my 5 cents

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
yurch said:
Perhaps it is, who cares?
What's the purpose of labelling/defining which country which weapon belongs to... so you can all bitch about what's represented better?
Don't you have better things to do?
yurch please read all the posts. i'm not the one who brought the country first. all i said was that the weapons used in Inf were already from different places all around the world.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
russian weapons are still underincluded alsoi think every gun whcih is the main weapon for one of the largest armys shood be included except when it is useless the problem with inf is it feels too much like an war between european countries or so

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Get rid of the DE, P99, add in an AKM (possibly an AK103 instead, but I don't know how common it is) with GP25 and Kobra sight, SVD (replace the PSG1 with it), FN FAL, a Remington 700 variant and a Grach pistol and I'll be happy ;)

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Well, the only major weapons class Infiltration currently lacks is full-size battle rifle. Weapons that would fill out this niche include:

- Heckler & Koch G3A3
- M-14E2
- FN FAL
- CETME
- AR-18

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
i i suggest the g3a3 cause the turkish army uses it and it is one of the biggest armys around it is at the 7 place or so or even higher

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Suggestions for INF should be ignored until soon becomes now and people finally get to see what really is missing in game.

Also, tomcat you should add some more reasons why. Specificly gameplay reasons.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
MSG-90 yeah that...

If the PSG-1 gotta be changed it should be replaced by the MSG-90, this sniper rifle is directely derived from the PSG-1, it weight less, and have a zoomable X10 scope for ranges varying from 100 to 1200 meters, it also cost 4000$ less... As infiltration is a military mod, then there's no better sniper rifle made for military by H&K than the MSG-90...

Please refer to these pages :
PSG-1
H&K MSG-90

Good coments on the MSG-90 on HKPRO site :
HKPRO: The MSG90

Last edited:

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
I agree when you say that US weapons are over used in INF, but I personaly don't give a damn as long as the game runs good and stay prety balanced.

But if I was asked for a the weaponry I'd like to see in a military realistic game... I'd simply suggest the actual most used military weapons around the world:

Pistols :
1- Beretta 92F
2- Glock 18 "select fire"
3- HK Mark 23 SOCOM

SMG :
1- MP5A5 - 9mm

Shotguns :
1- Benelli M3S90
2- Saiga 12k
3- Mossberg 590
4- Remington 870
5- Winchester 1200

Assault rifles - Carabines :
1- M16A2
2- M4A1
3- Kalashnikov AK74
4- Kalashnikov AK47 (AKM)
5- Simonov SKS carabine
6- H&K G3
7- HK33
8- Famas

Sniper Rifles :
1- H&K MSG-90
2- AI L96 (british)
3- Barrett M98
4- SVD Dragunov

Machineguns :
1- FN Minimi - M249 SAW
2- Colt M60
3- Kalashnikov PKMS (heavy)

Bipods and Tripods (for sniper rifles and machineguns), extra barrels (for machineguns) should be added as accessories.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
No but most people refer to the AKM as the ak47 which is why I think he listed it that way, most people don't realize it but all those guns flaoting around the third world are AKMs not AK47s.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
i thought that the g3 was an battle rifle anyways i think the g3 shood be included cause it has a better one shot kill capacity

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
M60 most used? Try the Mg3 for starters.

Both the G3a3 and the FN FAL apparently still see some use.

HK33? Except for Navy seals during Vietnam and possibly SWAT teams I don't think it qualifies as a weapon that sees major usage.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
OICW said:
Oh, and the AK47 is not the AKM...AKM has a stamped reciever, threaded barrel, slightly improved sights and some other changes.

You're writing like an expert speaking to a kid willing to try himself at gun debate but lacking of concrete informations about the subject he engaged... Well, have you ever shot an AK-47 or AKM or whatever you/they call it? I Just want you know that I've spent almost 2 years with these weapons (AKM and AKMS) hanging to my shoulder... At that time I was able to assemble - disassemble it my eyes closed... At least, I think that the "Klash" as we call it here, has no more secrets for me... And if I want to deepen my knowledge, I can always visit http://world.guns.ru , that guy maintain a good firearms database plenty of pics, specs and tales.
Don't take it bad... reading your post have just make me feel sad and a bit revolted, neither against you nor against what you write. There's some other things I can't put in expression...

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
/me wonders what books Conglomera got his info from.

Pistol's, where is the Browning HP?

SMG's I'd expect to see AKR type weapons, Sterling SMG, Uzi, M3 Grease Gun (very popular in its time and still found in the 3rd world).

Rifles's let try FN FAL (probably the most popular battle rifle ever), L85 (ok I'm biased), M14.

MGs I'd expect to see the RPK and FN MAG in this list at the very least.

But as always weapon suggestions are generally ignored. Now if you want to model them and approach the team to see if your model is of a high enough standard to be included.....then suggest away ;)

Last edited:

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
You're writing like an expert speaking to a kid willing to try himself at gun debate but lacking of concrete informations about the subject he engaged... Well, have you ever shot an AK-47 or AKM or whatever you/they call it

:con:

What the hell does that have to do with what the AKM is? If I outlined the difference in horsepower between say a MX5 and RX7 according to their official specs from the manufacturer, would you dismiss that just because I didn't own both of them?

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
Well, the list I posted there is not an exhaustive one... and sure, it's far to be complete or 100% trustful but you can read right before it :
But if I was asked for a the weaponry I'd like to see in a military realistic game...
Thus it's not necessarly Infiltration...

SMGs... I personaly think that except the MP5 most of them don't lend themselves to the modern military environement.

Rifles : I was tempted to include the FN Fal and M14 in the list, but thought they have been defenitively replaced in countries that were using them. :confused: