UT3 HOLP Map Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Hourences said:
We have released our HOLP map pack for Unreal Tournament 3:

HOLP (Hardcore Oldskool Low Poly)

[screenshot]http://phalanx.planetunreal.gamespy.com/hourences/compilation.jpg[/screenshot]

# 9 Levels in total, 5 CTF and 4 DM levels.
# The focus is on great gameplay.
# Hardcore oldskool (think UT1) levels with minimum clutter, maximum gameplay, and somewhat decent visuals.
# Nearly all contributing level designers are professionally active within the games industry and all of them are European.
# Involved were Hourences, Sefyra, h0ok, Sabrewulf, Sjosz, Hazel, Slainchild, Barballs.
# Great perfomance.
# Wide range of themes and colors.
# No or limited bloom, depth of field, motion blur, normal maps, and so on.

ftp://ftp.unreal.ie/unreal.ie/ut3/mappacks/HOLP_Pack.zip - Thanks to Unreal.ie - 191 MB

http://nuky.geektips.org/HOLP_Pack.zip

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/files/HOLP_Pack.zip

http://dl.baze.de/games/ut3/HOLP_Pack.zip

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/mods/holp_pack.zip

This pack IS NOT meant to look awesome, nor to rival the graphics found in the retail UT3 levels. These levels are meant to provide pure gameplay, not to look great. We hope that our levels will bump up the popularity of the classic gamemodes DM and CTF, and get some clan play going again.

Unzip everything into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

Posting this again since it was lost in the crash, and Hourences is away for a while. Please post additional download mirrors if you know of any :)

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I love the DM's in this pack while I don't really feel much of anything for most of the CTF's except Turbo.

Still an excellent pack!!

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Any chances on getting these cool looking maps cooked for PS3? I have the PC version of UT3 but I have yet to figure out the cooking tool.

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
BSP or not they're just plain awesome.I could play on these levels for hours.It's nice to see color and sleekness instead of all dark metal that is charred all to hell.AlsoI do like being able to tell the difference between a wall,floor,and ceiling.Yeah just picky like that.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
This map pack is full of awesomeness and I hope to see more (I mean, a lot) old school designed maps again.
Especially DM.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Best map pack I have seen in a long time ... every map is a winner ... you can't beat that. I also love how this is only on the PC atm. I think it is OK for the PC gamers to have some things the PS3 people don't ... and this is one of them! :)

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
ah, i love this pack. i have only played the DM's online, though. but it was so much fun - and not only cause i was so damn good :lol:
btw the most challenging of them was your DM-Subterrane, hazel. really fun gameplay :)

edit: my sig finally shows up, w00t :D

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Great pack idd! A must own for any player. And out so early too!

Greetings Hazel, it's not often you meet a fellow Scot online :D

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
This is the first custom content I've had a chance to play since I got UT3 up and running.

All of a sudden the game has come alive.

In my opinion this gear is better than a lot of the release maps; easily better.

Thanks guys! :tup:

Anuban

Apr 4, 2005
Other than the fact that T2A's reviews mean absolutely nothing (imo of course ... how can someone who hates the base game ... or so he says ... give credible reviews ... you got me) it was good to see that these levels finally got reviewed and yes they are all excellent and this pack is definitely a must have for true lovers of the Unreal series ... the gameplay is excellent and the visuals are damn good given the nature of the pack.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Being critical to the game (or even dislike it) means nothing (imo of course). T2A` wouldn't do that if he's completely uninterested in the game. Truth is that game is much more spam-prone than UT2004 - for some it's fun, for some not so much. T2A` was critical to UT2004 as well. Last thing I saw you two meet in one discussion - it was the discussion about stock maps - and from that discussion T2A` went out much better because he supported his statements with quite elaborated arguments that makes sense (and not only in UT3).

After all... I'm critical to this game as well, I'm also less experienced (time in-game, free time to look through maps, just name it) and that means my reviews mean even less then his.

Starting with "it was good..." you start to make sense though. Hm... sometimes I can't keep my distance from argues so it seems. ;-)

Anuban

Apr 4, 2005
It doesn't bother me what you think dude ... it won't change my mind. If you think he "went out better" that's cool ... it doesn't really matter to me. I will never listen to any of his reviews while he hangs on to his irrational hatred of the game and keeps saying that the game is broken and has crappy gameplay ... etc, etc. I couldn't even imagine playing a game if I really felt that way let along write reviews for it ... and it is about UT3 as well ... those maps DO NOT exist in a vacuum. So if on one hand you are saying that a game sucks and that people in essence should not waste time with it then I find it impossible to listen to your positive reviews of maps. If the maps are fun to play and you enjoyed playing them then you enjoyed some aspect of UT3 and it is ridiculous to keep saying how much you dislike a game but still spend so much time on that platform.

If I don't like a game I don't play it ... its that simple. Every game I personally is the same way. Anyone I had no problems with your reviews because you actually like the game so again imo that gives credibility to your review. Again this is how I feel and no amount of debating, discussion, arguing, whatever, is going to change that. I am pretty stubborn that way I guess ... once something lacks logic too me then game over. You may be different and that is fine ... for you. I'm true to myself first and foremost.

Last edited:

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Ha... I was far from changing your mind. I like UT franchise and UT3 was much worse than I expected (after all the promises). And I'm positive 99% of my life. I still can write reviews for it, you can do the same after all. Every opinion brings something in, some opinions are of course more valid (like relevant for more ppl :-)). Everything can be said with proper IMO (like you did). It was pointless because you're not T2A and if you can't imagine doing reviews in his position... well he can (imagine and do it as well).

I will not play HL2 again just because "another UT" is not that great as it supposed to be (IMO). Most important part of the message for you was "don't read my reviews either". They are by all your standards less valid then his because I share his opinions towards the game and even play it less. I'm just not writing so much about it because I'm lazy and have little free time.

BTW: I'm pretty sure that regarding pure gameplay UT3 wouldn't score 5 out of 10 or less in T2A`s eyes... I hope. ;-) But when you expect game with gameplay 9/10 well then let's say 7 is pretty low. Not to mention that it's underlined by nice (imo) but mediocre maps, stupid (aim)bots when you want something higher than adept and talks about UI are completely unnecessary. Even with patch 1.2 I don't know how to add private server into favourites other way than changing ini files. That's enough to stand by and wait for next patch... or UT. And to do some reviews meanwhile. In my case I also try to make some map. That makes me very interested in level design even when I dislike UT3 more than I like it. I'm not sure if you can imagine that, but there is always much more possible than one can imagine.

Last edited: