Max Payne....MOVIE? Trailer inside

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I thought it looked nice.
I didn't play the max payne games, so I can't say anything about it being close to the games, even though I recognized the classic shooting while diving

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
That looks like it's straight-to-dvd caliber. :con:

Besides, the game was an unintentionally hilarious ripoff of corny, hamfisted action movies. Wouldn't it just be an unintentionally hilarious corny, hamfisted ripoff as a movie?

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
HELL YEAH.

Ok, saw it, my impressions are:

* A mix of Hong Kong shooting and Kurt Wimmer's excessive-killing-theory-with-two-handed-pistols (Mona near the end of the trailer)
* Plot impression is that the movie will be very dark and emo. Hopefully it'll be B+ status and not UT3's B- "My colony was attacked and now I'm angry! I WANT REVENGE" <-- Reaper, aka Captain Emo ;)
* Soundtrack doesn't sound promising (my first major is music, so this is important for me)
* Lots of explosions mixed with lots of shooting = my favorite, though I usually have to look for Chinese movies for this, Max Payne is actually in English! ;)
* Can't understand some of the stuff Max says in the beginning... The gruff in his voice makes it hard to comprehend what he's saying.

Last edited:

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Dude thanks for the post! Ive been waiting ****ing long for this! :D

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Interesting... yeah I hope those winged creatures are in Valkyr trips, otherwise it would be lame. I hope that it keeps the supernatural stuff to the minimum, and the gritty atmosphere of the games to the maximum.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
cant get the trailer to play, but I think it has something to do with my internet more than anything else. On a side note, Milla Kunis as Mona Sax, that I dont even need to see the trailer to judge so she can get the **** out of the movie please. However Walberg MIGHT be a good Max, so we will see how this goes.

EDIT: Also a quote from IMDB on the rating of the film

Mark Wahlberg: "Its PG-13, so you dont get to swear. You dont get to hide behind that."

Well IMDB is somewhat credible on their sources so if this is true, then it better be a hardcore pg-13. Hollywood pshhf

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Blah, they aren't worried about getting the Max Payne face/expression down.

mark-wahlberg-as-max-payne-20071109035017351_1201882576.jpg