HL2 delayed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Good God. I thought we had problems with bitching. Our nay sayers are tranqual compared to them.

Hope its delayed about 6 months. I figure 3 months after that the patches will make it playable. I should be able to afford an upgrade in 9 months.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
ben, they (and we) have a reason to bitch. Valve has repeatedly stated that HL2 was to be released on the 30th. I've never believed them, it was so obvious Steam was not ready yet. But they kept repeating "30th September", "30th September", "30th September", and son on until yesterday! 7 day before the release. They are either very stupid or very stubborn, probably both :rolleyes:

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
oops. Sorry Freon. Didn't mean to imply that they had no reason to bitch because they clearly do. Valve screwed up. I also agree that we ourselfs have reasons to complain.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
hmm yesterday i was board and checked for a release date with gamestop, and it had it pused back to sometime in febuary.

On second thought it's probably for the better. Better hardware will be released to ensure a much better gaming experince for the hardcore, and prices will drop on the less new, allowing the rest of us to run the game fairly well without shelling out 500 bucks.

Besides aren't those 64-bit CPU's supposed to be coming around soon?

Last edited:

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
So they didnt make their deadline, whootpie... I'm dissapointed I won't be playing the game soon, but I'm not obsessively pissed off at them for falling behind. In all honesty I would hate, absolutely hate to be the man responsible for making a guess as to when any piece of production software would be ready. I hate to even predict my 2 week projects at work. If they push it back 2-3 times then people may have a greater reason to get upset (cough*sentry*) but as it is, I dont see one missed deadline as earth-shattering, I see it as expected for such a highly anticipated extensively developed software release.

Last edited:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
GNAT, that's not the problem. I can't think of a game being released on time in the past years :p
but valve has been lying for months just to build the hype, while they new they were going to delay it.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
These days, video games are nothing but hype. You need to shovel hype out of the way, just to get a clear sight of what you are really dealing with. I could care less really. I have plenty of other new games to play, and I honestly wanted it to be delayed, because it would have been a gaming overload. And if INF actually gets released soon for once, then that's one more game to consider. I think their biggest concern is to get out before doom3.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Freon said:
but valve has been lying for months just to build the hype, while they new they were going to delay it.

Someone would post this about INF, he'd have his guts torn apart. Yet, in both cases, it's speculation, and there is nothing that confirms it or denies it.

That was poor, Freon. As a Sentry guy more than anyone, you should know not to spout such things.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Oh, crap, a delay. Now I get to listen to the bitching of my friends who haven't learned to ignore release dates, yet.

*Sigh*

Last edited:

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
pfffff..... who cares about the delay? who did actually belive the could make the releasedate till now? it wasn't very thrustable two weaks ago, and no, just a few days before the releasedate, with no hl2 gone gold news around, you had to be a ****ing dumbnut to actualy believe in a release.

what im more worried about is in how far the german version is censored. blood and animations can be patched, but if i notice any map being cut in the slightest way i'll send this sucker back to the shop without even trying to find a fix (read: warez copy). in the german version of hl1 shot sientists would just sit down and start to shake their heads, and in unreal2 a few maps were seriously cut. im not going to take this bull**** again.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
The weird thing is that the entire developement plan was designed to avoid this problem. They deleveloped it in secret for what 4 years avoiding questions and speculation. They then annouced it about 6 months before the scheduled release. The idea being that they did not want to try to keep the hype going for the entire development time. So much for the plan.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
fist_mlrs said:
in the german version of hl1 shot sientists would just sit down and start to shake their heads.

"Ooooh, you unloaded your shotgun on me at point blank range, how not nice of you"

:lol: :lol:
Priceless

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
right, its funny for the first few times, but considering there weren't that many scienteists and barneys in hl while you see quite a few humans in the hl2 footage i fear what's a nice firefight in the international version will become the ultimate headbanging contest in the nicified german version ... not that i've got anything against headbanging, but doing it eye to eye to an alien invasion seems to be a little bit ... strange :con:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Hey, they do that in the Us version too, if you don't kill them :)

After waiting for INF for so long, I can firmly say, "six month delay? Who gives a smeg! That's nothin!" :D If nothing else, waiting for INF has taught me patience...

I really, really feel bad for those people still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever, though :eek:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Oh, and:

iraqi-minister.jpg

;)