Jailbreak 2004 Tournament - Schedule and Results

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
CoolDude said:
Do USG still have a chance if they beat The Tarts?
Well... "no they don't" is the simplest answer. For them to go through they need beat the Tarts, and the Tarts and DF also have to lose all their remaining matches. However, since the Tarts still have to play the DF, one of them has to win, giving them enough wins to qualify.

So thats CTM and USG "out" of the play-offs.

Should be an interesting last few matches for the Tarts and DF though, with Victory's success dependant on those results :)

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yes Victory needs DF to win and for the Tarts to lose against USG and TEZC. If we, The Tarts, win against DF tomorrow, we automatically clinch a playoff berth. If DF wins, and The Tarts lose another match, then they clinch playoff berth. If The Tarts lose all three remaining matches, then Victory clinches a playoff berth.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Sun 19 June Tarts-DF 3-0

3-1 on Grudge (Tarts choice)
11-3 on Basmma (DF choice)
4-1 on Snifam (MapVote)

With only four matches left in the first round, the Tarts have strengthened their position for the next round. Both DF and Tarts however have to play two more games which will be decisive for the tournament.
Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 05-06-19-1 grudge.jpg
    05-06-19-1 grudge.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 05-06-19-2 basmma.jpg
    05-06-19-2 basmma.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 05-06-19-3 snifam.jpg
    05-06-19-3 snifam.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Here is the situation regrading teams and playoff berths. Chaos, TEZC, and the Tarts all have clinched playoff berths and will advance into the semi-finals. USG and CTM have been eliminated from playoff contention. This leaves Victory and DF. DF is sitting at a 2-2 position and Victory has finished their season with a 3-3 record. Victory had defeated DF in their season meaning that, if the two were to tie, Victory would have priority in clinching a spot in the semi-finals. These are the only two teams left combating over the last spot left in the tourney. DF needs to win one more then Victory in order to advance ahead of them, and with only two matches left, DF has to beat both Chaos and TEZC to advance. If DF loses any of these matches, then Victory clinches the 4th seeded playoff berth.

Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Mon 20 June DF-TEZC 0-3

0-11 on Babylon Temple (DF choice)
0-9 on Grudge (TEZC choice)
0-14 on Basmma (MapVote)

TEZC is just unstoppable (so far).
What else can I say, but :eek2:

Attachments

• 05-06-20-1 babylon.jpg
    05-06-20-1 babylon.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 05-06-20-2 grudge.jpg
    05-06-20-2 grudge.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 05-06-20-3 basmma.jpg
    05-06-20-3 basmma.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 18

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
CoolDude said:
If at the end of the first round teams have equal points, this will be the order:
a) If equal, the result of the game between these teams will be the deciding factor.
Just to deliberately start a vicious rumour, its very convenient for CoolDude, given that he's on Team Victory ;)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Tue 21 June USG - Tarts 1-2

1-0 on Babylon Temple (USG choice)
1-2 on Basmma (Tarts choice)
7-1 on No Sense (MapVote)

Apart from the last map, a close game that was. Both teams played very well.
The end of the first round is almost there, only two games left tomorrow night.

Attachments

• 05-06-21-1 babylon.jpg
    05-06-21-1 babylon.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 05-06-21-2 basmma.jpg
    05-06-21-2 basmma.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 05-06-21-3 nosence.jpg
    05-06-21-3 nosence.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 23

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Thu 23 June DF - Chaos 1-2

2-3 on Arboria (DF choice)
0-7 on Castlebreak (Chaos choice)
9-7 on Basmma (MapVote)

DF gave Chaos a good fight.
In Castlebreak, they had no answer against the Sniping skills of the Chaos team.
On the other hand DF were the better spammers in Basmma.
Good games you guys.
Chaos, congratulations for reaching the semi-finals (now officially).

Attachments

• 05-06-23-1 arboria.jpg
    05-06-23-1 arboria.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 05-06-23-2 castlebreak.jpg
    05-06-23-2 castlebreak.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 05-06-23-3 basmma.jpg
    05-06-23-3 basmma.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Semi-Finals:
1 vs 3 : TEZC - Tarts
2 vs 4 : Chaos - Victory

Monday 27 June 21:00
TEZC vs Tarts Mothership server
Chaos vs Victory USG server

Finals:
Sunday 3 July
3rd and 4th place, 20:00 CET, USG server
1st and 2nd place, 21:30 CET, Mothership

Last edited:

