UT2kX [Mutator] Multi Dodging

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
This is an old mutator of mine, that goes back to UT2003 times. After about 7.5 years I decided to release an update with two minor improvements: Jump stats gathering sort-of works for vehicles, and there's finally a way to activate Multi Dodging without using the mutator. (In other words, you can add the crazy movement action to a server without being taken from the standard servers list.)

But since it's really that old, here's a run-down of what Multi Dodging can do for you:
  • More than one dodge per jumping move. By default UT2004 only allows you to either start the move with a dodge or perform a single wall-dodge, but not both. Depending on the configuration, you can perform as many wall-dodges as you want (or are able to do). Configuration can limit the maximum number of wall-dodges.
  • Allow a mid-air jump after every dodge. By default UT2004 only allows a single mid-air jump during the entire move, the Quad Jump mutator allows up to 4. With Multi Dodging you are allowed an additional mid-air jump after every dodge or wall-dodge if you used up your mid-air jumps before.
  • Fast dodging. Normally when you land, your dodging input is completely reset and blocked for a short time span, allowing you to only start the input for the next dodging move some time after you have touched ground. With Multi Dodging's Fast dodging feature you can start your dodging input even before you make ground contact, as long as the final key press happens after landing. (I cannot be held responsible if you break your fingers while trying to use that feature for extended periods of time. :smartass: )
  • Boost dodging. Back in UT2003, a "boost dodge" was a combined jump and dodge movement that was achieved by interleaving the dodge input with a jump. If you get the timing right, the upward movements are added and the result is a much higher and longer flight than a dodge-jump or jump and later wall-dodge. UT2004 crippled that "exploit", but left in the option to reenable it, which Multi Dodging can do. This feature is disabled by default because it also applies when falling, which reduces the effectiveness of repeated wall-dodges.
  • Movement stats output. This is intended for offline use and tracks your speed, jump distance and air time. If you install Multi Dodging locally, you can find new keybinds on the input configuration page for controlling the jump stats display.

Download Link

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Hi Wormbo, Does this replace the standard xPawn class? (I would assume so, but I suppose other code workarounds might be able to achieve similar features...)

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Actually it doesn't. It's compatible with all game modes and mutators that use xPawn-based Pawn classes. In other words, feel free to use it along with UTComp or TAM/Freon. In fact, I think earlier versions were commonly used on various trial maps.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Very nice.

I remember a mutator I found and subsequently rereleased in my community content thread for UT2004 that would allow you to jump and dodge however many times you want. You could even freeze yourself in midair at any time by pressing the crouch key. As you can imagine though, battles with it got... a little insane. But a good kind of insane. I have a demo file of this craziness.

Last edited:

rdy2bz

May 10, 2009
Nice! That's probably the only mutator that has been included in all of my servers from the very beginning. :)