Michael Bay sets his eye on to ruin TMNT with his version of a series reboot

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Am I the only person here who remembers the original three TMNT movies that came out in the early 90's? I'll give you some hints.

220px-TMNTMoviePoster.jpg
220px-TMNT_2.jpg
tmnt3.jpg

Those kicked ass.

SUPER SHREDDER!!!!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
He is working with the TMNT creator so I'd say it has about a 50/50 chance of not being crap.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
No comment other than I will have to wait and see the movie with my kids. I just hope they like it since the original TMNT material doesn't matter to them at all.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Am I the only person here who remembers the original three TMNT movies that came out in the early 90's? I'll give you some hints.

220px-TMNT_2.jpg
tmnt3.jpg

Those kicked ass.

1st movie is awesome. I still have the poster somewhere in storage.
2nd movie is ok if you get around it being a tad bit kid friendly
3rd. Why the fuck do you like the 3rd movie?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
They are fucking humanoid turtles... that are ninjas... Does it really effing matter? All that matters is it being entertaining, probably mainly to children.

It's like when people say Transformers movies ruin their childhood memories or ruin the original interpretation, implying that the original was not already just some crappy ass children's cartoon anyways. :lol:

What's the problem? :p

^some of us actually read the comic book which has hardly anything to do with the crap ass cartoon. So you ask what's the problem and I'd reply 'everything'.

also you have to be an idiot to think aliens one up mutants.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I didn't even know there was a third turtle movie.

Oh well, michael bay... maybe the movie will end with the turtles exploding out of their shell, launched at a gazillion miles per hour towards an asteroid nearing the point of no return while a muppet with a very large beak sings about missing people.

And lots of EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM[/m]

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Go Ninja! Go ninja! Go! Bitch!
Easy - the amount of money involved in movies these days. Take an existing franchise or at least a proven concept, through lots of money, contemporary music and actors at it and you already break even (in most cases, anyway).

Make something new on the other hand - struggle to get funding and people's interest, lots of risks to run the whole thing aground right from the start...
Sorry, i shouldn't have left a question mark on there, it was rhetorical question.
Whaaaa, it won't be the same as the shitty cartoons from my youth.
... So in the absence of an opinion you criticise those that do. Nice one!
It doesn't matter if it's a cartoon or a novel or scribbling on a piece of paper, if they're going to reconstruct it into something it never was... fucking make something new!

If you need to change it to make it worth doing, it's not worth doing, do something else imo!

220px-TMNT_2.jpg
tmnt3.jpg

Those kicked ass.

I had no idea there was a third movie, I enjoyed the first two though.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
if they're going to reconstruct it into something it never was... fucking make something new!

If you need to change it to make it worth doing, it's not worth doing, do something else imo!
you know what?
I agree.

generally speaking.
in this case I don't have some deep connection to the original TMNT lore so I don't technically care. but in principle you make a great point which illustrates pretty accurately the reason so many people are frustrated with Hollywood lately.

I should add; there's something to be said for recreating classics with modern themes (like Shakespeare plays or something), that's pretty common and accepted (you could argue that is how art evolves). but when Hollywood is already trying to recreate 90's pop culture, they're really starting to stretch their bets.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Whaaaa, it won't be the same as the shitty cartoons from my youth.

That's relevant.... or at least it would be if I'd ever read the cartoons. or seen the tv show. I haven't.

... So in the absence of an opinion you criticise those that do. Nice one!

Don't forget the baby noises... the were very mature; not.

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Personally, I hope that once he's done raping the turtles' asses, that he also forcibly enter the throat with his cock as well as the ear canals and eye sockets. NO MERCY!

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
1st movie is awesome. I still have the poster somewhere in storage.
2nd movie is ok if you get around it being a tad bit kid friendly
3rd. Why the fuck do you like the 3rd movie?

well the 3rd movie was "almost" better than the 2nd one.
1st was pretty good, i remember it coming out in theaters around Britain :D
still:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4