1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kantham, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

IGN VIDEO REVIEW

The game will be released on January 26th 2010 for both X360 and PC. Simultaneaously!

I'm sure barely everyone here has played the first game and got bored with it. Bioware, this time around seems to have spend more time polishing the classes available for your avatar for multiple playing styles. Which should probably offer more diversity when choosing one.

The major changes shown so far are the AI, overall experience and environments (side missions are no longer made of ugly terrains with no actual polishing). Mass Effect 2 seems to be definitively more polished than it's precedor.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5283/masseffect2200911030458.jpg[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1433/masseffect2200909291050.jpg[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4249/masseffect2200908180822.jpg[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7209/masseffect2200906170001.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

SUPER AWESOME CINEMATIC TRAILER

CLASSES INTRODUCTION VIDEOS

THE PLOT

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I've started replaying the campaign in the first one with a female character.
    [​IMG]
    Stupid dark Normandy...

I'm really looking forward to the second one. The first was great.

3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I think everything so far looks great, but I'm not too found of the Infiltrator "never-can-be-seen-when-cloaked". I suppose we had enough of that in Crysis. It would make more sense if the cloak could be detected in many ways, especially when walking RIGHT in front of your enemies..

I really dig the new UI look overall (in menus, and targets health bars)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

I have played ME more than I care to admit. I played a few times through on the 360 then when it dropped to $10 on the PC I snagged it then. Playing through I was pleasantly surprised at how well it holds up. It's still a buggy game and the side quests are tedious (and so crap in the design department. Stupid prefabs for everything), but the acting is quite good (best with female Shepard), the story is compelling, etc. LOVE this game.

I'm very, very, very excited about ME2. Prettier, biotics are amped way up and they seem to have addressed the major issues of the first.

~Jason

5. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

I've had it preordered for a month now. Really looking forward to it. Hoping it'll be atleast as awesome as the first.

6. Al

Al Reaper

I shall have it.

7. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Picked up the first one when it went on sale recently at Steam. Going to start playing it this week to see if I'll like the second one. If so, just waiting for Steam to announce availability.

8. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

Come on Sjosz.... give us spoilers!

9. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

they took what they learned from the mistakes in ME1 and applied it to Dragon Age.

now we get to see those same updates applied to ME's successor, which should be outstanding. it sucks that I started DAO so late, because now I'll have to start ME2 late. but at least I'll have the comfort of knowing that there's a lot to look forward to this time.

can't wait.
    I got my Shepard @ level 50 (shock soldier) ready to go, all possible content has been played through and every achievement collected. it'll be great to finally continue where my epic story left off.

10. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Too soon! I won't be done with Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Rachet and Clank and the completion of my Mass Effect playthrough by then! D:

11. igNiTion

igNiTion here

Is this game going to be following BioWare's formula? Any major changes? I'm interested, but never enjoyed their style of games too much. Too much dialogue for me.

12. Rohit

Rohit New Member

I seriously could not get past the first mission.

13. Sir_Brizz

You couldn't "talk to Joker"? ;)

14. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

It IS a complicated task you know, pushing and moving the mouse along while pressing some keyboard buttons to move around.

It is very complex working with both hands, I speak from experience. It took me 3 weeks to talk to joker.

15. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

WRONG GAME LOL. Still wondering why they call him that. He's no where near entertaining, the first dialog you want to start is "STFU LOL, ACT LIKE SOLDIERS!" because of him bragging about how he doesn't like the Turian guy (Nylus) and how he (Nylus) underestimate his over-awesome navigation skills.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  16. Al

Al Reaper

Joker is awesome.

17. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

I had to give the first one a pass as it used limited activation DRM, but it seems this time they will only use a Disc check, or perhabs only Steam if bought from Steam, i'll wait to see if that's still the case on release day, if it is, i'll probably get it (barring any other unfortunate news about the game).

18. Rohit

Rohit New Member

No, the game was just that boring for me.

19. Al

Al Reaper

You obviously didn't play any of it. How can you say it was boring?

20. Sir_Brizz

Doesn't on Steam :)