Mass Effect 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They have the "Digital Deluxe Edition", whatever that includes.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They have the "Digital Deluxe Edition", whatever that includes.

* Collector Armor and Assault Rifle - Two bonus in-game items: advanced regeneration armor and a powerful enemy-shredding assault rifle.
* Incisor Rifle - Bonus in-game weapon. Firing three shots with each pull of the trigger, the Incisor Rifle is designed to decimate shields.
* Original Soundtrack - The Mass Effect 2 original soundtrack features 12 pieces spanning the entire Mass Effect 2 experience.
* Digital Art Book - The art book contains 48 pages of stunning full color artwork including captions from the Mass Effect 2 team.
* Digital Mass Effect Redemption #1 comic - Redemption follows Liara T’Soni’s dangerous mission to find Commander Shepard.
* Documentary Video - Featuring behind-the-scenes and making-of videos, the Mass Effect 2 documentary takes a look at how the game was made.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Digital Deluxe is essentially the Collector's edition minus the tin I think. Same dealie as with Dragon Age.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I hope I get it. They don't have it priced yet but I'm guessing $59.99.

Rohit

May 29, 2008
I'm giving the original one last try before the sequel comes out, and I've just become a Spectre. Yeah, it definitely gets better after Eden Prime, but I still don't understand why everyone loves it.

At least the sequel promises to improve on the combat. It's rather boring right now.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I'm giving the original one last try before the sequel comes out, and I've just become a Spectre. Yeah, it definitely gets better after Eden Prime, but I still don't understand why everyone loves it.

At least the sequel promises to improve on the combat. It's rather boring right now.

I used to feel the same way as you, but the game's dynamic really grows on you the more you play it. By the end I was so hooked that I went through it again a month later.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Steam pre order is up, with some armor set exclusive. Really, it's a trend these days, all thanks to Gaystop.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Steam pre order is up, with some armor set exclusive. Really, it's a trend these days, all thanks to Gaystop.

Agreed. That being said, I plopped down my preorder money via steam because, well, I'm excited. Plus I prefer Steam to retail and there is no way I'm not preloading this game.

~Jason

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Hm, am I conservative for only wanting my games in a box? :3 Tbh when I e-purchase a game I absolutely don't have the feeling I own it. I like my box.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I still like having things in a box, but the convenience of Steam is the greatest thing ever. Let me tell you a tragedy about my copy of BF2. It was scratched. I do not know how it happened, as I keep games either in the box or in the drive, but it happened. When I upgraded my PC and tried to install my game: TRAGEDY! I tried a quick crack, but it was banned from multi and I gave up, not wanting to deal with the hassle of finding a good crack.

For games I can register with Steam, I ironically prefer to buy it in a brick and mortar, keep the box, but also have the steam backup. I'm odd like that.

~Jason

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
No co-op?

*sigh* Guess I'll have to pass for now. Not that I wouldn't want this game, but my playing time is limited. I'd rather spend that gaming time in co-op with friends.

'Tis a shame. Looks like a great candidate for co-op too.

/me fires up Borderlands and hops in TeamSpeak.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Unbelievable how.. nearly every cast is nearly cloned in the game. So.. Yvonne is ****ing hot. :gonk:
Though.. her character seems to be more suited out of combat. Not that she's for the kitchen, but certainly military feedback.

Last edited:

Rohit

May 29, 2008
Beat the game after ten hours and skipped most of the side quests, which is probably a good thing.

Eh. It's really a linear shooter with bits of dialog and stats sprinkled in like most have said. Good for one playthrough, and nothing more. It had its moments, but nothing screamed out that this game was a classic. Not that that's bad, but this is definitely Bioware's worst game.

If I go into Mass Effect 2 (which promises to improve on combat) playing it as a shooter, I'll probably be satisfied.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Beat the game after ten hours and skipped most of the side quests, which is probably a good thing.

Eh. It's really a linear shooter with bits of dialog and stats sprinkled in like most have said. Good for one playthrough, and nothing more. It had its moments, but nothing screamed out that this game was a classic. Not that that's bad, but this is definitely Bioware's worst game.

If I go into Mass Effect 2 (which promises to improve on combat) playing it as a shooter, I'll probably be satisfied.

Glad to see you at least gave it a fair shot by playing through the game, too bad you didn't like it like most of us do. But I guess that's what difference in taste is. :)
Should you decide to play through Mass Effect 2 (which does improve on combat dramatically), please do post your thoughts on it here if you can. I'm very curious as to what someone with your opinion on Mass1 will have to say about it.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
With most games that come out on multiple platforms, I always pick up the PC version. However, I own Mass Effect 1 on 360 and would like to be able to take advantage of whatever you get for having a save game. Anyone know if ME2 is so much better on the PC this time around that I should give that up? ME1 was a very nice game for me to lounge around on the couch in front of my TV.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
The Mass Effect series is designed a lot more with consoles in mind than Bioware's other recent game, Dragon Age (if that kind of thing is what you're worried about). ME2 should be just as playable on console as the first.