Interest and/or help with a series of training movies?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Predictbly, I got carried away.

Here's what I got from Campgrounds:

Attachments

• Campgrounds2003.zip
    219.2 KB · Views: 19

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Then I went ahead and did some on Antalus too....

Attachments

• Antalus.zip
    246.3 KB · Views: 18

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
... And Grendelkeep, plus one on Ironic.

Bear in mind that these are nowhere near a full list of tricks for these maps, just the ones I consider most noteworthy and/or useful.

Attachments

• Grendelkeep + Ironic.zip
    197.7 KB · Views: 13

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Might help.

I'm with PCB on the demos thing, not that I don't like the movies idea, but it's 3x the work.

Teaching the moves, should definately be seperate from applying the moves. IE: Teach it on an easy, well known spot, like the asbestos boost to the 50. You can do it from both sides to get practice left or right (which will be important later). As well, there's a lot of variance once you get the positioning down, any successful boost will make it. It doesn't have to be a perfect boost. Once achieved, then all should need is to be shown stuff after that.

Selerox said:
jump
double jump
dodge
dodge jump
shield jump
jump -> wall dodge
double jump -> wall dodge
jump -> wall dodge -> jump
boost dodge
shield boost dodge
Goo Jump (Han)
Falling wall kick
Lift Jump
Lift Boost Dodge
Pad Boost Dodge

...just to add a few.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
the reason I don't want to do demos is the infrequency of pulling off most moves. In video you can show just the specific moves themselves and explain how they are done, add slow motion, etc. In a demo you are forced to watch the whole thing to see where it happens right and everything.

Maybe when 2k4 comes out it would work better with FF and PAUSE and all that stuff...but some new player isn't going to want to watch 15 minutes of raw demo to see one trick move.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Brizz, watch a couple of my demos. I miss jumps occasionally but the demos themselves are each about 30 seconds or less because I made them specifically for this.

Also, one correction I wanted to mention: In the demos I say a couple times that the shield-boost costs 20 health... I guess it only costs 10? I was messing around some more last night after I made them and that seemed to be the case. It's quite a powerful move for only a 10 hp penalty.

In demos you get absolutely perfect image quality, plus you can watch it from first person or third person view, PLUS the file size for downloading is smaller, to say the least.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Me and PCB got this...

He knows a few more tricks them me, but I got the techniqe way down. I watched his, and was mildly inspired, so I made a couple to add to his.

I also got that pad jump you couldn't... it's a shield boost wall kick. I got close w/o, but don't think it's possible.

The compressed one is for brizz. Notice on all of them, there's not more then a second attempt. That, is all about binds. When you make a demo like this, for this, like PCB says, it's short, sweet, and to the point.

Attachments

• MoreTrickJumps.zip
    242 KB · Views: 16

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'll look at them later, I have to get to work soon.

I still think that videos are a better way to go. Demos are awefully cumbersome for most people atm.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Just watched 'em. I've never seen the tree-to-50 before; could REALLY come in handy if it's not too insanely hard to pull off in combat.

Also, I've never seen the lift-to-100 done with shield gun before. In retrospect it should've occurred to me... it can be done w/o shield but it's insanely hard (and not worth the time investment imho).

Also in your demos.... other people take note, using the terrain to avoid the lift to amp on Antalus is a very important trick, especially in 1v1. I meant to do it but forgot.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yea, you mentioned it (lift avoidance), and I didn't know that could be done before, but the inspiration, giving me ideas...

Yea, I got much closer hten you w/o the SG, but not close enough to think it was possible. I'll take your word for it, but I don't see it happening. Not for me anyways.

The Tree one is really tough. I've never seen that one done by anyone else. I've not even attempted it in combat, but that one is original from me as far as I know. I been finding more SG jumps now that I know how to do that. Those things are cool.