Mark Rein On PC Gears

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Desp2/ROG

Mar 5, 2004
Jersey
www.planetunreal.com
You guys have no idea how hard it is to make a game for PC because of the variety of systems. I think Epic just want to give it a rest for once and deal we just one system for some of Epic’s games.

Besides this game looks more like will be better played on console instead of pc. It is not even full first person. The game-play video shows this clearly. I do not think GoW is a game that should sacrifice story details and any other cool element because it should go for PC also. Making it for PC also would make the development time so much more painful for them especially for a game like this.

Focusing on one system is a great idea. I can not wait to see this game in all its glory.

And you know what, this idea that Microsoft is telling them what to say etc… Is wrong because I am sure Epic Games are also telling Microsoft what to do with Xbox360 and Microsoft can really do nothing. Epic Games holds the best engine and tools for game development in the world, you think Microsoft will want to sacrifice that for just a PC release. Epic has decided to make GoW the best they need to concentrate on one system.

Just look at all the licensing that happened will Epic was at E3… Just imagine that 10 times or more. The unreal Engine is being licensed by a lot of people from huge companies like UbiSoft to smaller start up companies.

Lets just say Epic Games is no Halo push overs.

of course these are just an opinion and assumptions.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
TomWithTheWeather said:
Come on people. Just buy a damn Xbox already and quite whining. Some games are better on console while others are better on PC and from what little gameplay I've seen of GoW, it looks like a console game. Get over it. PC gaming is on the decline.

Edit: Hi Rog! :)
:stupid:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
zzzzzzzzz @ consoles

TomWithTheWeather said:
PC gaming is on the decline.

Shame that I detest the majority of console games then isn't it? I'm a FPS player. FPS games still suck on consoles. Until you get the depth of features and gameplay you can on a PC (and mouse and keyboard controls), I won't even consider a console.

If they port GOW to PC then I'll buy it. But that is not a reason for me to spend $300+ dollars just to play one game on hexbox. I'll stick with PC thank you and AFAIK PC games will always be better. If it comes down to it I can always play UT (five years old and still fun).
I didn't buy my computer just to play games.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
TomWithTheWeather said:
Come on people. Just buy a damn Xbox already and quite whining.

I will not buy an Xbox.
You people are going to go where the money is, and I understand that... but you can't possibly expect us all to follow.

Selerox said:
I'm a FPS player. FPS games still suck on consoles. Until you get the depth of features and gameplay you can on a PC (and mouse and keyboard controls), I won't even consider a console.

I couldn't agree with those sentiments more.

TriDane

Sep 18, 2004
www.galleryof3d.com
Selerox said:
I'm a FPS player. FPS games still suck on consoles. Until you get the depth of features and gameplay you can on a PC (and mouse and keyboard controls), I won't even consider a console.

Like most people out there [I assume] I'm a 'games' player. I'm not going to limit myself to just one small section of a single platform. I'll buy an Xbox and I'll more then likely buy a PS3 as well.

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
Selerox said:
Shame that I detest the majority of console games then isn't it? I'm a FPS player. FPS games still suck on consoles. Until you get the depth of features and gameplay you can on a PC (and mouse and keyboard controls), I won't even consider a console.
Then you're going to miss out on some great games.

Lighten up.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Hmmm... I remember Knights of the Old Republic were said to be an XboX-exclusive title. So I think the Mark's statement should be read as: We want to make sure the game will be 100% ready and bugfree when XboX360 starts selling, and then we will start working on adapting the game for PC. The Micrososft is not against porting the game to PC, but it wants the game to be released for PC some time after the release for Xbox