UT3 HOLP3 Volume 1 Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Who said UT3 is dead :D

Big Thanks to all the creators and authors.
Now all us independent mappers should start creating for the mods and also use the custom content that's been made.
:D

When's holp vol2 :D

Wait for it my friend wait...Im enjoying both cbp3 and holp as ever lmao They can wait ( Of course more of this is better and more guaranteed fun ) I demand more jb maps lol xd

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
These maps are about the only ones playable on an nVidia 9200 GS (I tried UT3 on my laptop, not only does it run, but these maps run at 40FPS!!! HIGH DETAIL. resolution is 848x480 though...)
For a system rating of 3.5, and UT3 minimum being 3.7, I'd say that's a pretty good job indeed. :D

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
S&F Pew Pew [ ut3://208.93.195.37:7777:6500 ] running the pack! (Atlanta)
We pugged Faze on ip1 and it was amazing. The only gripe I have with that map is the reverberation it adds to the sounds. I had to take my head phones off, otherwise it was a good match. :)

Cockbite

Jul 28, 2009
What happened to GameServers.net

They shut down a couple months ago. This was their final message.

GameServers.net ends here...

After more than 10 years of online game hosting we regret to inform you that the playing joy at our website has come to an end. We have decided to put an end to our gaming activities so we can focus on our core business. We will quit gaming and focus on our hosting activities again.

GameServers.net was a very popular online gaming platform. However we had to decide to stop our gaming activities. Current economic developments are not part of that decision, not at all. GameServers.net had a sound and healthy client base, with very loyal customers who appreciate a stable and speedy gaming experience, but these activities are not reconcilable any more with our other activities in the market.

We hope that our clients will find the same stable and speedy multiplayer experience elsewhere. Above all we want to thank everyone, especially our loyal customers, for their trust in our gaming services during the last couple of years.

We will keep our forums online for a few more days.

Kind regards,
The GameServers.net team

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
In other words, they didn't want to spam their site with popups and ads like other game downloading sites, so they decided to shut down instead. It was why I liked to DL from edome in the past also. At least there's still ut-files.;)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
We pugged Faze on ip1 and it was amazing. The only gripe I have with that map is the reverberation it adds to the sounds. I had to take my head phones off, otherwise it was a good match. :)

Sounds always end up more retarded ingame then the editor for some reason. Which sucks, because it sounded good although i completely forgot about it i don't actually get the effect in-game on my settings dunno why.

Glad you liked it though :p

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
aim of HOLP3 met with these maps!

CTF-Isis - It's fairly windy outside this huge Egyptian pyramid. Are these mountains in Egypt? The gameplay is inside and the bots are decent. Good lighting shining down from above and other places. There is a little more room in this one than you might think.

CTF-Orestes - This is a mishmash of a lot of different I don't know WTF things in what seems to be some type of a spacebase. There seems to be many different textures and borders, but it seems to work somewhat well and I'm not sure why. It's a fun match with various paths to and from the flags and z-axis opportunities.

CTF-Politicos - This is a leaking underground base with a dark atmosphere and has a good layout with multiple paths, but the bots can't defend all that well; they have a hard time chasing you as well.

CTF-Rabalder - This is a somewhat small map with interesting flag/weapon stands (or whatever you call them). I can imagine this being very fun online with this layout (insane number of paths). The meshes seemed rather too much for a HOLP map but it still works.

CTF-Tangled - This classic layout is so classic it's almost better than classic. This would be an excellent map for TDM (if it was a DM map that is) and bots kick a$$ in this one. I like the shadows, textures and lighting.

DM-Eluded - This is another one with a great layout and good bots. You always have to watch yourself in this as you might come around a corner and smack into a player. Definitely old skool, so just give this one a try.

DM-Faze - Another good one that's more open but still tight. I like the sky and the way the ocean looks along the edges of the map. The bots seem to like one particular area of the map, but a fun bot match can still be had. Good use of the textures and colors in the HOLP style in a map that is a great TDM map.

DM-Integrity - This one has nice shadows and lighting as well as layout. Even though the map is a tight one, the bots could be a lot better. The textures, borders and lighting are done well.

DM-Oxidized - Even the sky is rusty and what's that slime and newspapers on the ground? I would say these might be the worst bots in the pack and I saw them get stuck multiple times in one match trying to access the shield belt over the blocks; also a map with bad bots in tight corridors which is strange because I thought they did better in tight places. This map seemed almost too simple, but it still fit the HOLP theme and was fun to play.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
CTF-Tangled - This classic layout is so classic it's almost better than classic. This would be an excellent map for TDM (if it was a DM map that is) and bots kick a$$ in this one. I like the shadows, textures and lighting.
Agreed

DM-Faze - Another good one that's more open but still tight. I like the sky and the way the ocean looks along the edges of the map. The bots seem to like one particular area of the map, but a fun bot match can still be had. Good use of the textures and colors in the HOLP style in a map that is a great TDM map.