If We Build It They Will Come

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Ok let’s face it; we all have problems with UT3. That’s ok, I mean no game is perfect (except maybe MGS4 :p). Complaining, ranting and whining on the forums all day isn’t go to fix everything, especially those that Epic doesn’t think is broken.
It’s not our job to fix UT3 but luckily we can.

So in an effort to make more people like UT3 and see how awesome it can be, oh and increase community spirit and all that jazz I propose we build our very own UT3 field of dreams.
Just think of something you would like to see in UT3 and then go build it.
How you ask?
One piece at a time. :D

To get the ball rolling let be me present to you:
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mr. Crow!

lol just kidding. :lol:
Seriously though, check it out.:2thumb:

screenshot00119yw2.jpg

screenshot00122pq8.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot00161.jpg
    ScreenShot00161.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 31
  • ScreenShot00172.jpg
    ScreenShot00172.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I miss them too. They are like wannabe Necris. I liked the Black Legion/Nightmare characters. Now I'm considering to uninstall UT3 and reinstall UT2k4. More than half a year since I played it. For some strange kind of reason I would like to play UT2k3 again, just to check out the many differences.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Haha, this is great.:lol:
It looks pretty good too. Can you make it wobble a little bit?

What do you think I am? A Magician?
Well I had thought of that before but it would required a lot of work.
Since you asked I gave it a try anyway.
I had to modify the UT3 rigg, create a custom physics asset and custom Family code. Still after all that if will work if create new characters.

In the end it failed.
Only one character showed up with the hat and all the rest were DemoGuys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQ9118VY5U

I can release the regular hat and facemask if anybody wants it.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I have no idea how creating or modifying playermodels works. I just thought it was possible since skirts and the like are already affected by physics in the game.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
Very well done good looking hat's!. But I think what is killing UT3 look at the pics, no colours like in 2k4. It is all like monochrome, dark blue, black, brown. It has no life in it.

But sorry the topic is not about that. Again great looking hat's!

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I have no idea how creating or modifying playermodels works. I just thought it was possible since skirts and the like are already affected by physics in the game.
lol no you didn't. I was just joking around. Forgot my sarcasm tags.:lol:

1R0NH4R\/35T

is not amused.
May 10, 2008
Earth
ticktockman92.deviantart.com
I miss them too. They are like wannabe Necris. I liked the Black Legion/Nightmare characters. Now I'm considering to uninstall UT3 and reinstall UT2k4. More than half a year since I played it. For some strange kind of reason I would like to play UT2k3 again, just to check out the many differences.

Same here. I tried installing my copy of UT2k4 last night, but it was all scratchy. I haven't played any other UT game for a long time. :(

A whole bunch of good 2k3 custom maps had been lost when they released ut2k4 i remember one that was based within the blast radius of a nuclear explosion it was really well done not too mention the loss of my fav custom models horace god and effigy :( i used in 2k4 that wont make it to ut3 but im happy with the custom content that is being released for ut3 ... keep up the good work is all i can say

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
If a billionaire UT3 fan gave us all a brand new computer each to play UT3 with there would be lots of people playing the game.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Very well done good looking hat's!. But I think what is killing UT3 look at the pics, no colours like in 2k4. It is all like monochrome, dark blue, black, brown. It has no life in it.

But sorry the topic is not about that. Again great looking hat's!

You really need to take a look at the levels that have been entered in the MSUC phase 1. There is plenty of color in UT3 ... this is one of the biggest myths that somehow keeps on going.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I miss so much kicking Mr. Crow's ass. One of the most stupid looking characters I ever seen in a game.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
You really need to take a look at the levels that have been entered in the MSUC phase 1. There is plenty of color in UT3 ... this is one of the biggest myths that somehow keeps on going.

Yes I admit that some of those maps have colors in it. At last, but 75% of the UT3 maps, are ugly monochome like