Mutator: Loadout Manager

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Can you post your Loadoutmanager.ini, the exact commands you used and the order you used them please?
On the meantime I'm adding my ini (you have to remove the ".txt") so that you can test, if it works then.
Just activate the mutator and then type "loadout load 1" and latter 2 ... while you are running a map.

Attachments

• LoadoutManager.ini.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Yeah it should work if you just paste your loadouts from INF_Loadouts.ini, don't forget to put your quick action selections in as well. As for the bug, well, I've not been able to reproduce it yet. Is there anything suspicious in your Infiltration.log, any 'Accessed Nones' or such?

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Hmm, I think I'm dumb. How to activate the log for Inf in General?
I think it's not activated here, that's the reason I don't get any usefull information of the log about Speechpad I guess. :D
So you did try my ini?

~viper~

lo
Jun 15, 2004
MA
lol I agree w/ derelan...how long could it possibly take? If you pick a round in which you happen to die early to change your loadout, you would have plenty of time to make the switch....or even do it right after spawn...

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I've gotten to the point that, including the new weapon mod pack, I have actually filled up all the slots with loadouts that I use. Not loadouts that I may want to use, but I really dont see why (Sniper_SIG, and Sniper_SIG_Laser) I should use them.
Excluding the six loadouts for each individual pistol for fun offline botmatches, I feel I need more room.

Allthough it may be a bit stupid for someone with no UT coding experience to say this, I have a much better idea for a loadout manager. Instead of having to type in console code, INF has a quickmenu coding feature, so we should be able to extend the quick menu, or if not, add a seperate one:

QA Menu > Loadout > Attack > [list of loadouts of this category]
> Defend > [list of loadouts of this category]
> Snipe > [list of loadouts of this category]
> Specops > [list of loadouts of this category]

Or, if the current loadout menu can't be changed, I'm pretty sure we can add a completely new menu at the bottom:

QA Menu > LoadoutManager > [list of different loadout 'groups' named '1-10'.]

Thus, when clicking a loadout from 1-10, the loadout menu changes accordingly. Basically putting the console code in GUI format. Maybe the user would have to manually type in console code for renaming, who knows.

And if that is a too 'newbie unfriendly' method, why can't we just extend the maximum loadout limit?

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Dirtfinger, a platoonmate, reported some issues, he calls it "bugs" with LM, so that he won't put it up on FOOL. :(

1. If you have loadouts with a different ammount of weapons there is a problem e.g. LoadoutSetX (activated) has 7 weapons, LoadoutSetY 21. If you activate now LoadoutSetY the last 14 (21-7) weapons aren't shown in the Loadout Menu. I solved this "problem" through entering the Loadout Menu over the Menu The Team/LoadoutManager again.
Is it possible that after you load a new Loadout the INF_Loadout.ini gets updated automatically as well, maybe you should add this as ini-setting?

2. The QuickAction. LM doesn't remember your QA settings as normal INF_Loadouts.ini does (really? Can't remember it, maybe I'm using LM too long. :D ). Can you please add this feature as well.

Personally I think it would increase loading times of you'd implement both features, so ini-settings to activate them would be great.
And now I hope that you are willing to still work on LM, please, please, please.
Btw. I know that you have LoadoutSetCurrent[X] and QAKeySetX[X] but they don't work correctly as it seems, as LoadoutSetCurrent[X].

I hope you read it.
att.gif

LGM used this smile, I just had to use it as well, it is just hilarious. :D

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
{GD}Odie3 said:
Gee, I did not think anyone used this mutator. I was thinking of droping it off GD.

I'm just getting started to use it. Before the release of the Bonus pack I still could live without but its getting harder each time we get more weapons. ;)

I guess by the time the 2nd Mod-team weaponpack is out most players will use it.