I need a mic so I can bother you guys on TS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
$20-$30 for a microphone!!?! I cant believe you guys are talking about which mic to buy, I have a cheap $5 (thats NZ$5 which is like US$3.50) clip-on-to-shirt mic and it seems to work flawlessly. The quality dont really matter cos voice com is only like telephone sound quality anyway, unless you wanna use the mic to make high quality recordings or something.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
EggBoy said:
$20-$30 for a microphone!!?! I cant believe you guys are talking about which mic to buy, I have a cheap $5 (thats NZ$5 which is like US$3.50) clip-on-to-shirt mic and it seems to work flawlessly. The quality dont really matter cos voice com is only like telephone sound quality anyway, unless you wanna use the mic to make high quality recordings or something.
I suggest you read the thread. It wasn't about a microphone since the first post: it's about a headset*. And not just a headset, but a headset that can use a 5.1 surround sound system. I somewhat doubt these things cost $5.

*I know the name of the thread isn't correct. I didn't name it

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
hmm ok but I thought the guy says he uses 5.1 speakers so he rather not listen through a headset but wants a headset just for the microphone cos its better than a desktop one for games. So I rekon a clip on microphone will be better if you prefer speakers over headset like me. Although a good desktop one which can pick up the users voice very well might also be good. My laptop has a mic built into the screen and I never used it before but I tried it out just now and it is amazingly good even with noise of TV and kitchen. You just talk and it picks up only your voice and people around are wondering what you talking to.

Last edited:

LordGyth

pwner of n00bs
Feb 1, 2006
up your @$$
i don't know much about headsets, other than im not getting one, instead im gonna keep my speakers, and get a mic that goes on the side of your monitor.

KillStreak

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
Im thinking about hopping on to the TS bandwagon but i dont know.....

dc

Aug 17, 2005
just get a desk mic for ten bucks from wal mart and use your current headphones/speakers. they work just fine

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
There's so much love here.
hump.gif

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I was on TS2 with CT and Kal the other night. I was giving them amp times and whatnot

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
So much love here :fluffle:

Well I won't go back once I go Medusa hehe, haven't gotten them yet but I hope to get them in the start of the next week since they send it yesterday as I ordered it :)

@dc- I can't just go to Walmart, I'm danish :p
Anyways I won't pay for something that just isn't good and btw I just got my salary :)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
the_rex said:
Seriously it was funny this saturday when I joined TS. Now I want to join the fun, but to do that I need a microphone.
I have a big problem though, what the hell should I buy for quality vs. prize.

I'd say around $20-30.

I have a really nice 5.1 sorround sound system so I'm not into using a headset if not only for the mic's sake. I like the idea of a headset with a mic, instead of those on the table.

I like this one:
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat640035/cat640035/prod440014

ooh yeah like everyone really wants to hear some 12 year old sprout internet catch phrases at the top of his lungs and breath into the microphone like the fat ass he is and annoying everyone while he pretends he is so damn funny. :nag:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Like so, now tool's is at it again. Please do post more I'd love it if you want to hail me down a bit more please.

Sorry if I don't follow your legion of ass wipers that truely follows you through off-topic and takes up your crap.