Mmmm. Tasty Placentas!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Cap'n Beeb said:
Except... you know, Top Gun was utter crap. The only good role Cruise has ever done was Vincent in Collateral.

I consider his role in Mission Impossible 1 to be decent.

That is, before hollywood ruined it and made Mission Impossible synonimous with James Bond as well as all those other 'blow em up' action movies.

MI2 sucked, and it looks like MI3 is on the same path.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
No no no, I agree with Beeb here. 'Top Gun' was not a good movie, and it spawned a crappy song that refuses to die. As for 'Collateral', I'd heard it was a bad movie, but actually ended up liking it.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
The_Head said:
Which particular song you referring to?
theres loas of great music in it :)
I think he's referring to that song by Berlin ("Take my breath away" ... )

Damn you for making me remember it again.

As for the movie ... *eek* ... that Hollywood-nonsense about dogfights ought to be thrown into the abyss. That 'pretend' dogfight scene (Tommy in his Tomcat vs that 'Russian Mig') in the beginning is reason enough for it to rot in hell. Never mind the story or Cruise's "acting".

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Oh, the double-irony.

Sir, I'll have you know that Top Gun is permanently installed as one of the first Greats in homosexual cinema history. Its lushish focus on the male figure and camaraderie amongst a male-oriented environment (plus a love non-interest named Charlie) has paved the way for today's America.

An attack on Top Gun is an attack on all of homosexuality. You don't hate gay people, do you?

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Mancow is saying the real reason they named the baby Suri is because when you say it real fast followed by the last name Cruise, it sounds like Tom's hometown.

Syracuse