I'll be happy to answer any questions about UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Smashmore said:
does that mean you'd need a DVD Rom to use it? I did the text tutorial for Maya, but I don't see how you follow a video and use Maya simultaneously, but thats just me...

its like watching any vid, make notes then do once you've watched it :)

\/\/ORF said:
I think it's also rumored to come with a SOCOMish headset.

yeah comes with one of them too.

sounds like a good package may get one just for the sake of having one

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Dual-screen :)
It's not hard, pickup an old monitor and a dvi->vga dongle (i got mine for about £5 packaged & delivered) and let the fun begin :)

Reduces deskspace.. but it's worth the added virtual space & taskmanaging ability, imho.

Smashmore

NewsFlash: Computers make people lazy!
Nov 30, 2003
My last cd-rom died of over-use after a 1 and a half year life so now I have a DVD with rewriter built in, but I barely use the DVD option. Sitting in a computer chair watching long movies sucks (LOR anybody?) and its a pain to hook my comp into a TV everytime, plus I haven't bought a real DVD player yet so it'll give me an excuse to use it. How do you know if it has DVD writing ability?

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
If it says DVD +R, or DVD +RW, then it has DVD-writing.

If it's DVD + CD-RW, then it will write CDs but only play DVDs.

Plus DVD players are ubercheap now. Even players by Philips (Magnavox) or Panasonic are less than $100 American. Pull the trigger, man.

Smashmore

NewsFlash: Computers make people lazy!
Nov 30, 2003
im gonna have to eventually i guess. but then id like to get a dvd writer (which i realize i dont have). but oh well. I don't watch loads of movies anyway.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Well, I haven't answered many questions lately, mostly because information about UT2k4 is being published daily. Therefore, I'll unstick this thread. I want to thank all those who helped answer the many questions in this thread.

Peace