Koth Code

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
HELP

i got this errorError: C:\UNREALTOURNAMENT\Koth\Classes\Kothscoreboard.uc(32) : Error, Redefinition of 'function DrawNameandPing' differs from original whats going on with the code CA?

Sonja

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Check the parent class of the class the function "DrawNameandPing" is in.
The function probably uses wrong return or parameter types or something like that.:flak:

mr.s-d

CHiMERiC Moderator
Aug 30, 2001
UK
www.unrealscript.com
In one of the patches (432 iirc) Epic changed a few functions relating to the HUD & score board, you may remember that this broke quite a lot of mods around at the time.
The KOTH tute dates from quite a while before this, and the code definately worked at the time, I know becuase I used a tweaked version in a mod I was working on.
If you look in TournamentScoreBoard you'll see that DrawNameAndPing has one more parameter (bCompressed).

Dr Slue

Tutorial Maker Man
May 10, 2001
Australia
Visit site
I noticed that too.
It means that the function line should say:
function DrawNameAndPing(Canvas Canvas, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI, float XOffset, float YOffset, bool bCompressed)
instead of: function DrawNameAndPing(Canvas Canvas, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI, float XOffset, float YOffset)

But even then, it gets another error saying: Error, Unrecognised type 'kothbotreplicationinfo'.
Why isn't this class defined in the tutorial?
Could someone make the necessary code and edit the tutorial so that it actually works? I would really appreciate that since i am using a lot of that code as a base for the first project that i am working on.

Dr Slue

Tutorial Maker Man
May 10, 2001
Australia
Visit site
Could someone please a) fix up the code on the tutorial itself.
b) just post the necessary finishing code here or
c) move this thread to the Coding Forum so that more people will see it and be able to help.
Thanks, because i really need this code to start out on my first project.

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
Originally posted by Dr Slue
Could someone please a) fix up the code on the tutorial itself.
b) just post the necessary finishing code here or
c) move this thread to the Coding Forum so that more people will see it and be able to help.
Thanks, because i really need this code to start out on my first project.
same here for GE UT

Dr Slue

Tutorial Maker Man
May 10, 2001
Australia
Visit site
i must have typed something wrong before, because i tryed it again and it worked just fine. Just copy the KothPlayerReplicationInfo code and change the necessary words from 'player' to 'bot' and it all compiles just nicely.
My mod seems to be working quite nicely now...even though it is just the base gametype and HUD (alterred HUD) and a silly little scoreboard.
The next things on my agenda are: Changing the Practice Session window to get rid of some stuff, making a 'FinishZone'(if the player reaches this, they are the winner), perhaps a StartZone, a more customised HUD, game start-up messages and many other things. Argh! Oh well, all the base stuff is done and that is what matters most.

Dr Slue

Tutorial Maker Man
May 10, 2001
Australia
Visit site
like what? i'm interested, since i'm only beginning, but also because i'm just starting to get a bit better.
I actually made my own ammo last night :) It looks like a grenade, too bad i can't skin though :) Oh, and it came out about 3 times too large. hehe
then i made it as the projectile also for a grenade launcher (from one of the tutorials on chimeric) and it was quite fun seeing grenades the size of you flying around a little test level that i made.
Anyway.
If you want to discuss it more, you can email me @ Drslue@gamesden.net.au.

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
in perfect dark if the zone counter reaches end of limit the active koth zone will move, how do i get it to move to a new zone.

ME A LAMO HOW DO i actually use it in ut i added a zone portal to my level then made this int file[Public]
Object=(Name=Koth.KOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus)

Preferences=(Caption="KOTH",Parent="Game Types",Class=Koth.kothGame,Immediate=True)
is this right?

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
done that but i end up with a blank pannel
WTF is wrong?[Public]
Object=(Name=Koth.KOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)

Preferences=(Caption="KOTH",Parent="Game Types",Class=Koth.kothGame,Immediate=True)