How active is the UT2K4 online community?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
I was just wondering how active the UT2K4 gaming community is. Does anyone play it still on a regular basis? Does anyone prefer to play it over UT3?

I still play 2004 every night with a gaming clan, so I still love it, but I was just wondering if others still regularly play. ;) :Pulse:

Our entire clan - which are veteran players - did not like UT3, so we just stuck with what we thought was the best game. Just curious if others are still actively playing UT2K4 online...if so where and what game types?

Thanks for any input, Prozac :)

Thanatosaurus

Feb 21, 2009
I saw active servers last time I was online with it. I don't play online too much because my connection has a 10 GB cap.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Because I like UT1 and UT3 a freaking lot and equally. I dislike everything about UT2k4, from art style to the core gameplay, and I mostly try to ignore its existence... almost.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
But good for you in the other hand. At least I'm happy enough about people still playing games of the Unreal series.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
But good for you in the other hand. At least I'm happy enough about people still playing games of the Unreal series.

At least this is a good attitude. I'm happy for people who enjoy UT3, it's just not for me. The level of skill required to play UT2004 is infinitely greater in my opinion.

Do any of you UT2004 players, play online, like a lot?

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Well it's nice to see that some people are still playing UT2K4. I remember the good old days of FragBu when we played 2004, CTF, Assault, you name it. Raffi_B was a hitscan god back then, I wonder if he's still around.

Fun times. Wish it was still around. :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I play UT2004 and UT3 equally, and I don't care about UT1 too much (unless I'm on a weak machine), although I'm an offline player for the most part. Or a spectator.

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I don't play a ton, but i still play 2k4 on & off.

A lot more off of late, but for a few months this winter i was playing quite a few hours every week.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I don't know the exact numbers but I do know I get LOTS of messages and emails when the master server goes down.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I play UT2004 and UT3 equally, and I don't care about UT1 too much (unless I'm on a weak machine), although I'm an offline player for the most part. Or a spectator.

Ditto that, and I do get involved with modding and mapping in close-quarter deathmatches and CTFs from time to time. I kinda feel that everyone seems to think BIG DM and CTF maps are the way to go, and I humbly disagree with that. While they are fun, I'm one of those who wants to cut right to the chase when it comes to hitting a frag limit. Anyone say Gael or Leviathan? :D