[Laudanum] Victorian steampunk horror mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
*points to the name of the mod* yeah.... era drugs are kinda going to play an important role in the whole thing, esp for stuff like medkits.
As for your second idea, I think thats how the opium fiends are going to work... people get drugged by the cultist's tainted opiates and become "monsters" of sorts. I may take the concept a little further and also toss in some sort of parasite based monsters. I like parasites.

Undead Frank

Daten unterscheiden sich vom Server
Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
Kangus(May I call you Kangus or do I have to call you His Majesty,King Kangus I?),
do you want to add bots to Laudanum?

Undead Frank

Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
O.k.IMO,we need a Long-Range weapon.Not necessarily a Sniper-Rifle,but something Long-Range.Perhaps some sort of "Vampiric Leap" will do(Jump to the Enemy,and rip his Head off in Mid-Air).What do you think?

Undead Frank

Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
But nobody EVER made a Bot which doesn't see invisible people, so the Infiltrator 8mm suggested would be a problem.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
You don't need a new bot to make them not see you. My nuker's cloaking ability sets bots' targets to none if they're targeting you. Works pretty well.

Undead Frank

Dec 12, 2003
Heinsberg
Seems that way....
But why don't you just leave out the Infiltrator.There are loads off other good things in this mod, so at least try it!If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.But if it works, you're gonna have many people which have fun with your mod. Don't let this die,Kangus!

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
man, you guys keep digging up posts from the deep.... the whole reason Laudanum ain't happening atm is the lack of a real modeller. I think I've said this like fifty times, although probably not in this thread.... and if you glance around in other threads, you'll see that the Infiltrator is very possible, because the dagger I'm working on sure as heck fools them.... ideas from this mod are VERY much being used by me still, juts not the bigger mod on the whole.
see this thread for details on the dagger, etc: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=130928

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
one thing that should be implemented for a proper horror mod... is that players should randomly become werewolves... or vampires, or things like that, and tear sh!t up. possibly the players lose control of their character and watch in 3rd person mode.

so you're chasing this dude, and all of a sudden he becomes a werewolf, leaps on top of you, and rips your head off and shoves it up your ass. THAT would be fun/freaky.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
I think this is the best mod that hasn't been released. I think we should all make an effort to make sure it remains #1 on the ModWorks ranks.