...

i don't understand the password-issue. i have some gamelines with password in it and think, they are still working...

hard at work theese days, i hope i can dig deeper in it at weekend...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The Password issue is as follows as I understand it.

Before he starts the server he adds a GamePassword in the ini file:
GamePassword=Whatever
Now he starts the server.
When the server is running, he joins the server and logs in as Admin:
UT2VoteLogin password
Now he brings up the Menu and clicks on Admin.
There he now changes the GamePassword to blank.. ie nothing (deletes password)
He now clicks Submit.
Now he brings up the Menu and selects 'Restart' or another Map.
When the level now starts up, it still asks him for the password ???

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i tried the following:

my server has a serverpassword set.
i logged in as admin and loaded the settings of a gametype with working password. it was not the actual gametype, as i can't check if it's working, if i change the actual gametype to password "none". ok, i set the password of that gametype to "none" and voted that gametype, and i didn't have to enter a new password.
i switched back to default, and did changed the same gametype to the old password, voted it and had to enter the password.

imho everything is ok.

what about the esc-key, was it your attitude to disable it in clanmatch? i thought so...

and why in gods name must we allways use our crystal-balls to get an idea, whats wrong? why can't those guys simply link their inis? :(

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
what about the esc-key, was it your attitude to disable it in clanmatch? i thought so
Yes, as in a ClanMatch you do not vote and kick people.
The Escape key should still work in a ClanMatch (I think) only the Vote and Kick buttons should be missing.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
no it doesn't, at least not here, as i said, since b6 or so...

was my testing of the password thing helpfull or is it another story?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I think your test was ok - I'll check it also when I get time.
Although something is wrong because many Admin are switching back to 43 ?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
I just tested a little of the password problem on my server as well.

I set a gamemake deathball variant to a passworded game. It comes up needing the password as expected. I switch to the regular deathball gametype that includes ?gamepassword= in the gametype line and it returns to the default of no password like it is supposed to.

If they copied gametype lines from previous versions of ut2vote, they may have left out the gamepassword command for the line..?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes and I found a big bug in UT2004 in that if you join a passworded server with anything other than the UT2004 Server Browser you gonna have major problems.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
ProAsm said:
Yes and I found a big bug in UT2004 in that if you join a passworded server with anything other than the UT2004 Server Browser you gonna have major problems.

i never join any servers with the browser... :rolleyes:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
You whack Vito and I'll see to it this Zero clown gets a dirtnap too.

I already had to show vito the search button once, and THEN I had to show him the results too.. gah!

edit: gd, isn't there some way to turn your sig off by default? I mean short of deleting it.

Last edited: