JELP 2003

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Boost said:
you must prepare yourself to get to Frankfurt, Germany.
Zedmaestro, stop winning and prepare yourself for the journey some time next year.

I think for us Uk residents, Frankfurt will be abit easyer. Someren to me seemed like the middle of nowhere, and poor Boost and Bathory had to come fish me out and take me there (sorry for that...it was a long way :( )
If you wana join next time Zed, give me a buzz. Hopefully by then i`ll have my driving license too ;) and when i get my Job back at Gatwick airport, my bags get first class treatment (i know what really happens to your bags mwwwhahahahaaaaaa
devil-smiley-029.gif
) and ofcourse a small discount :)
Same goes for you other Uk dudes. This was the first time i have left the country alone and i handled the problems well. My mistakes cost me but it has made me stronger, i know the pros and cons and besides, new friends will help :) we are not alone.

Luckyy

Aug 30, 2001
Visit site
Heard from Dalton you kids had allot of fun and saw some funny pics.

Count me in for the next one and i can take 4 ppl from holland with me with there Pc's. Got a company car so it wont costs be a cent.

Beware do i need my afternoon sleep cause i aint gettin younger.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
TrueBlood said:
This was the first time i have left the country alone and i handled the problems well. My mistakes cost me but it has made me stronger, i know the pros and cons and besides, new friends will help :) we are not alone.
How poetic of you. :lol:

Dalton's Website Picture Caption said:
There was an lunar-eclipse visible at the party. Next one is on May 4th 2004, so I suggest to have the next Jailbreak-Lan then :).
Noooooo! I'm at school at that time, and I'd have my A-Level exams around or soon after that time too. Just poppin over to Frankfurt probably wouldnt be a brilliant idea, unless you lot would rather help me revise Maths, Chemisty, and Physics, than play Jailbreak.....

Boost said:
We won`t have enough space for the computers if these English who claim to want to join next time really join. Still have to see this before I believe it because they always chicken out.
Lol, you've got no faith or confidence in us Brits ;), but i understand why you think this.

Boost said:
Zedmaestro, stop whinning and prepare yourself for the journey some time next year.
Well, OK, I'll stop whining [/blatent lie :(], and just look forward to Frankfurt :D

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I must tell you though, that if you join be prepared for a very loud lan party with people screaming at each other and loads of laughter. :lol: Very little sleep and long hours playing Jailbreak. :rolleyes:

The whole deal is that if you want to enjoy the weekend, you have to join in with the crowd and if you sit quiet in a corner then don`t complain afterwoods. :D
:rockon:

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Boost said:
I must tell you though, that if you join be prepared for a very loud lan party with people screaming at each other and loads of laughter. :lol: Very little sleep and long hours playing Jailbreak.
gaaah! you can say that again, im bringing ear plugs next time. I hope next time people bring headphones, *points at snowdog* my laptop speakers are small and do the job but Snow`s....everytime i blasted him i could "Feel" the explosion on my little table :lol:
Im gona look at getting to Germany sometime today (god knows i have the time on my hands) so perhaps i can get as much info for the UK peeps and hopefully drag them along :D

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Snowdog said:
*Pats subwoofer*

I did have headphones, but they were in the car =P
With your car keys :lol: :lol:

I can remember lying in bed trying to sleep for the big drive in the morning, but I could feel in my bed from Snowdogs subwoofer what was happening in the game, and from Scope Trigger yelling I could hear when he got killed and when he killed someone (someone else yelling). :D

It was great even though I did not sleep, hearing the joy everyone was having, I was even lying laughing in my bed. :lol: I hope it will be just as good next time.

Bathory

stay negative
Mar 11, 2003
Visit site
Now stop teasing poor Snowie...... :lol: :lol: NOT !! I think he missed the chocolate most....

I was sitting next to Snow and the noise never bothered me, I liked the noise :D it's just part of the whole thing.

:minigun: <---- that one is for Cool :D

skeleton_keys

aka Banquo
Dec 12, 2002
London UK
Visit site
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Boost
We won`t have enough space for the computers if these English who claim to want to join next time really join. Still have to see this before I believe it because they always chicken out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you just don't have any faith in us do you.

I don't think you will be choosing my birthday to host the next JELP. I actually ended up working on my birthday :mad: after stints in Stockholm, Wales and northern England. It was great to finally get back home and play on the Lockdown again last night. :)

I am currently cannabilizing old laptops to create a working one that I can use for the next JELP. Shame it wont be in Berlin so I can visit my relatives but I may take a detour.

Great to see you all had a good time and look forward to joining you all at the next JELP :D

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Hehe @ SubWoofer
I'd have cute lil puny laptop speakers too, but since I travel relatively lightly I'm sure there would be space for some slightly more powerful speakers... who knows...!

Lol @ all the "this one's for you" stuff!

This one's for everyone!
:hammer: :enforcer: :biorifle: :shock: :Pulse: :ripper: :minigun: :flak: :rl: :sniper:

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Okay, I will stop haunting you guys. :lol: All I want to achieve is to meet all of you. It would be nice to have more English at the next Lan party. :)

If you need any help, feel welcome to PM me. Some of you even promised me that you will join next time, hope you keep this promise.

Skeleton keys, you had a good reason for not joining, hope you still had a bit of a nice birthday. :rolleyes:

skeleton_keys

aka Banquo
Dec 12, 2002
London UK
Visit site
Yep, Boost, it was good once I had finished all my work. I think you will be seeing me next year as I do love to travel and I haven't seen my german family for years now.

BTW if anyone would like to help me retire early and knows of any companies that need a penetration test (no fnar fnar jokes pls) , let me know.....what a shameless plug :D

Incidentally, does anyone run UT on Mandrake or any other Linux brand? I am thinking of putting Manrake 9.0 on a notebook but if there are any problems running UT JB and the associated mods, I will have to rethink this.

its the flaky cannon for me :flak:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Boost said:
It would be nice to have more English at the next Lan party.
Hehe, I'll be there if the date doesnt clash with school. I cant just leave school for a weekend and go to mainland Europe :(. But I'm pretty sure I'd be able to be there... :D

Just off topic, btw TB ya know we were debating whether there was a redeemer in the jail of Face, there was, and it is in the piccy below. However, it couldnt be picked up, ie it was like a walkthrough "mesh". The only reason I can think of for this to appear is because of my good old 56K and 400-500ms ping.

Attachments

• Redeemer in Jail.JPG
    Redeemer in Jail.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
skeleton_keys said:
Incidentally, does anyone run UT on Mandrake or any other Linux brand? I am thinking of putting Manrake 9.0 on a notebook but if there are any problems running UT JB and the associated mods, I will have to rethink this.
I ran UT on RH linux 7.2 once, that was alright but the machine itself was to slow and couldn't handle it.
Here I've got Mandrake 9 and RH 9 and they're both good (I would recomend Mandrake though)

Last edited: