Mutator: Inf Weapon Enhancement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
This mutator is a collection of small tweaks to Infiltration's weapons, both base and bonus, to make them handle more realistically. It also has a 'RealTargets' mode which currently makes the shotguns more effective, to compensate for the smaller hitbox. A full list of changes is both in the readme and right after the links:
Webpage / Download

Before you complain about the weapon priorities, please read the readme.

Changelist
==========
Minimi - Reduced 'cooling-off' time between bursts, faster reload, lower recoil
1911 - New firing sound
MP5/40 - Lower recoil
G3A3 - Increased recoil, lower magazine bulk
PSG1 - Lower magazine bulk
FAMAS - Increased distance from first person view
M1S90 - Lower spread, shorter weapon collision (RT mode has lower spread and modified damage)
MAG-7 - RT mode has lower spread and modified damage

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I am getting an error on my my servers:

Failed import: SkeletalMesh SkeletalMesh INFM16A4.chM16A4sup_pickup (file ../System/INFM16A4.u)
Failed to load 'InfWeaponEnhancement': Can't find SkeletalMesh in file 'SkeletalMesh INFM16A4.chM16A4sup_pickup'
appError called:
Failed to load 'InfWeaponEnhancement': Can't find SkeletalMesh in file 'SkeletalMesh INFM16A4.chM16A4sup_pickup'

I have made sure that I have loaded it before Yurch's Nades.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
The M4A1 tweaks didn´t made on this WI released due to that major bug, or it´s gonna be just these tweaks? I wonder if the same treatment given to FAMAS would better the G36 red dot sight...
And then... what about the new InfModTeam guns (AKMS, Mp5A2, Sako...)? Is their release getting nearer (or TODAY IS THE GREAT DAY {8D ) ???
{=)P

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
OK, it doesn't work. We'd planned to release it alongside the Weapon Pack 1 patch, so we tested it as such. But that didn't happen, and for some reason it's looking for some new classes. Fixed version now available to download.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
trying it very soon (tm)

a question before, what means this? My obtuse english knowledge gives me some problems..
"FAMAS - Increased distance from first person view"

are you referring about the distance from the viewpoint to the weapon?

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
the famas is more like in 2.86, further than in 2.9 (for aimed view only)

it makes cqb easier and long range a little bit harder. it is not realy good for aestethics and realism but it its better for gameplay so big props!
the minimi, i tested it , but i was having 240+ ping so i couldnt really test. the recoil seems now controllable up to 50meters when stand up. i could shoot 10 bullets bursts in a target that was the size of a soldier.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
tried a bit offline in the range trainings.

Yep, you can feel all the changes. The minimi now is true machinegun, with lots of power. And i could write my name in a wall easily. XD But still isn't a uberweapon, it's simply an overkill weapon, it has more power than you need to kill a soldier.

I made an screenshot with the famas before and after the mutator, and the difference is clear. The mp5 is smooth, with a controllable recoil.
I still like the g3, the recoil is a bit more wild, but still is a good weapon, it's not nerfed.

Overall, a good mutator. Still it's very soon to say, but it could be a future 'canon' mutator, for use in every server.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay found an additional issue. It seems that IWE does not pass down mutate information for the other mutators that are loaded after IWE.

Till it is fixed I have dropped it from the servers that I run.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
{GD}Odie3 said:
Okay found an additional issue. It seems that IWE does not pass down mutate information for the other mutators that are loaded after IWE.

Till it is fixed I have dropped it from the servers that I run.
Yep, I'm officially an idiot (as if you needed confirmation... ;)). I'll throw out a new version, maybe with a couple of experimental (and server-admin-configurable) features, this weekend. For now, you can put it right at the end of the mutator list (don't worry about what the readme says for new40mm, it's one of those aforementioned experimental features and doesn't matter at the moment).

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
Crowze said:
FAMAS - Increased distance from first person view

I have not tried the mutator, so I will not comment. The changes presented seem sensible enough though.

Is there any chance of the G36k recieving the same treatment as the FAMAS? Or atleast any treatment to improve its usefulness in CQB situations.

Its manegeable right now, but rather annoying to use it at closer ranges.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
The shotgun has 'lower spread'? As in, it's tighter? Isn't that bad? I thought that was the problem with RT to begin with? Or it has 'lower spread' as in, 'less pellets'. Which is also bad.

So which bad is it then?

Also, the FAMAS was fine. What's wrong in INF, is that none of the guns, aside from the G36k, are actually close to your eye - which is stupid.

Somebody should make a mutator like Toad's AimView that is on all the time (or at least when the weapon is aimed).

Ah, what a good mutator that was... :(

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
N;kEnNy: Easily.

cracwhore: Yes. Yes. No. Sort of. No. No.
The shotgun in fact has tighter spread, more pellets and less damage per pellet when in RT mode. RT with it's smaller hitbox meant that hardly any pellets used to hit, making the shotguns extremely ineffective.

It may be stupid, but nothing can be done about that due to engine limitations. I know a couple of other FAMAS users who perfer it the 2.86 way, but I'm looking into making it player-configurable.