Lineage II models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[xF]Warlock

Mar 8, 2004
Has anyone had success opening the Lineage II models or textures?

I have tried with the UnrealEditor that came with U2:XMP thinking it was the newest revision of the editor but still no avail. Im hoping the UnrealEditor that comes with UT2004 will do the trick. But, so far I crash everytime I try to open them. I get the same crash when I try to open the Ut2004 models too...

Anyone have info on this?

Thanks!

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
The games are made by different companies and the packages aren't compatible. Also, it's illegal to use content from one game in another, so you wouldn't really want to release anything if you do that.

[xF]Warlock

Mar 8, 2004
Thanks for the reply.

I was unaware that the packages built by a differing company would make them unopenable by UnrealEd. Do you have a link on working with packages? Or do you have any idea how I could get them to open? I am not going to do anything commercial with them. I just want to play with them for my own fun basically. Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
The best I can suggest would be to head to www.wotgreal.com and download the exporter, then see if that works with the game's packages. Currently it supports Deus Ex, all the unreal games (including Unreal2) and a few others, so chances are it'll probably work with Lineage, but I can't guarantee that. It can export static meshes, textures, code, and sounds (it won't export skeletal meshes, but will export vert-meshes such as the player models from UT).

If that doesn't work, you might be able to export meshes from the editor as OBJ files, but not all versions of Ued have OBJ export, so you'd have to check that out yourself. You can then import them OBJ meshes to Max or whatever, and export them ready for UT2K3 or whatever.

[xF]Warlock

Mar 8, 2004
Thanks for the advice.

I attempted your suggestions without success but good ideas. Unfortunately wotgreal gave me an access violation with the textures and it did "try" to export the meshes but gave me 1kb .3ds files that obviously didnt work. UnrealEd crashes instantly with Lineage files so I cant attempt an OBJ export. I appreciate you trying to help me out. Thanks man!

If anyone else happens across this and knows more please let me know...

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
One other thing you can try is place a mesh in an empty level, then export it as .t3d (I'd assume Lineage would have t3d export since it's an unreal engine native format), then open Ued3 for 2K3 and go to the mesh browser and import the .t3d direct to a new package. You'll have to navigate to the location of the t3d file and type the name of the file, since the mesh browser doesn't technically support the format - it will import a t3d without any problems though.

[xF]Warlock

Mar 8, 2004
Wow Harmeister! :eek:

That totally rocks. The Lineage models are simply increadible. It would be nice to be able to play with those. Looking forward to that ALOT!!!

Glad we have people like you out there...

Ill definitely buy into that! :)

B3D_Sage

Mar 21, 2004
how goes the progress on this? it's something I've been trying very hard to get to work but have been quite disappointed thus far :(

Harmeister

Mar 14, 2000
Billerica, MA
www.wotgreal.com
B3D_Sage said:
how goes the progress on this? it's something I've been trying very hard to get to work but have been quite disappointed thus far :(

Antonio says he has this working, or close to working, but he hasn't checked in the stuff into CVS yet. So that's the state, I guess. I don't know enough about how the packages work to do any more than wait as well.

As soon as it's checked in, know that I will get a release out hopefully the same day.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Using the UT Package tool program, I was able to get the sounds to open up and play back properly, but that was it :( I was able to open up a lot of the packages (besides textures), and see all the internal groups / file names etc, but had the same problem with the exports being 100-200 byte files containing nothing.

KrisWood

Jul 24, 2004
yeah I know it's a dead thread, but has anyone made any progress on this? I've still got my beta cd, would be fun to take apart the skeletal meshes heh. Just wondering...

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Good luck in your quest, guys!

Radiosity said:
One other thing you can try is place a mesh in an empty level, then export it as .t3d (I'd assume Lineage would have t3d export since it's an unreal engine native format),

I think Lineage doesn't have an UnrealEd supplied, and the supplied ucc.exe (if there is one supplied) is a version with many features cut off.

Galahael

Mar 1, 2005
I had downloaded WOTgrealEXPORTER, and I can export pictures and retouch it with Photoshop, but I don´t know which format must I save it and how to compile them to prove it in game.

Someone can help me plz?

bucho

Aug 14, 2005
Galahael said:
I had downloaded WOTgrealEXPORTER, and I can export pictures and retouch it with Photoshop, but I don´t know which format must I save it and how to compile them to prove it in game.

Someone can help me plz?

Tips:

1. decrypt your package texture using l2decrypt.exe
2. download DDS plugin for Photoshop (www.ndivia.com)
3. Save the image like DDS file with DXT1 compression
4. open your decrypted texture package with unrealed.exe
5. import your new modified texture, and rename to the original one
6. save the package
7. encrypt the package using l2decrypt again.

Thats all

CamelionX

Sep 9, 2005
Hello guys i am looking how i can get the models out of L2 but when i use exporter it says UT2003 Models are unknown