Mormons are Retarded

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
True Kantham, but the way he projected his douchness was in that way of how someone 12 year old may very well have done it. Point is the guy said he did it for "entertainment" purposes. Did you find it entertaining? DID *anyone* find it entertaining, lol-o-botic, lolcopter, rolf-omatic as well? *Listening......* No? Didn't think so.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
If his life were based on the assumption that Santa Claus returned to the Americas in the 1990s and restored the truth about Christmas, or that the Sun revolved around the Earth, your tune would be different. But somehow because he slaps the title Religion on it I shouldn't have said anything and I'm a big meany-face.

Millions of people ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS STUFF. Do you not comprehend the weight of that? Millions of people believe that a suspension of rational thought is the way to enlightenment, even when the result is demonstrably false. These people affect the world we live in. That's scary.

I wish more people would challenge bad ideas.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Curse you all. I wanted to be the one to mock and question why he would post such a thing on a random internet forum :( It seems more like bait to me, but you know what I always say: "don't feed the trolls, feed the dragon instead".

Realize that the missionaries you are talking to here are at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. Less than two weeks ago this kid just said goodbye to his family for 2 years to go out and serve the lord. He doesn't have the first clue what he's doing yet. He understands a few scriptures, but only because he was taught them by someone else. He has fully discovered them for himself, and therefore doesn't entirely understand them. I would hope that the next thing he does is go back to his room to study so that he knows the scripture well enough to effectively explain his interpretation to others.

A more experienced missionary would hopefully realize that such a line of conversation is ultimately useless. Our position is simple. If you ask god with a sincere heart, with real intent, and having faith in Christ he will manifest the truth of it to you by the power of holy ghost. Until that happens you will never know, and we don't have anything to talk about. If I were you I would start with the sincere heart bit.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Oh ffs !

Those people's ancestors lived in poverty and isolation. Somehow they pulled it off and keep being kind and generous. Who cares in what they believe in?

Last edited:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
You know this has actualy been useful.

I've long spespected the talk to a missionaery thing to actualy be a bot but it seems it isnt.

Although I do beleve everyone should have the right to beleve what they like and show it in any way they like I do think there should be an exeption and thats if it intafears with how others who arnt a part of that relegion wish to spend thair time and lives.

The mormons demonstraited with prop 8 that they are willing to dictate how others wish to spend thair lives. In my opionion people have every right to question thair way of thinking.

I'm not intirely shure I agree with someone messing with a poor missionary espeshaly as I know how much they have to live on for a month and the other problems they put up with. If its a bot though no holds barred on messing with a chatbot.

And to TWD well you lern something new every day. I have to say that if what you are saying is true and this poor kid is being effectively thrown into this situation unprepared isnt that slightly unfair on the poor kid? I'm hopeing it's a chatbot now for the poor training missies sake. And there was no way the OP knew this was just a kid. I think he actualy thought it was an experianced person as he thought someone who would know thair stuff and know it well would be dealing with the genral public.

I dont condone messing with a person but I think the OP thought it would atleast be someone who could take it.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Those people's ancestors lived in poverty and isolation. Somehow they pulled it off with their faith, who cares in what they believe in? Don't all religions believe in wierd **** here and there?
hey, if your "reality" isn't my "reality" then you deserve to be ridiculed!

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
TWD, I have nothing against you. I have a problem with some ideas. Please try to differentiate the two.

If you ask god with a sincere heart, with real intent, and having faith in Christ he will manifest the truth of it to you by the power of holy ghost.

This is my point! Millions of people are building their entire concept of the universe based on a warm feeling inside. You're really okay with this?

[Edit] My point is, partially, that I actually like people, including the missionary I talked to. In spite of appearances. What I don't like is what they're doing to themselves. It makes me angry because they may be wasting their entire lives on a bad bedtime story, and encouraging others to do the same. Doesn't that bother you?

Last edited:

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Mormonism might need challenging, but your form of challenge to me amounts to nothing... why are you choosing this forum and format to do it? If you wish to debunk, start some anti-Mormon website... or better yet, if you know what is true yourself, then simply make people see what is true in your eyes, by doing something constructive, rather than by tearing down other beliefs. Because honestly, nobody is going to care and it's not going to make a difference. Do positive stuff though and people will notice. I guarantee it.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
kiff said:
hey, if your "reality" isn't my "reality" then you deserve to be ridiculed!
Are they any different from others? Don't all religions have their particular kind of stupid crap? Didn't they live in isolation, weren't they poor?

Sure, I may be talking about the wrong people and then yeah, go ahead. Otherwise if I'm getting it right, mormon missionaries were young guys that presented themselves always dressed with a white shirt and a tie. They always went in pairs, even to the toughest neighbourhoods. They were wierd alright, people would make fun of them, but they also did communitary work here when other new religions didn't bother.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Wait, let me have a go at this.. Hmm..

Every Taoist I've ever spoken to has been borderline retarded. Hmm, too obscure.

Every Atheist I've ever spoken to has been borderline retarded. Ouch, just zinged myself.

Every Christian I've ever spoken to has been borderline retarded. Ohh this one is gonna hurt some egoes.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
This is my point! Millions of people are building their entire concept of the universe based on a warm feeling inside. You're really okay with this?

Well of course I think it's quite a bit more than just a warm feeling inside. I think that if there's a god out there that loves you, then he wouldn't just leave you high and dry. If you want to know the truth he's going to tell you. Perhaps he does so in a subtle way, but he will ensure that it's a way that you will understand. If you have all of the things I talked about earlier he's just not going to let you get it wrong.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
My point is, partially, that I actually like people, including the missionary I talked to. In spite of appearances. What I don't like is what they're doing to themselves. It makes me angry because they may be wasting their entire lives on a bad bedtime story, and encouraging others to do the same. Doesn't that bother you?
I don't know why this bothers you. Even if Mormonism is wrong, what difference does it make? If people believe in something that makes them better people and actively try to improve the lives of others around them, who cares what that thing actually is?

On top of that, lots of people believe things that are crazy and wrong, even people that don't belong to any religion or believe in God. Are you going to make it your personal crusade to stop billions of people from doing or thinking things you don't do or think?

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Billions, actually. There are other religions in the world, too. Many of which are just about as weird as mormonism.
What exactly makes the mormons worse in your opinion?

My point is, partially, that I actually like people, including the missionary I talked to. In spite of appearances. What I don't like is what they're doing to themselves. It makes me angry because they may be wasting their entire lives on a bad bedtime story, and encouraging others to do the same. Doesn't that bother you?

We got the point. You think their religion is silly.
What I think is silly, is that you're not bashing one of the three larger abrahamic religions while you're at it.

Because, you know, They're the biggest causes of the most grotesque bloodsheds and idiotic feuds ever to take place in human history. NOT Mormonism.

Last edited: