1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mormons are Retarded

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GRAF1K, Sep 29, 2009.

1. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

Every Mormon I've ever spoken to has been borderline retarded. At first I assumed this was bad luck, but eventually I began to suspect that stupid is just how they come.

On mormon.org you can chat with missionaries. For your entertainment, I've posted a transcript of my chat with one, where I go under the psudonym 'David.'

Mormon friends on BuF, try not to be offended. I'm not sure if TWD is still doing the Mormon thing. It appears tool has simply dropped the second M.

Note how I've just shown his primary argument to be fallacious, practically spoon-fed him a better one, and he's glad he could help.

In case you're skimming, the rest is just me trying to beat this simple idea into his brain.

And he straight-up ends the chat session.

2. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Why were you talking to mormons in the first place?

BTW if you mentioned it my fault because I just skimmed through it.

3. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Seems more like you're a douche bag than anything. You have a conversation with someone under false pretenses (basically with the intent to make fun of them under the guise of curiosity. And whatever thoughts anyone has about this guy's faith aside, he does appear to be very open with you and happy to answer your tough questions...even when it's obvious that he can't). And then you went ahead and made a thread on the internets where you posted a private conversation. Granted, I've had my fair share of one-way conversations with the faith faring, but that doesn't change the douchery here.

Common decency. Get it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

5. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

This is a missionary who opened his faith to inquiry on the internet. He asked for it.

You got me, I was mean on the internet.

[Edit] I consider debunking Santa Claus a public service.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. Godfrey.Payans

Godfrey.Payans Member

Cognitive dissonance. The story of the mormon church is so recent that adherents must depend much more on faith than on logic. That's just how people are.

7. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Have you considered what it might be like to be on the receiving end? I mean, to have someone challenge one of your beliefs and to endure any form of criticism?

8. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

That's just a fact of life, people will ask you to defend anything you trust, belive in or hold true, be it your political leaning, your views on abortion, your beliefs or even if you like UT3 or not, you name it and someone out there is going to disagree with you, and you have the basis for a good argument.

Everyone is on the receiving end every now and again, nothing new, pass on through nothing to see here.

9. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Quoted for saying it better than I would.

10. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Cutting and pasting conversations from Mirc chat channels is a really nasty habit and people who insist on doing this are malicious basterds.
    I've seen it a few times here on these forums so let's not pretend it's the first time it's ever happened.
    Just don't do it.

11. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

I disagree. Some people tend to be more on the receiving end than others and are still expected to show an example. In other words, they can asked to put up with far more crap than whoever is putting pressure on them. This is one such example.

Sorry but GRAF1K here has yet to prove that he could put up with antagonism of this sort before he can even begin to critisize another party. If I were an asshole, I'd ask him why he feels the need to waste time trying to find a fault in someone else's way of seeing things if he already knows that he disproves of it and can very well live without going to such lengths to define his position. I mean, it's not the sort of thing that stops one breathing or eating and co-existing with people that have conflicting views isn't usually a problem unless it threatens one's way of life. To be honest, it comes accross as nothing more than a way to distract oneself at someone else's expense.

P.S: And making generalizations when talking about people is definitely something to avoid.

12. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I agree to some point.

13. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

I say we string them up! Who is with me?

*Tomorrow is bash Jew day.

14. Forgetful

Forgetful Here is party?

Why stop at Mormons? Why not just claim all religions that point towards a god to be BS. I mean really they are so lets just put that out there OK?

Basing something on the Bible doesn't make it true. That's like basing a fact on a rumor.

15. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Good point.
    People discuss religion like they know what they're talking about.
    You would not believe how many individuals are an authority on the subject second only to god himself.
    Check some of the religion threads for some loltastic statements made.

16. kiff

kiff That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash

hmmm, how can I waste more time (than usual) today? ...

17. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

How long before Brizz and TWD come in all rage machine?

18. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Yes, you are how old you 12? You just showed the entire community what type of messed up pre-teen you are and maybe what type of asshole you'll become by the time you do grow up if thats possible (Mental state wise) . IMO you should gtfo and not bother coming back. Making fun of religion -=not=- funny. Oh and maybe the joke will be on you when you're dead and you find out "Oh ****, they were there is some type of supreme power." and that you pissed on their shoes. Good work guy Good work.....

No need Capt. I'm sure they're forgiving of others trashing on their religious beliefs. However, I'm not and I am not Mormon, but my wife was born into the Mormon faith and although she may not be an active member of the church? I think -every person- should be allowed to believe what they want in regards to a higher plane/state/being, and someone to coming on and trash on it and piss on someone's boots because of their beliefs, that's wrong and someone is just sick in the head.

19. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

20. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Just because you meet someone you don't like on the internet mean he's 12 years old.