Mapvote to vote for Maps and Mutators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
not likely, lol. you can replace the gametype names DMGameType=botpack.whatever with whatever game type you want (it would have to use DM- as its map prefix), but otherwise no.

i could do a system like Ut2004 has in place and vote for a map with a selected gametype, but thats really just a pain.

Pziko Snake

((ITA)) Clan Member
Mar 7, 2003
not your business
digilander.iol.it
whoa......... I wanted JailBreak and MonsterHunt too........ perhaps I have to wait more & more & more & more.......

btw, that pain in the ass would make you a legend and would make UT A GREAT GAME!!!

lol, I'm not pressurin you....... butt........ DO IT! lol ;) (J/K)

btw, I think ut2003/04 misses some of original UT gameplay... I bought ut2k4 (original), but I still like to play UT instead of UT2k4, probably it's just me.........

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Bonehed316, I'll check the new version out :) . Talking of source code, do you know if it's technically possible to make a mod that allows casual players to execute some admin commands without the need to be logged in ?

This isn't a feature request as it's unlikely that many users will be interested but I'd be curious to know if this is doable. There are some communities that play with odd settings. For instance, our clan likes to play DM-Morpheus with low gravity, rocket and slomo 1.5 every now and then. This is possible using XMaps but the system it uses is a bit cumbersome and only allows one player to make changes.

Lol Pziko Snake, I see you have quite a bit of storage room on your server too ;) . We have both Jailbreak and MonsterHunt and what we do is leave MH on during the week and switch to Jailbreak on the weekend when people play on the server at 8 PM GMT (in something that's called the Sunday Smackdown). I might even add Rocket Arena for those players who want some fast and furious 1on1 action.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
fearless, it is possible to do SOME admin commands through code (change serverstring stuff, map, etc. ) without a playerpawn that is logged in as admin. but as for specifics, it depends on what you need the mod to do.

Pziko Snake

((ITA)) Clan Member
Mar 7, 2003
not your business
digilander.iol.it
well... I was thinking about another great feature that your mapvote should include...

ExtraMutators=

this one sets a common mutator for all the Buttons.... well, I was wondering if there could be another ExtraMutators= thing to switch with, so we all can switch between common mutators (this would require only 1 more button) a On/Off button, when on it loads the 1st set of common mutators, when off loads the 2nd set of common mutators, wouldn't it be great?

Pziko Snake

((ITA)) Clan Member
Mar 7, 2003
not your business
digilander.iol.it
oh, and another suggestion...

like you set autodetect to false... set everything to true (to have a list of all maps), having the other class enabled so I can play excessive + all the other game types... but is it possible to have all thus gametypes + the current one you are using? (the current one could be jailbreak or monster hunt - JB, MH) so you get all the maps that it searches by default with the INI + the current ones that u r playing on :)

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
the first idea may be viable, but probably not that practical. the second idea is practical, yet not really viable, lol. ill keep them in mind, though.

my thinking at this point is it might be nice to have an inteface similar to the add mutators screen where instead of typing the string out, you can pick the mutators and it will add it to the serverstring for you. the only problem i can forsee with this is that the server has to replicate what mutators it has down to the client, and im not sure how easy that can be done. but its an idea, at least.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Bonehed316 said:
fearless, it is possible to do SOME admin commands through code (change serverstring stuff, map, etc. ) without a playerpawn that is logged in as admin. but as for specifics, it depends on what you need the mod to do.

Well, with the different clans I know out there, I'd say a preset slomo command would be nice. We play low grav rockets at slomo 1.5 and I used to know a CTF clan that played Face at slomo 1.3. There's also a CTF low grav rockets clan that plays at slomo 1.2.

In conclusion, the slomo command seems to be the only one that would needed as you already provide a way to switch mutators.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Oh, one thing to add would be a tournament mode vote. Of course, if this clutters the interface up then just leave it as it is :p .

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
not sure about slomo or tournament mode.

im pretty sure slomo has to come from an admin (whire requires someone to log on), and i dont know what tournament mode is :)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ok, well forget those two suggestions :p . I'm posting here because I'm having some problems with x3fxmapvote at the moment. For some reason (this didn't happen to begin with), the text doesn't appear or only appears partially on the mutator voting buttons. Do you have any idea on how to fix this ?

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
i cant think of any reason why it wouldnt. double check your ini settings. only a certain number of characters will fit on the buttons. adding weird characters may break it :)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ok, I'll check the ini and post the contents here later. Note that this only started happening recently and x3dfxmapvote worked just fine up until then.

PizzaMan

Jul 16, 2004
Bergen, Norway
www.uksnipers.com
Hi folks :)

I registered here because I wanted to suggest a new function in mapvote.

Simply put I would like some maps to be removed from the maplist when the number of players reach a predefined number. Why? Because I dont think it is very amusing to play 1on1 maps with full server.

I dont have a clue whether this is doable or not, but damn it would be great.

Cya :)

PizzaMan

Jul 16, 2004
Bergen, Norway
www.uksnipers.com
Btw think I found a small bug.

I have to select gametype DM in order to get the "dont show last maps played" to work. When DM is not selected there are no red entries in the map list.

Tried it on 2 servers, same result on both.

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
MapVote DM/TDM voting

I have the same question as Pizzaman.

Could voting be set up to limit only DM Maps when there are 4 or less players, and both DM and TDM with 5+ players??

If it is possible, could that be an option further on in the versions of MapVote?

I wish I knew how to write code and program, but I don't have knowledge in that area. I also hope that the programmers will not forget about UT99!

CPan

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
Pziko Snake said:
btw, I think ut2003/04 misses some of original UT gameplay... I bought ut2k4 (original), but I still like to play UT instead of UT2k4, probably it's just me.........

I have played UT2003 and UT2004 and I like UT GOTYE best. That's all I play and have uninstalled both 2003 and 2004.

CPan

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
hey guys :)

new version up.

http://www.nightstormer.com/bonehed316/x3dfxMapVote.zip

this version includes only ONE new feature. unfortunately i dont have time for major structure changes and testing, but as i have said before, i will gladly provide source code to anyone who wants to continue.

the feature is one that has been requested several times, and seemed easy enough.

now mapvote can optionally enable and disable team games when there are less than a defined set of players on the server. you can now set MinPlayersForTeamGames to whatever number you want to be the minimum number of players (not including bots) for team game types to show up in the map list. by default this value is 0, which disables the feature completely. this feature is also NOT configurable ingame, but you can login as admin and use "admin set x3dfxmapvote minplayersforteamgames x" where x is the number you want to set.

this change presents a set of logical errors that can arise when admins arent as smart as i should like. so i have put in place a dummy proof system (i hope) whereby if you do accidently disable ALL non teamgame gametypes, and there are not enough players (not including bots) to play team gametypes, mapvote will temporarily go into auto detect mode, and only list whatever gametype you are currently playing. its been a while since i did any work in mapvote, so be sure and let me know if there are any problems.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
Btw think I found a small bug.

I have to select gametype DM in order to get the "dont show last maps played" to work. When DM is not selected there are no red entries in the map list.

Tried it on 2 servers, same result on both.

i checked this, you set it ingame, then switch maps. the option will work starting with the new map. its a matter of the order in which things are added. in other words, thats not a bug, its a feature ;)