Just a wild guess, but,...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EyeMind

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Is there source code available with the Runtime?
The UDN Runtime Features description says that there are APIs and C++ Source and other cool stuff. I would guess that this is for Engine Licensees and not us enthusiasts.
I'm with Wormbo on this one,... what's the point?
The UnrealEd versions that ship with Unreal Tournament and Unreal 2 are excellent. In fact, I'm kinda surprised that you can't load static mesh packages from one game into the UnrealEditor of the other. If only I could figure a way around that "bad index" critical error that crashes the Editor.

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
EyeMind said:
If only I could figure a way around that "bad index" critical error that crashes the Editor.

And that would be illegal. Very. Release something using content from Unreal2 in UT2003 or vice versa, and expect nasty things to happen very quickly indeed :)

Source code for the Runtime should be available hopefully tonight some time (it may be delayed though, who knows ;) ).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
point 1> potential downloaders do nt have to have ut2003/unreal 2 to play your game.

point 2> YOU write it how you want it. programmers complain about some bug or aother in the ut2003 code. Well now's your chance to prove you are better :p

We could finaly code a GOOD UDamage ;)

Actualy, I think it's possible to transport staticmeshes over, you can convert a static mesh to a brush (red builder brush) export that one, import it into another UEd, and convert it back to a static mesh (didn't try it) but could be usefull if you want to copy your mod over to URT, and don't have the orriginal files for the static meshes.

EyeMind

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
I should have responded sooner; thanks for all the information.
ChainsawMonkey: I probably should have mentioned that I have no intention of releasing anything to the public that would infringe. I just thought that having alot more static meshes to play with would make for more interesting map creation possibilities. I will look for the source code release, though, that is exciting.
Sir_Brizz and Daid303: I love the UnrealEngine just the way it is. It's everything you want in a fast graphics engine. In my opinion, Tim Sweeney and associates have assembled a fantastic project, something that if there was a Nobel Prize category for really cool apps, they surely would be nominated. Besides my coding abilities are extremely unsophisticated, and, I would undoubtedly build the equivalent of black holes into a code listing that I'm absolutely certain would never compile anyway. And, I would spend an eternity on it. I have no geek in my genes.

Last edited: