How did you get YOUR nickname?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hellsangie

Anja
Jan 16, 2003
Germany (Frankfurt)
Visit site
I startet to play internet games as "Hellsangie". The name was given me by Sexmachine. This has been some years ago when he called himself "Hellraiser". :flak:
So the "Hell" came from "Hellraiser" and "Angie" is similar to my real name Anja.
Some weeks ago I´ve decided to play with the short form "Angie".

Zirconium

Also known as Zr40
Jun 4, 2003
Netherlands
zr40.nl
Well, my first nickname was matthijs1111 :D couldn't come up with a better one :lol:
After using that for several years someone decided I had to use a better one. :stick: As usual, I couldn't think of a better one, until i looked at one of the articles of some news site. I think you can guess which part I used ;)
Some time later I decided to change my nick to 'Zr40', except on forums. (Zr is the abbreviation of Zirconium, and 40 is the element number ;))

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
My Nick Part 1 The Nick

Originally I never played Online, posted on forums or really did any thing outside our network, so I had no need to be unique. Because of this I always played my games as Beast (Some of you older players may remember I played my first Sunday lockdown under this name). When I discovered the Internet I used Beast but found in some places it was taken. So I did not post there.
About 2 years ago I read the first Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer and loved it (Best book ever IMHO) so I went looking for some fan groups and needed a name (Beast had died (I had him put down:))) So I decided to look in the book for a new name. My favourite character was a dwarf named Mulch Diggums who was a cat burglar who could steal literally anything from literally any where (a web from under a spider), but seeing as this was an AF group Mulch and Mulch Diggums were taken, so I went with Mulch_D (the underscore is important) and it stuck.
That's how I got my nick.:D
And in your poll I would have voted for 8: Other

This message was written with 0 total structure.

[Edit]My real name is Jakob Arundel but my freinds call me Jake, Jake corn on the cob, Obie One Jacobie and many others[/Edit]

Last edited:

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
My Nick Part 2 The Avatar

This one's quick(er).
My computer's mascot is Feathers McGraw (penguin) from "Wallace and Gromit The Wrong Trousers" and mentioned (but nobody notices) in "Wallace and Gromit A Close Shave"!!!
That is why he is my Avatar. The head set feathers is wearing was "Me wearing my headset" I posted this before the forums melted and it was a joke when Sexmachine set up the Game voice server.
I do really have a head set though.

Attachments

• FeathersTheam.JPG
    FeathersTheam.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Walter01

May 18, 2003
Visit site
My nickname...

My nickname is a leftover from a LAN party some years ago.
When i got there, about 6 or 7 people where there already, and everyone had chosen a name from La Femme: Nikita.
Ofcourse Nikita, Birkoff, Operations and a few others where already taken.
The only names left for me to choose from were Walter and Madaline. Needless to say, the choise was a no-brainer :p

Because i'm just to lazy to come up with a new nickname (and because it's rather difficult to come up with a really good one), I sorta got stuck with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't actually use this email address, please send messages to fleurenton at hotmail

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Boost said:
I will have to say number 7. I wanted to play UT and had to come up with a name. Boost means energy and I liked the sound of that.

Its also the name of a chocolate bar :lol:

Attachments

• boostbreezecan.gif
    boostbreezecan.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 10
  • boostcan.gif
    boostcan.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 14
  • boostpuddcan.gif
    boostpuddcan.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 12

redrage

walking target
Apr 10, 2003
hampshire uk
Visit site
nickname

mine is from a chapter in an edgar allan poe book:"in my pain a red mist of anger did cloud my countenance and in the midst of this terrible REDRAGE did i see the means for my vengeance", Hows that for arty farty then?. :eek:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Heh
My nickname came a combination of my name and from school.

Zed comes from my name. My surname is Zeal, and people at school simply call me "Zed".

Maestro comes from school. I started to play golf while I was at school, and surprisingly I wasn't naturally talented. So, I would play bad shots and worse shots. However, if I was playing golf with a particular mate at school and I played a good shot, he would be amazed (as would I) and say "Zed-Maestro". I dont know why, but he just did. I liked the name, and so I use it online.

I would use "Zed" is it wasn't likely to be used by anyone else, but sometimes it is, and so I chose "ZedMaestro" because i wouldnt expect to find it in use somewhere else.

There you have it, the reason behind "ZedMaestro"!

By the way, these Unreal Smilies are so cool!

:enforcer::biorifle::shock::Pulse::ripper::minigun::flak::rl::sniper:
:redeemer:

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
As for my name, I wanted something that sounded cool, a "code name", mostly Metal Gear Solid 2. I wanted to keep it with the "style" of the other code names. I went with swift because I liked the ninja (and speed) and viper kind of came out of nowhere because it sounded cool. I had this name for about a year now.

BTW, nice update, they finally turn into a llama :) :D :tup: :clap: :biggrin2: . I also like the UT weapon slimes, now if there would only UT2k3 weapons, I think I saw the Lightning Gun and some other weapons somewhere else before, long ago.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Sexmachine said:
The nick is inspired by the Godfather of Soul (James Brown) as that song (Sex Machine) was somehow in my mind at the time I've decided to change my nick.
I 've always thought it was because of the movie From Dusk Til Dawn ;)

Last edited:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Rob said:
I 've always thought it was because of the movie From Dusk Til Dawn ;)

Yeah, me too. I can just imgaine 'our' Sexmachine running round with a leather codpiece on. ;)

skeleton_keys

aka Banquo
Dec 12, 2002
London UK
Visit site
For online games I always use the nick Banquo. You will be seeing me more in JB games.

It's from Shakespeare's Macbeth...I was looking for a nick and just liked the phonetic sound of his name and the qualities the actual character has.
Banquo is the guy that is Macbeth's main rival who comes back as a ghost after Macbeth has him assassinated.
Basically he was the good guy as a foil to Macbeth's bad guy.

The name skeleton_keys was born when I worked on a helpdesk. I like opening things up and examining them so nothing technology wise is safe around me.
I mainly use this nick if Banquo is taken, so you won't see it very often.

X-Tremegaming

[DC] Sub
Aug 5, 2003
So. California
defconservers.com
Well I'm new here but I thought I'd throw my 2c in..

I play under the nick SubZero, I don't remember exactly how i got the name but some of the guys in my old clan used to say my voice always stays the same during a match, (cold) so I guess the name is appropriate,

The other name i use on occasion is VindicatoR and that is a bit easier to explain..

Vindicator translated means To defend, maintain, or insist on the recognition of,

But I have grown fond of the name SubZero so this is most likely the name you will see me use in the future.. ;)