Impaler for UT - cut gun from Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
ImpalerpsxforUTfinal.rar

This is the UT version of Impalerpsx.

DM version by CodeX entirely:
ImpalerUT.rar

Summon impalerpsx.impaler

Summon impalerut.impaler

The gun is now very effective against titans in primary fire(against their boulders) and it has additional effect in altfire, making it more useful a weapon in general.

EDIT: The weapons ending in 'psx' are specifically meant for this singleplayer campaign, the reason I am releasing them standalone should be taken more as a "bonus":
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-psx-rework-rise-of-jrath

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Just wondering now that you mention boulders.I don't suppose anyone has ever made a gun which could manipulate the trajectory of boulders and return them to sender? I mean, once you'd target the boulder with the crosshair you could let it follow the path of your mouse movement.
Something along those lines.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
It's super hard to do because they are extended from projectile code. Once a projectile begins it's path a lot of the code becomes predictive and isn't replicated enough to alter on the fly. I ran into this issue when I was working on the frying pan for FoodFight. I wanted the pan to <CLANG> into incoming projectiles and reflect them back. To make a long story short in order to do that I'd have to destroy the original projectile, create a new exact copy, and then send it in the new direction. That's why you don't see a good 'gravity gun' type mod for UT.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I do remember a good gravity gun mod, but this one was really rare and the person who made it really experienced. A lot of stuff is possible that goes beyond our knowledge.

medor

Mar 15, 2009
After test no one work properly under UnrealTournament 99
ImpalerpsxforUTfinal Not work
ImpalerUT just work if i drop all weapons before and summon one and only if i drop all weapons before
Impaler2Final Not work

Yes i have all file and use with test maps.

ScriptWarning: TFemale1 ImpalerTest.TFemale1 (Function Engine.Pawn.AddInventory:0076) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TFemale1 ImpalerTest.TFemale1 (Function Engine.Pawn.AddInventory:0084) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TFemale1 ImpalerTest.TFemale1 (Function Engine.Pawn.AddInventory:008C) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: Impaler ImpalerTest.Impaler3 (Function Impaler2.Impaler.GiveAmmo:008A) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: Impaler ImpalerTest.Impaler3 (Function Impaler2.Impaler.GiveAmmo:009A) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: Impaler ImpalerTest.Impaler3 (Function Impaler2.Impaler.GiveAmmo:00A2) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: Impaler ImpalerTest.Impaler3 (Function Impaler2.Impaler.GiveAmmo:00AD) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: Impaler ImpalerTest.Impaler3 (Function Impaler2.Impaler.GiveAmmo:00C1) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: Impaler ImpalerTest.Impaler3 (Function Impaler2.Impaler.GiveAmmo:00C9) Attempt to assigned variable through None
Log: appRequestExit(0)

We had already raised this problem for another weapons you make No ?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That's because the thing uses StingerAmmo, only ImpalerUT uses Pammo. THIS IS NOT A BUG! It's because a mutator in Botpack replaces all stingerammo with pammo causing this conflict in the first place. (go complain to STEVE POLGE FOR WRONG REPLACEMENT METHOD makin it SPAWN in FRONT OF YOU AND FUCKING YOUR INVENTORY UP)
Both Stunner and this use the same ammo and that's why I made a special ImpalerUT.

The reason you had to drop all your weapons IS BECAUSE YOU USED THE GODDAMN WRONG ONES IN TOURNAMENT GAMETYPES.

Ever heard of OldSkool mod or the original unreal gametypes? That's what this is for. The main ImpalerPSX is for the singleplayer CAMPAIGN.
So stop throwing all this abuse when you don't know yourself what you're doing! I warned about this and yes we raised the point, the point is you made a FATAL mistake.

IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS IN UT DM JUST USE THE DAMN FOR-DM/UT VERSION. THAT ONE USES BOTPACK AMMO, BUT YOU MUST NOT SUMMON THE OTHER ONES BEFOREHAND.

People like you make me want to DROP THE TROUBLES I went through to get this done, especially for UT port.

medor

Mar 15, 2009
I see that you are very angry.
I will not bother you I stick it all in the my trash.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I see that you are very angry.
I will not bother you I stick it all in the my trash.
Fine, take it up all your ignorant butthole.

And no I'm not that angry, but your tone was already over the top and condescending. So therefore I replied adequatedly.

medor

Mar 15, 2009
condescending? That was not my intention .

I use google translate for read and reply.The futility of your language i suppose just as for you to for the mine.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The lesson is: Don't summon impalerpsx in tournamentdeathmatch. Impalerpsx is for the oldskool/coop/unreal gametypes that use unreal ammo and don't need tournamentammo types....

TournamentDeathmatch and its default mutator REQUIRE tournamentammo.

So only use impalerUT in TournamentDeathmatch, how clearer can that not be?!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
And you should've specified this is for the oldskool mod for UT. It is obvious to you and some others, but to most people it probably won't be? Just take that in account. It may be a good idea to include a link to the mod in your OP?

And stay calm ;-)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
OK I added to the first post. Hope it's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.