my 5 cents

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
G3 is a must i believe it is the main guin of the turikish army (i know i have said it before) and the army is big like 600000 its like the fifth largest army of the world

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Tomcat, please stop now. You haven't been an ass so far so please don't make me make you cry.

Give some good arguments, espescially realism and gameplay ones or safe everybody's time reading your useless posts.
You have repeated the same lame arguments 7 time already, seriously you should have made one good post.

Don't mean to be too rude or anything, but if you are going to suggest something atleast bother giving some good arguments.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Conglomera said:
I agree when you say that US weapons are over used in INF, but I personaly don't give a damn as long as the game runs good and stay prety balanced.

But if I was asked for a the weaponry I'd like to see in a military realistic game... I'd simply suggest the actual most used military weapons around the world:

2- Glock 18 "select fire"

No-one uses the Glock 18.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
kungpaosamuraiii said:
I thought that AK47 has become generic for AK type weapons?

Yeah but only for 7.62mm M43 variants... That's actualy what they teached us in instruction when I was in military dutty, it was something like : "...this is the modernized version of the AK47 called AKM, M stands for Modernized in english, the one you'll be using is manufactured in Khenchla (Algeria) and is a perfect clone of the russian AKM"
"... AKMS is the folding version of the AKM, S stands for short in english, it's a bit heavier than the integral one but it's more concealable" this sort of AK is equiping algerian paratroopers units since the 70s. We usualy call the AKMS "Klash pliant"... pliant means folding in french.
It was told to us too that russians designated their AK47 and derivative as submachine guns (PM : Pistolet Mitrailleur) in french, but the ammo they use and their effective range better place them in the assault rifles category. In the 90s, algerian police saw most of its AK rifles replaced by Beretta M12s... Some other urban counter-terror units were equiped with H&K MP5s.
Despite its old style, the AK is still the most spread and used weapon in Algeria, SKS carabines as we call it here "Seminov" for Semi-Automatic Simonov are also concidered as standard issue weapons and are still in stock.
To conclude : the 7.62mm M43 caliber with the 9mm Para and 9mm Makarov are the only calibers that are truely used by light infantry and personal units in Algeria... Aparently, AK weapons are and will still be used in Algeria, as they showed terrain and cost effectiveness... For two years, my Klash never failed to serve me properly, it's realy a perfect weapon for top north african geography which is mostly constitued of mediteranean forests... This weapon is very reliable and only require minimal maintenance, it's crude and efficient.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Conglomera we don't need all that weapons. there is not need for 2 or more similar weapons :)
just look at operation flashpoint. the original game has less weapons than Inf