Need beta testers on new INF map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

Wow, the screenshots look amazing for this map. I haven't downloaded it yet but I'm definitely going to, and it will be a part of my server today.

As for the dark areas, I say don't brighten it up too much! I love playing on Observatory][ simply because it's so dark in some areas, which means I finally have a practical use for the flashlight on the Benelli! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Striving for Excellence in Small Arms Data

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

G

Wow, the screenshots look amazing for this map. I haven't downloaded it yet but I'm definitely going to, and it will be a part of my server today.

As for the dark areas, I say don't brighten it up too much! I love playing on Observatory][ simply because it's so dark in some areas, which means I finally have a practical use for the flashlight on the Benelli! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

G

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

Doze

Nov 11, 1999
Sweden
www.supervisual.com
coffeycan:

I have made the indoors a bit brighter now
except in some aras. I have also reduced the amount of barrels and placed candles on some of the walls instead.
I agree there should be more stuff on the streets and placing vehicles on the road was a great idea. I checked out the prefab site but made my own vehicle /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The shield belt will be removed in the final version. The weapon placement in this beta is only temporary.

I'll upload a new beta in a couple of hours and then make a final version soon.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I love the map, but it runs too slow on my computer:
PII 300
64 MG RAM
VOODOO 3 3000

It's not the fastest computer but most maps will run just fine. And with only 5 bots I had major slow down. Just thought you should know.

Kisel /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
Spantobi:
I'm getting all nostalgic. A pre 2.20 mapper working on a Infiltration map. I enjoyed your maps back then. Do you know anything about footstep sounds in UT?

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
Spantobi:
I'm getting all nostalgic. A pre 2.20 mapper working on a Infiltration map. I enjoyed your maps back then. Do you know anything about footstep sounds in UT?

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

Doze

Nov 11, 1999
Sweden
www.supervisual.com
Billdog: Nice to hear that someone actually played my old maps /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You mean changing Footstep sound when you walk on different surfaces? It does not work but the settings are still there in UnrealED texture properties.

INF_Neo: Too late. The map should not represent a modern town.

[This message has been edited by Doze (edited 02-02-2000).]

Hodag

High on Jimson Weed and Lysol...
Aug 5, 1999
St Paul--MN USA
Hey Jack,
Have you ever heard of a Rakoshi?

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

Nope-I think I know where that post came from
Nice catch Hodag(?) I grabbed my nick from the name of a fictional character.
http://www.repairmanjack.com

I would love to see a Semmerling in Infiltration...but that's never going to happen

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--Slaying mythical creatures since 1984--

[This message has been edited by Repairman_Jack (edited 02-02-2000).]

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
Nice map. Runs OK on my PII 400 164 or 128 RAM. Not too many bots and its good. Modern town would be better. DEFINATLY Kosovo mission from Rogue Spear. You can add a wrekeed chopper ontop one of the buildings, and a tank rammed through a wall =)

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
One problem and one problem only on this map, it takes 5 minutes to find a frickin gun.
It needs about twice as many weapon placings as it already has I think, the damn bots kick my ass all the time cause im running around with a pistol.

Wolfn2it

Feb 3, 2000
users.uswest.net
Hey dude I was checking out the map and i ran in to a problem with the 50. caliber rifle-everytime i pickup the ammo (single shell) i lost all my armor, when i picked the rifle up i lost all my other weapons, your map is the only one this happened-cool map though i had fun playing, too many barrels and too dark though in too many areas awesome otherwise

Spawn_W

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
here's a thought.

how about lightswitches? room too dark for ya, turn on the light /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, problem is that someone might just be waiting for you.....