I need a mic so I can bother you guys on TS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Seriously it was funny this saturday when I joined TS. Now I want to join the fun, but to do that I need a microphone.
I have a big problem though, what the hell should I buy for quality vs. prize.

I'd say around $20-30.

I have a really nice 5.1 sorround sound system so I'm not into using a headset if not only for the mic's sake. I like the idea of a headset with a mic, instead of those on the table.

I like this one:
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat640035/cat640035/prod440014

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
I've had a buzzing in my left ear for the last two days due (I assume) to excessive headset usage. So beware :(. It's keeping me from my beauty sleep!

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Hmm that is pricy Ren. :eek:

What I had in mind was more was the headset only for the mic's sake. Not the sound of the headphones.
But will it interfere with the mic if I have my "normal" 5.1 system running out loud and then a mic too?

I know I can be hard to understand at times. :p

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Linten said:
I've had a buzzing in my left ear for the last two days due (I assume) to excessive headset usage. So beware :(. It's keeping me from my beauty sleep!
Lower the TS volume when DP's on TS. That should reduce buzzing in the ears significantly :D hehehe

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
Y'know, I have never actually heard DP's (in)famous voice. He's never on TS till after I leave, I wish he'd come on just to say hi sometime so I can hear what he sounds like. I'll have to collar him next time he's in #fragbu!

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Linten said:
Y'know, I have never actually heard DP's (in)famous voice. He's never on TS till after I leave, I wish he'd come on just to say hi sometime so I can hear what he sounds like. I'll have to collar him next time he's in #fragbu!
I'll record the TS next time we're in a heated CTF/AS/ONS match. It's amazing!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I paid way too much for my headset, and then I couldn't get Best Buy to honor my warranty for it because they insisted that it was physical damage :mad: So what did I do? Buy the same damn one! And there is some sort of loose connection with the wires coming from the control unit so if I move it, sometimes I get crackling and weirdness.
This is the headest I am talking about, Altec Lansing 602

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Renegade Retard said:
Take your thumb and jam it up a kitten's arse. The sound you'll hear is pretty much the same sound coming out of DP's mouth.
:lol:

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
The best I can reccommend would be this

I've heard great things about these, although I don't have one atm I hope to soon. My mic apparently makes me sound like m&ms, though I don't. :B

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
CyMek said:
The best I can reccommend would be this

I've heard great things about these, although I don't have one atm I hope to soon. My mic apparently makes me sound like m&ms, though I don't. :B

That's the mic that comes with the headset I linked above. Very good mic.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Renegade Retard said:
I know it's out of your price range of $20-30, but this surround sound headset is miles better than the one you posted, and for $54 is by far the best headset for the money.

I cought the best Altch Lansign Headphone set ever, awesome quality, awesome quality (70 $ headset) until the wires started to move to inside in. Hell, now the Mic don't work, and if i move just minimaly it **** up.

It's like if you open winamp, go in the equalizer, and bring down all the ****s except one. That's what i get now, for a 70$ Antvh lansign (i really don't care how i spell this crap k ;) )

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Kantham said:
I cought the best Altch Lansign Headphone set ever, awesome quality, awesome quality (70 $ headset) until the wires started to move to inside in. Hell, now the Mic don't work, and if i move just minimaly it **** up.

It's like if you open winamp, go in the equalizer, and bring down all the ****s except one. That's what i get now, for a 70$ Antvh lansign (i really don't care how i spell this crap k ;) )

Sounds like you got burned like me. I'm not buying Altec Lansing anymore.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ahhh

And guess what. Now im still runung with a smae bran headphone set, very very cheap, but thing funny thing about it is that wire. The thing that hold the wire so, if you encoach the wire with a tough movement accidentaly the wire won't start moving in the headset.... ahhhhhhhhhh.

Well too bad, it's just plain stupid, it's like if DreamCast controlers where made 80 % more solid than any other controller on the market in the future