1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-TheDecks

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by G.Lecter, Jan 1, 2006.

1. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Yeh pretty sure that is what he wants.
    How easy could you make that do you think?
    Would it be hard to add extra options, I am sure I could come up with some othe handy things to add in the mover.

Being able to individually set the time taken between each keypoint, in each direction would be really handy. ;)

2. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Problem: There will be 2 movers attached at the bottom of each cage. These movers will open and close during a release. The main cage should move out of the lava, and then those 2 movers would open. At that stage I'll have run out of keyframes and possible attaches. For some reason you can't attach a mover to another mover, and attach that mover to a 3rd mover... :con: Tried it already, it just doesn't work... :(

Nope, I've got SuperApe's VariableTimedMover for that already. :D You can set it to LoopMove and set different times for each keyframe, It's the one I am using in Fragtion... ;)
    What I'd need it's a mover that you can manually control its movement. It would go to 'Key0' when 'Event0' is triggered, it would go to 'Key1' when 'Event1' is triggered... etc... But not in order. That way you could trigger 'Event1 -> Event0' for release, and 'Event2 -> Event0' for the execution... Zed said it'd be a real pain to code... :(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  3. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

You've lost me there.

Can you explain how many keys this mover should have, and exactly what happens for particular events?

4. G.Lecter

This is the basic idea:
    - Key0: Standard state. Over the lava.
    - Key1: Execution state. Inside the lava pool.
    - Key2: Release state. Over a walkway.
    · For the execution, the mover should go from Key0 to Key1, stop there for a few seconds, and then go back to Key0.
    · For the release, the mover should go from Key0 to Key2, (without going through Key1), stay there for a few seconds, and then go back to Key0.

The only way I can think to make a mover like that one would be to assign a different Event for each Keyframe, and using those Events to tell the mover which Keyframe to go exactly... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  5. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

You mean a different Tag for each keyframe... :)

It could be possible using Mych's Probe actor that he created for Jailbreak. It allows an actor to be triggered by different things.

6. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

JBProbeEvent, to be precise (and to provide a link).

7. G.Lecter

Ermm... And how does it work? :lol:

I can compile it sucessfully but there's not any difference then. It's not placeable, and the Mover and Trigger properties don't change...

8. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

It's supposed to be spawned and have its Tag property assigned by UnrealScript code. Assign methods to its two delegates OnTrigger and OnUnTrigger and use them as you would use Trigger and UnTrigger themselves.

Look at how JBInfoArena and JBCamera use theirs.

9. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

It has to work in combination with a custom mover I will look into coding for you :)

10. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Coding update:

It's surprisingly easy to get a mover to go to other keyframes.
    The existing code only moves one frame at a time. When it finishes that move, there's a call to move it on to the next.
    In other words, the DoOpen() function only makes it go from 0 to 1. The KeyFrameReached() function then checks how many frames there are, and if there's more, makes it move to the next one.

All I need to do is override those functions :)
    And sort out the multiple tags too :)

11. Snowdog

Snowdog Yeah, bitch!

Just a silly random remark from a java programmer, but don't you miss a ; here -> initialState="Touring" // start in touring state ?

12. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

; is optional in the default props block, IIRC

(good to see you back, Snowdog! :) )

13. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

GLecter, would you want different StayOpenTimes for the executing and the releasing?

14. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

I dunno about him but I'm sure people could think of uses for it and if it isn't too hard to add into the code it would be worthwhile doing it.

15. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Yeah, good point.

I'm going to make this an actor that can be embedded in this map, but I will also add it to JBToolbox so mappers can easily use it after the next release of Jailbreak.

16. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

OK, here's your mover.

It has two possible paths, one for release and one for execution.

Set Events->TagRelease, TagExecute to respond to the events you set for each movement path.
    Set Mover->StayOpenTimeRelease, StayOpenTimeExecute for the open time.
    Set Mover->KeyNumRelease, KeyNumExecute for the key numbers that are each path's last keyframe.
    Example: KeyNumRelease = 2, KeyNumExecute = 5 produces this:
    release: 0.. 1.. 2.. then close the same way
    execute: 0.. 3.. 4.. 5.. then close the same way

For help getting this mover from the demo map to your map, see http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/MyLevel, 'Embedding resources from another map's MyLevel'

PS. In the demo, just shoot the targets to make it move.

Attached Files:

17. G.Lecter

Awesome, thanks a bunch tarquin! \o/

Working on the arena atm, then I'll make the cages and try it.

18. G.Lecter

It is finished, but it needs the JB2004c patch to work, which no one knows why it wasn't released... :con:

19. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Bump. map and patch are where?

20. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

On my HDD, having fun. :D

That out of the way, I wonder how/if this map would work in CTF. I think I'll try converting it, obviously unless Lecter objects.