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
As I was looking at the last tournament that was played, it gave some idea's.:D
The semi finals won't have a choice of all maps anymore, as the maps that have been played will be taken out of the selection.;)
Semi Finals Best of 3 maps:
Maps you may choose.
- JB-Addien-Gold
- JB-Cavern
- JB-Chrome
- JB-Conduit-Gold
- JB-Frostbite
- JB-Galactica
- JB-Heights-Gold-v2
- JB-IndusRage2-Gold
- JB-Poseidon-Gold
- JB-Oasis-V2
- JB-Relic
- JB-SavoIsland-Gold
- JB-ScorchedEarth
- JB-Solamander-Gold

As for the finals we have decided that it will be best of 5 maps played. These maps are selected between the maps that have been played the most in the first round.:D
Finals Best of 5 maps:
- JB-Arboria
- JB-BabylonTemple-Gold
- JB-Basmma
- JB-CastleBreak-Gold
- JB-Grudge

Good luck and have fun!:cheers:

Last edited:

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ouch that final is all maps I don't like or don't play on very often. Ah man if we make it to the final it's gonna be hell to win on those for me, idk about everyone else, but we are a team, ans I can tell you that as a team, we could probably win on those.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Boost said:
Friday 1 July
3rd and 4th place, 21:00 CET, USG server
1st and 2nd place, 22:00 CET, Mothership
Please swap this around.
Most of our team are in Europe, (edit/ forgot Taryts can get through, most of them are in Europe to I think) All but 1 of TEZC are in Europe. That is a bad way to finish on the Mothership. I dunno about the others but I dont want a final were losses can be blamed on a 250ms ping....
Final is more important that who comes third, please reconsider.

AxlBoBBS said:
1 outta tezc is usa ;)
^^ post 123 in this thread

Last edited:

TheYT

Jun 29, 2004
yeh i agree

playing with 250ms pings would just wreck the game. If the games are 1 hour apart why not play both of them on USG server?

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
The_Head said:
Please swap this around.
Most of our team are in Europe, (edit/ forgot Taryts can get through, most of them are in Europe to I think) All but 1 of TEZC are in Europe. That is a bad way to finish on the Mothership. I dunno about the others but I dont want a final were losses can be blamed on a 250ms ping....
Final is more important that who comes third, please reconsider.

Well, to be honest, we don't know who are going to play for 1st and 2nd place. If the Tarts have to play that match, they would prefer the Mothership. If TEZC is in the finals they prefer to play on USG. If Victory plays the finals, they prefer USG. If Chaos plays the finals, they want to play on USG.

Now these matches are 1 team vs another, so whatever I decide it will not sit well by one of the teams, so please try to understand that if Victory has to play on Mothership with a lesser ping, we don't mind because it is still about having FUN!!! There is no way I can please everybody, so please try to consider this.;)

As the ping of The Tarts (who have 3 players in America, 1 in Canada and 3 in Europe) will be very bad on USG, they will have a privelige for MS and they will get it.

AxlBoBBS

I dunno! :x
Dec 17, 2003
TEZC World
www.tezc.co.uk
:( it seems that 21:00 CET isnt going to be a good time at all this week for TEZC as 3 out of our 5 players all have cup matches at that time each day this week up until Friday :( they all thought it was going to be at 20:00 cet like the rest of our matches. As it stands at the moment TEZC will have 3 players Tomorrow night @ 21:00 CET :(

Edit

Further to this post I have just had a chat with the guys and Tuesdays is 100% out. Busy all night. 20:00 cet the rest of this week is the best they can do, they "might" be able to do 22:00 cet if their matches finish on time so if we were to agree this time then you would have to be understanding if we are running 15/20 mins late.

So to sum things up TEZC can Not play tuesday at all, and all other days this week it would need to be 20:00 or 22:00 cet - Hope we can get something sorted tarts

Last edited:

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
AxlBoBBS said:
So to sum things up TEZC can Not play tuesday at all, and all other days this week it would need to be 20:00 or 22:00 cet - Hope we can get something sorted tarts

:shake: OK, I give up, no matter what we plan it does not seem to come out well with one of the two teams.:( This is our final decission:

Team Tarts and TEZC, I suggest you contact each other. I want these three people to all be aware of the date and time you agree on, Birelli, Spudsy, and Axl. You have to find a date and time starting today Monday 27 June and before sunday 3 July, as I will put the finals on sunday to give you some space. Please let me know if you have a date and time!

I want to add that the teamleaders need to talk to their team before they set this date, as it seems that I get a OK from the team leaders and then some of their teammates are not available.:rolleyes:

I warn both teams Tarts and TEZC, if you do not play your semi final before sunday you will play for 3rd and 4th place on sunday no exception.

The Finals will be moved to sunday 3 July @ 20:00 for 3rd and 4th place and 1st and 2nd will be played @ 21:30.

As this is the last date that the finals can be played on, it will not change!!!!! If you can't get your team together for this date I suggest you find freelancers.