JailBreak III Tournament results

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Trueblood said:
The only thing i can think of that might help this, is to add the smaller maps.

I don't think the maps are really the problem here.

AxlBoBBS said:
cos no one could be arsed.. no one had all maps, everyone was running around aimlessly, no way could we get a full team, half didnt turn up/turned up half way through and I cant make the next one ne way so no idea who will sort it :s

It is difficult enough playing without a full team and if they don't have the maps, you will probably loose. You also had one of the other team play for you and he will vote what his own team wants him to vote, that means that you were not able to play the maps you wanted. :(

I must say we already played against Fraggalonia one and some of their players didn't have the maps either, so that would have made it difficult for both teams (maybe they downloaded them in between the two matches). :confused:

Hope you can solve the problems because I would still love to meet your team in a match. :flak:

AxlBoBBS

I dunno! :x
Dec 17, 2003
TEZC World
www.tezc.co.uk
its not the size of the maps, or the waiting for the maps to download, not even the fact our team didnt know/have them.. the problem we had with the match last night is the map was unplayable, it seemed to be a badly done map resulting in the main area of the map grinding to a halt down to silly fps. :( - I know this competition is all meant to be fun, and I found the first 2 maps great fun, but its not fun trying to play a map that just doesnt work. If we had played another map which ran well on our computers and lost I wouldnt have a problem with it, we would have lost fair n square, just to lose like this is a bit annoying. - I dont expect the map/match or anything to be replayed.. as i said before most our team arnt bothered about it, just for future matches/maps maybe a few rule changes.. first n fore most, IF people had to download the map, a quick trial on it to see if its ok to play on no slow downs or anything for anyone.. 2nd rule.. get rid of team balance off the server :p and finally stick tournament mode on for these matches, and admin would be great, we all know when the matches are meant to be :) - TEZC will try to play the rest of the games, but its really hard getting a team together.. I was the only one on the server for ages, and the only one who actually plays JB :s so we can but try our best.. :)

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
JB-Mafia should run well on an average rig (mine is a PIII-1GHz with a GeForce5200) and lots of people play it without any problems at all. Tournament mode is a NONO because it'll make the server almost unusable while no matches are played (as the server keeps waiting for 12 players) and I don't have the time to be around as an admin most of the time. I expect tournament players to be able to download all necessary files and maps (!) from over here: MotherShip

Last edited:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
How about requiring team leaders to get in communication before the match and decide upon the maps in advance? Both teams could be informed of all the maps to be played, and everyone could download the necessary maps from NaliCity (or just get the pack it's in). If there was a problem with any of the maps (like apparently with Mafia, I unfortunately didn't make it so I don't anything about it really), team leaders could again meet and change a match. I suggest the "home" team picks two maps and the "visitors" one (home vs. away format is usually used for the listings). In this way everyone has the maps, everyone agrees on them, and people can also practice the maps before-hand, seems like it satisfies any problems that might be had.

Croatia

BornToKill
Dec 11, 2003
Hamburg
www.d-capitate.com
;-)

Very nice games thx u for funny fair game !

I am sure that it wasn't our last AllWeapons-JB !
And we see that we need vs U AllWepons Masters much more practise !

maybe we see us again ;-)

Cu

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Sexmachine, does this table I worked up (just a text file with tabs for formatting) fit your idea of how things should be scored? I just got an itch for a nice overview of the progress and where things stood :)

DISCLAIMER - This is NOT official in any way, it's just something I worked up based on my guesses about how to score things. I ranked it based on map differential and then score differential, that's kind of a grey area though I think.

Finally, the formatting may be screwed up a bit depending on your text editor. I made it in UltraEdit (w/ monospace font) and tried it in MS Word (w/ non-monospace font), Word displays it with a couple columns shifted over by a tab but I think it's pretty clear how to fix it.

Attachments

• JBIII-Tourney-Table-26-1-2004.txt
    430 bytes · Views: 22

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
The tournament is progressing nicely.
8 Games played and only 4 games left in the first round.

It could happen that at the end of the first round teams have the same number of points (say Played=3, Won=2, Lost=1, Points=6).
What will then be the next deciding factor(s) (and in what order)?

- Map Differential (maps won vs. maps lost)
- Score Differential (captures vs. captured)?
- Result of the game between the two teams?

I just wanted to clear this up, before the final games of the first round are being played.
:cool:

Last edited:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, whichever we do let's clear it up before we get two clans who are arguing for different ways to determine it because that one way would get them through ;)