Mystery models (second edition)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Hmm, we've all enjoyed the bp4. Yes, but a while ago a wallpaper was released (think it was be4 the bp4 was released) and on that wallpaper we saw 4 playermodels, two of them were xanmark2 and warboss but the two others, where they ever released? They look very good and it would hurt to have 'em in my UT model collection.

LittleFlower

Jun 14, 2000
NL
www.fce2.de
I think these 4 models were built especially for the PlayStation2 version of UT. After UTforPS2 was released, Epic (or whomever) converted 2 of these 4 models to UTforPC, and released them in BP4.

I don't think Epic has any plans to release the other 2 models for PC as well. After all, those silly PS2 people should have some added value in their PS2 game over the PC version, don't you think ?

And I rather see Epic/Legend/DigitalExtreme put all their effort in U2 and UT2 .....

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
they ARE from the PS2 version, they are bosses, the Skaarj-ish one is called Dominator and the other is called Damian, I knwo cuz my friend has the PS2 version and the bosses have these really REALLY REALLY GAY intros that give UT a bad name (something Infogrames seems to be doing very well)

so there u have it! :)

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by - hound -
Okay thanks, its a shame they were never released to the PC :(

Dominator? Yes, Damien you DONT wanna see, it's ugly, low poly and REALLY GHEY! And in the PS2 version you have to fight all four of them as "bosses" and they all have their own cheesy intro sequences, really sad actually, lol

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Originally posted by ILoveGuns

Dominator? Yes, Damien you DONT wanna see, it's ugly, low poly and REALLY GHEY! And in the PS2 version you have to fight all four of them as "bosses" and they all have their own cheesy intro sequences, really sad actually, lol
Actually your wrong on this. The Damien model is higher polycount than the regular UT models in the game.

As for the skin, yeah it's ugly, but if it was ported to the PC and we got some custom skins for it, it might look a lot better.

ANd Dominator, damn would I love to get that model ported to the PC! IF you've seen the animation for it at www.mrgreen.com (which is being redone so it's offline now :() you'd see this guy is a great looking model and would be an excellent addition to the PC version of UT instead of having him being wasted on a console such as the PS2.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
BTW, I did start a petition on the ina forums for getting the PS2 models ported, it stayed up as the first thread for a month, but then it died out. Apparently, Epic doesn't doesn't look there anymore and regardless of CliffyB saying that he looks at the forum every night there was no official answer to my thread.

:(

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Sure, contact the biz department, because they're the ones who will most likely be in charge of giving the ok for the "exclusive content" fomr the PS2 version.

If you do this, I would back you 100%, because I've tried the indirect way of making a petition on thier forums, but I haven't called them or written them emails directly.

Here's the thread/petition I started a while ago.

http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=159828