HUD "mod" (question)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
In INF you can change the HUD colour and transparency. That means you can also make it just invisible, but if the HUD is still activated, than you have the weapon name, rate of fire and ammo count still displayed.

Is there a way to remove pieces of it, say, the weapon name, and just keep the ROF and ammo count?

Or otherwise would there be a way to make them all transparent (right now they are opaque white)?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
HUD in it's simplest explanation is blocks of code that render bits to the screen and those are called in the PostRender function in whatever order you would like them put on. Think of each function as a sheet of clear plastic with something drawn on it somewhere. PostRender stacks those layers and draws them to the HUD like you would do layers in photoshop. Change the order and you can change what is seen, remove some parts or draw them as no color and you can 'remove' them. I hope I'm explaining well enough.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Yeah but you'll have to code it so the choice is given server side. Reason being is that if you try to adjust the client view without the server allowing it then that's pretty much the definition of wallhack :p

You could build a client-side config that will tack onto the player's ini file and allow them to make whatever choices you want. I did this with a radar in my original monsterhunt server and let the players decide where to put it in their HUD and even to change how 'zoomed' the radar was. Some players liked seeing really far, others only cared about up close. You could build your HUD so that players could turn whatever blocks they wanted off/on without affecting other players (much like you can +/- your HUD size).

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I'll be honest with you, I put up those threads in hopes it's an easy to fix thing and that someone capable of doing this stuff (coding) will just make it in a minute or two. Of course I'm aware that this is very unlikely to happen, so I take what comes.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I'd bang it out but you are playing INF. I remember looking at the code when you and I talked before about running INF and monsterhunt. It's pretty messy IIRC. It's going to be a job.