I see a problem in the community...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Orphanage is in my queue. I'll get to it.
UCMP-ThePits is going to be reviewed along with the whole pack my Mr. Prophet.
The others are mostly, if not all, in the review queue already. Considering the queue is so very large, there are so few reviewers, that we owe it to authors to review sub-par maps as well as the excellent ones, and that maps like Headake and Redeemer-SniperHeaven keep ending up in my personal review queue - well, I'm sure they'll all be reviewed eventually. You'll just have to be patient.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
I believe it,there are tons of maps.

I should whip out some crappy maps,I just can't believe the sniper reedeemer crap,man I played that so long ago,was terrible,people are posting 7's and sh_t.

Then they post 9' and 10's on that sluggish fps ,ctf (nice looking) map,never be played,i dunno.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
ReD_Fist said:

I should whip out some crappy maps,I just can't believe the sniper reedeemer crap,man I played that so long ago,was terrible,people are posting 7's and sh_t.

Then they post 9' and 10's on that sluggish fps ,ctf (nice looking) map,never be played,i dunno.

now you know how we veterans became so bitter and flamy. There's just so many idiots you can bear before you start crapping on all of them.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
ReD_Fist said:

Just remember - I didn't ask for the review. I was somewhat loathe to do it, actually. But because of all the sniper/funnel map discussion the other week, I thought I should at least give it a fair break.

As for the people posting 9s and 10s, yeah - I don't like that either. I realize the users score based on their personal feelings and not according to the Nali review guidlines, but still - the complete lack of beauty in the map automatically takes it down below 9 and 10 even if they consider the gameplay perfect for that kind of map. Gameplay > Eyecandy - yes absolutely. But gameplay > Ugly - sometimes not. And this is a good 'not' example.
But to each their own. I just hope no one's tricked into thinking the map is actually a 10 quality. And I hope the sniper lovers find the map so at least they can enjoy it.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well it seems so extreme ,like the ugliest map around,but good sniper action,what makes it so hard to have minimal looks with those map.
I could careless about eyecandy,but sheez ,and the other side too,a killer looking map,but everythong else is fouled up.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
ReD_Fist said:
Just looking at unrealplaygrounds front page,and there is beyondunreal ,and others,but no nalicity.
then i looked at beyondunreal front page,and no matter who says what,but I guess this place is the funky map review site now (at the moment),heh.

5 on BU now, sniper redeemer heavan? ,then insite has only2 maps.

Ashame all these nice maps and work around here thats fresh isn't getting posted. Especialy I know at least 4 websites who take that same exact list off of here
I really want to understand what you are saying. :eek:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Just seemed wierd,they don't have "nalicity" on thier "links-reviews" thingy on the left side runner of thier frontpage.

The other thing is the lower end map reviews,comming from here kinda all at the same time.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
ReD_Fist said:
Just seemed wierd,they don't have "nalicity" on thier "links-reviews" thingy on the left side runner of thier frontpage.

The other thing is the lower end map reviews,comming from here kinda all at the same time.

Oh, that's because Pete put it in the "Maps" section of the sidebar for some odd-reason. I'll move it down to Reviews. Makes more sense.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Unreal playground are covering the mapper comunity, Beyondunreal is alot bigger and have it's Mega divided part of subforums for each mod and other sites that are hosted by BU. BU is always updated Every day (thanks hal, you teh man) for everything conserning the unrealengine such as mods. While unreal playground is generaly made for maps, the forums are also included of a off-topic part, but you get the idea.

There is no war between Insite and nalicity (gladly :p) , probably if hal would put a link to nalicity on the front page, in big with ownage map mentioned next to it would really affect insite at this moment. I can see that all the hosted sites are listed on the left, i never really went on these, my eyes are more conserned on the right pannel for websites updates. But if you noticed, everytime a kick ass map get ready for download, hal anounce it and it's always on nalicity that you go download it. Insite is in the same caliber as Map raider and Levels4you imo.

Last edited:

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
I tend to disagree with you, Kantham, on Insite's placement. This is just a personal opinion but I've regarded UP as a map host primarily, review place secondary. NaliCity IMO has equal emphasis on map hosting and reviewing, and Insite is pure reviewing (and I have a lot of respect for the reviewers there.) I consider Mapraider more along the lines of UP (primarily maps, secondarily reviews) and I have respect for a few of the reviewers over there but not all of them. I'm unfamiliar with LevelsforU.

Just my opinion...

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ahh, i see your point but i was not speaking about reviewers on insite, but the popularity of it. I have alot of respect for reviewers too because they spend hours on writing reviews for a single map word for word. Don't take me whrong. I just think that alot of people don't care if insite is a reviewer site, they just want maps and that's all. I tend to read some reviews sometimes, espicaly when it's on my own work :)

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Ah popularity. I understand now. Hmmm... A lot of people I'd say care primarily about maps. So I'd put Nali and UP over Insite for popularity in terms of maps. Simply because they host all maps and Insite only hosts whatever they've reviewed. I'm not sure where Mapraider or levelsforyou would fall in there.
Thanks for the clarification!

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Insite is snub nose,they only review maps that 5 score or more.
Mapraider is more of a warehouse,but they get cool maps that no one ever sees here.
Ever see that K galion2 map? i never played it,but also some mappers who will not post here.
Actually quite a few mappers,that never appear here.

Last edited:

Swanky

Natural Born Killer - Yoshi!
Jan 29, 2004
Germany
www.swankl.de.vu
Question is: kind to whom? To the authors or the comm? :D

Anyway, seems like it has started again, because of 1 single comment on one of the NYA maps... Is it just me or is fluffymike really such a loser that he doesn't recognize that flame he accuses others of comes from himself as well? lol...

I thought about the commenting rules (on NC, not the forums)... nobody seems to care about them, and nobody does something against it (or at least it isn't seen, what would be good). What about special moderators there?

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Swanky Swanky Swanky,Heh.

Think if you didnt curtique and F-ING FUNNEL-SNIPER map,oh evil mike would of not known you.

Last edited:

Swanky

Natural Born Killer - Yoshi!
Jan 29, 2004
Germany
www.swankl.de.vu
@ Hourences: That's good, I didn't really know about it, but I suggested you 'd do it. :)

@ redfist: eeeh what? ... ah I see. You mean if I hadn't comment on the sniper maps he wouldn't know me. Yeh... that's a problem, cause he would prolly. ;) Question is if he rated my maps like this what he would most prolly do as well, as he did several times in the past (on other maps). ;)