1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Monday Night Combat Launches

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jan 24, 2011.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The PC version of Monday Night Combat is now available for purchase. Having played a bit of the beta, I can say that it's definitely an interesting little shooter with a bit of strategy to boot. In the move from Xbox 360 to PC, the guys at Uber Entertainment have done a fair bit of tweaking and improving on their product during the beta as evidenced by this developer blog at Penny Arcade (thanks, MaestroMaus)

2. undyinglight

undyinglight New Member

My biggest beef with playing shooters on a console is time it takes to look around, that is why we don't see stuff like competitive Quake Live on consoles. Mouse FTW!!!

3. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Quake Arcade is already on consoles and would be played competitively if they hadn't royally ****ed the networking code.

People play FPSs competitively on consoles.

4. MaestroMaus

MaestroMaus New Member

Aw yeah, this is definitely one PC port that is not botched!

I have been in beta since day one and the game play-changes have been massive. The game has improved a lot during beta. I do think they will keep tuning it though. As they have a great track record with this game.

Also, I love how these guys seem to do everything right:
    - First DLC for free (it's already in for PC, but the 360 guys got it for free after launch)
    - Fair priced
    - Ported with care to the pc
    - Great trailers(Ammo Mule for example)
    - And of course: Steam integration + UE3 :)

Really I can't think of anything bad about these guys or their game. They really deserve all of the kudo's & love they can get.

EDIT:
    You might want to have this one up with the newspost.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  5. [GU]elmur_fud

[GU]elmur_fud I have balls of Depleted Uranium

No physical retail :tdown: ... Otherwise pretty darn cool.

6. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

It's a self-published downloadable title originally on XBLA. Not every small game makes it to B&M retail, you know.

7. [GU]elmur_fud

[GU]elmur_fud I have balls of Depleted Uranium

Yes but there are so many much worse ones that do.

8. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade RuneStorm developer

There are wealthy publishers that can afford to flood the marketplace with garbage. If DD is the only route they can take, that's cool. It's worth supporting them now, so that maybe they can afford it later.

9. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Editor support coming :)

10. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

This has been pinging my radar for a while but now they've got some TF2 cross-promotion (and after reading the Penny Arcade post yesterday) I think I'm going to take the bait. Looks fun and it's gotten some really good word of mouth promotion going on.

Hopefully if it sells well on Steam it'll see a B&M release. Look at games like Torchlight and Super Meat Boy for examples of games that launch on digital services and later see a boxed edition.

11. cosmix

cosmix XoXo

MNC is the arena shooter a lot of us were waiting for.

12. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Crossfire mode = shoot-em-up DOTA. (aka League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth)

Blitz mode = Tower Defense.

Take those, and then throw in a SMASH TV vibe, and you've got an interesting package.

The game is honestly a steal at $15.

What is this DLC? Steam says there is no DLC available, and i've gotten errors on some servers saying the server has DLC that I don't.

To me, no B&M is not a downside. I could really not care less the method of delivery.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  13. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

It was a DLC on the console, but it was integrated from the start on PC - so it's technically not DLC there in the first place.

14. {Ogre}Spin

{Ogre}Spin New Member

A game that I had been vaguely interested in due to the cool styling and TF like gameplay that looked to exist, heading off to steam to make a purchase, mind made up :)

15. cosmix

cosmix XoXo

Same to me.

16. MaestroMaus

MaestroMaus New Member

The game has received a patch. I don't have any issues anymore. Hope it works out for you guys.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  17. cosmix

cosmix XoXo

Ya! I played the whole day (really :lol:) and have no issues anymore. So much fun to play MNC. No lags, smooth gameplay and well balanced.

18. {Ogre}Spin

{Ogre}Spin New Member

Indeed, a lovely example of a smooth online experience for me, great example of unreal engine multiplayer. A really great value purchase at £9.99 ukp, already clocked up a fair few hours of playtime and will likely get a few dozen more in weeks to come :)

19. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

I'm about 90% agreed with this
    Server browser annoys me. Does not sort by ping by default nor does it remember that I untick Show Full/Empty

There's also one group of servers that I avoid like the plague.
    The "Commonwealth" servers always ping low(like 30 or less) but as soon as I get in, laggy as hell