Need beta testers on new INF map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
Then give the SEALs some cover and set the tango strting point at the other end of the map.
-> They can't be sniped in the beginning.

And because your map is so wide, there're several ways to get to an objective. SEALs can achieve everything without being seen.

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
Then consider the poor tangos
sarcblink.gif
This map is so huge that you'd have to set something up that gives them half a chance. The only good assault maps are the kinds where you're excited about playing both sides.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

Doze

Nov 11, 1999
Sweden
www.supervisual.com
Good idea Neo.

I am sure I will come up with something that makes it fair for both teams. Maybe placing a gate in each of the tunnels that you have to find a button to open (in a nearby house) and at the end of the map you blow up or capture something.

Btw, is anyone interested in a daytime version of the bombed city map. I could place 2 versions of the map in the same zip,

Anyone got a name suggestions for that map? I am out of ideas /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

G

Good job on the changes, the trucks and boxes are great. Still I yern for more cover, have you thought about maybe some sections of building ath have fallen? Itd help and only add to your theme.

If youd like we can post the beta for download on our site, the link you provided moved very slow for me, and itd be nice to have this map open to as wide an audience as possible. Let me know.

If I may suggest also, that when you get ready to release the alpha that you take 1/3 of this map and create a smaller version for the framerate impaired. The guy that made UrbanArena did this and it was still great.

Finally, I am really glad that you brought the map to the community, and have taken all of the feedback really well. Not only do you get a better map, but you serve as a model for other mappers, which is very cool.

CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.cablelink.com/realworld/index.html

G

Good job on the changes, the trucks and boxes are great. Still I yern for more cover, have you thought about maybe some sections of building ath have fallen? Itd help and only add to your theme.

If youd like we can post the beta for download on our site, the link you provided moved very slow for me, and itd be nice to have this map open to as wide an audience as possible. Let me know.

If I may suggest also, that when you get ready to release the alpha that you take 1/3 of this map and create a smaller version for the framerate impaired. The guy that made UrbanArena did this and it was still great.

Finally, I am really glad that you brought the map to the community, and have taken all of the feedback really well. Not only do you get a better map, but you serve as a model for other mappers, which is very cool.

CC

------------------

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
Hmm, no daytime in your map. That wouldn't fit. You know, daytime maps make me feel like a young little Neo hopping and jumping like a tigger.
And in a destroyed old city I want to move and kill.

Hodag

High on Jimson Weed and Lysol...
Aug 5, 1999
St Paul--MN USA
DM-BalticHell

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Crack, Thud.....................
............Bang

Doze

Nov 11, 1999
Sweden
www.supervisual.com
Ok I should have posted a final version 2 days ago but I just could not release a map this slow (in some areas at least). I have been spending 2 days now just optimizing it. I think I am going to have to ask you to download a new version (it will be the last time, I promise /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) later today.

coffeycan: I agree that some cover on the streets would be nice. I just don't know how I should be able to do that without killing the fps.

A smaller low-poly version would be nice. I'll think about that.

And thanks for the name suggestions.

G

I hear what your'e saying about more cover = slower FPS, its such a a hard balance, especially when trying to stick with realism.

The one thing that comes to mind is maybe adding a doorway where a window is (either leading into a buidling or just an entryway) that way you can zig-zag up the street using the doorways as cover, while not going crazy with the poly's and it generally stick to real life. No more block long runs through enemy fire. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Please do consider that smaller verision of the map, take whatever area you are happiest with and add a buidling, or dead end, it would be great, and I gaurantee more people would play the map as well.
Cant wait to see the optimized beta
CC

------------------

G

I hear what your'e saying about more cover = slower FPS, its such a a hard balance, especially when trying to stick with realism.

The one thing that comes to mind is maybe adding a doorway where a window is (either leading into a buidling or just an entryway) that way you can zig-zag up the street using the doorways as cover, while not going crazy with the poly's and it generally stick to real life. No more block long runs through enemy fire. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Please do consider that smaller verision of the map, take whatever area you are happiest with and add a buidling, or dead end, it would be great, and I gaurantee more people would play the map as well.
Cant wait to see the optimized beta
CC

------------------

Wolfn2it

Feb 3, 2000
users.uswest.net
would it increase FPS is you used a lower poly textures? such as a gray wall thats fallen over and you are using that as cover-just asking never made a map-instead of using a texture that has a lot of colors and requires alot more redrawing? personnaly i rather have higher FPS than more realism when it comes to the choice

------------------
Kill'em all and let God separte 'em!!!